Mayweather v. McGregor...Sat. August 26, 2017

topher805

The rumor mill is back and forth on this one. It has been floated out there for a while now and ESPN came out with a report the fight was close to happening yesterday. Of course Mayweather has shot down the rumors, but there is a lot of smoke to this one.

This turn out to be like Mayweather/Pacquiao where they dance and it eventually happens, or is this just dead in the water?

The only person that I can see wanting to do this fight is McGregor. From this article McGregor has only made $22 million in MMA /UFC and endorsements. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/2330911/what-is-conor-mcgregors-net-worth-and-how-much-does-the-ufc-champ-earn-for-each-fight/ . That would double his worth, but 57.8% goes to taxes in the U.K. for their highest tax bracket. It would simply be a circus with a nice payout for Mayweather. They'd still have to work out the details of the fight. I'm sure Mayweather wouldn't agree if it was MMA, and would demand it be a boxing match. If that were the case he would beat McGregor easily, but I don't think it would be by K.O.. The only way I see McGregor winning a match like that is if Mayweather has already got out of shape, and he doesn't train for the match. I don't see it happening.

Doubtful he the reason. Mayweather probably he has the most to lose in the situation.

Dana had something to say in a previous interview about having Conor get in the ring, contract stipulations. Its more difficult than ppl think. $$$$$ Dana wants to make sure his hand is in the pot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYCQB_xLV4

Dana had sonething to say in a previous interview about having Conor get in the ring, contract stipulations. Its more difficult than ppl think. $$$$$ Dana wants to make sure his hand is in the pot.

https://youtu.be/gSYCQB_xLV4

Dana White is interesting. He built UFC to what it is today. It is nothing like it used to be when I watched as a kid 15-20 years ago.

That said, he is the judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to decision making for UFC. He is so strict and has these guys firmly under his thumb. Guys think they can leave and make it on their own, and don't come close to what they were. The power he holds is incredible. Interested to see if McGregor goes toe-to-toe with him...

• Like 1

Dana White is interesting. He built UFC to what it is today. It is nothing like it used to be when I watched as a kid 15-20 years ago.

That said, he is the judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to decision making for UFC. He is so strict and has these guys firmly under his thumb. Guys think they can leave and make it on their own, and don't come close to what they were. The power he holds is incredible. Interested to see if McGregor goes toe-to-toe with him...

For a while Dana white was the only agent for every UFC fighter. That may still happen...

The only person that I can see wanting to do this fight is McGregor. From this article McGregor has only made $22 million in MMA /UFC and endorsements. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/2330911/what-is-conor-mcgregors-net-worth-and-how-much-does-the-ufc-champ-earn-for-each-fight/ . That would double his worth, but 57.8% goes to taxes in the U.K. for their highest tax bracket. It would simply be a circus with a nice payout for Mayweather. They'd still have to work out the details of the fight. I'm sure Mayweather wouldn't agree if it was MMA, and would demand it be a boxing match. If that were the case he would beat McGregor easily, but I don't think it would be by K.O.. The only way I see McGregor winning a match like that is if Mayweather has already got out of shape, and he doesn't train for the match. I don't see it happening.

It depends on whether it was an MMA fight or boxing match. Mayweather would easily win the boxing match, but might not survive in the cage with McGregor ....

For a while Dana white was the only agent for every UFC fighter. That may still happen...

I don't know if he still is, but the dude has some power. He can make or break a career on a whim...Connor McGregor is a polarizing athlete, and I don't even think he has the star power to break away from White and go to another of these smaller organizations...

I don't know if he still is, but the dude has some power. He can make or break a career on a whim...Connor McGregor is a polarizing athlete, and I don't even think he has the star power to break away from White and go to another of these smaller organizations...

To be a star you have to be able to fight other stars. That's the problem with all of these other MMA leagues. They can create a phenom but can't afford to keep them... MMA would need a huge investment group to do what the WCW/WWF war did... basically hire stars away from each other and be able to match the UFC's marketing

To be a star you have to be able to fight other stars. That's the problem with all of these other MMA leagues. They can create a phenom but can't afford to keep them... MMA would need a huge investment group to do what the WCW/WWF war did... basically hire stars away from each other and be able to match the UFC's marketing

That's what MMA needs. They need Vince McMahon to step in and help finance and generate interest. Can you see a MMA league spearheaded by him? If anyone in that industry has the pull of Dana White, it is McMahon

If it happens, when is all this suppose to take place about, this summer? I'm guessing it would be in Vegas. Personally, I think Mayweather may win a boxing match, but not as easily as some may think.

That's what MMA needs. They need Vince McMahon to step in and help finance and generate interest. Can you see a MMA league spearheaded by him? If anyone in that industry has the pull of Dana White, it is McMahon

I don't know... Vince spearheaded the XFL....

If it happens, when is all this suppose to take place about, this summer? I'm guessing it would be in Vegas. Personally, I think Mayweather may win a boxing match, but not as easily as some may think.

If McGregor turned into a brawl, and you know he would, you could be right ...

The 30 for 30 on it was pretty good. I think that was a learning experience for him. Plus I think MMA would be much closer to his wheelhouse than football...

I do think individuals are his thing. Especially with the bad nicknames and horrible costumes. His MMA could basically be the current WWE with actual fighting... I would watch that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm curious to know what the rules we be. Will they each wear the gloves they're used to? Will McGregor have to wear shoes? How many rounds and how long? Will the bout just be totally boxing? I'm guessing it will be just totally boxing, or McGregor will have it over in the first round if allowed to do any MMA.

I'm curious to know what the rules we be. Will they each wear the gloves they're used to? Will McGregor have to wear shoes? How many rounds and how long? Will the bout just be totally boxing? I'm guessing it will be just totally boxing, or McGregor will have it over in the first round if allowed to do any MMA.

McGregor could care less if he loses a boxing/track meet to FM ... as long as he gets that $75 million check .... gonna be a total circus.

• Like 1

For $75-100 million, I'd fight both of them alternating rounds ... and put up a helluva fight for a 63 yr old man .... :P

McGregor would beat you down worse than we did to you in Fantasy football :lol:
  • Like 1