Mayweather v. McGregor...Sat. August 26, 2017

topher805

10 oz gloves...12 rounds of boxing

I'm excited. I know my neighbor will buy it and put it on his projector in the backyard, so that's where I'll be...

We're going in on Canelo and Triple G instead.

• Like 1

Floyd gonna run around the ring whole fight and win. I hope ppl not dumb enough to order this on ppv.

The first three rounds will be the only shot if McGregor ever had one. It's gonna be Floyd dancing his way to victory. Unless things get crazy and Connor flips and starts throwing MMA moves on him, I won't make Money any richer.

• Like 3

Floyd gonna run around the ring whole fight and win. I hope ppl not dumb enough to order this on ppv.

The first three rounds will be the only shot if McGregor ever had one. It's gonna be Floyd dancing his way to victory.

Agree. This isn't a fight, this is a boxing match. Floyd gonna wear Conor's ### out.

• Like 1

Agree. This isn't a fight, this is a boxing match. Floyd gonna wear Conor's ### out.

It will be interesting to see whether McGregor is content to "box" or will he try and bull rush and manhandle FM ... It McGregor goes MMA, the referee is going to earn his money ... :P My guess is McGregor will be content to "dance with Mayweather" and collect his $75 million check laughing all the way to the bank ...

The only thing that saves Mayweather is they aren't playing by MMA rules ...

I wonder if they're even going to break even on this fight. I've heard so many people say they're not going to purchase it that I don't see how it's going to make any money. The only way McGregor had a chance was if it was MMA style. He may last all 12 rounds, but I'd put my money on Mayweather.

I wonder if they're even going to break even on this fight. I've heard so many people say they're not going to purchase it that I don't see how it's going to make any money. The only way McGregor had a chance was if it was MMA style. He may last all 12 rounds, but I'd put my money on Mayweather.

You could also say the only way Mayweather has a chance is because it's suppose to be boxing .... :P

At least McGregor has a brawlers chance in the boxing ring, but Mayweather wouldn't last one round in the octagon with McGregor ... tru storie ....

People buying it are doing it for the freak factor. They wanna see McGregor throw him in armbar or choke him out. That's the only way you could even consider getting your money's worth.

People buying it are doing it for the freak factor. They wanna see McGregor throw him in armbar or choke him out. That's the only way you could even consider getting your money's worth.

It's going to be worse than a Dancing with the Stars rerun ... don't waste your money ... :P

• Like 1

I feel the only way this fight has a chance into being a great fight and not a circus like Kirt had mention, is if McGregor could last 5 to 7 rounds then it turns into a battle and MG knocks Mayweather the plum out.fighting0077.gif But that just me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The race card was thrown yesterday on facebook at least by some pundit complaining that McGregor is the fan favorite. He's the underdog, and of course people want to see an upset even if he is Irish and Mayweather is American. I don't think McGregor has a shot with Mayweathers defensive skills. He's going to wear out early, and go down in the 5th round. I've put my money on Mayweather so I'm in his corner.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't watched any boxing for some time, but ain't boxing rounds 2 mins long? Seems like everyone is thinking McGregor wouldn't last because he gets fatigued if it goes pass the third round. Well yeah, for three 5 min. UFC rounds. That's like 8 boxing rounds, and with a whole lot more breaks. I would like to see Mayweather go 3 to 5 five min. rounds. Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel McGregor has the upper hand.

• 1 month later...

I don't think either of them have faced anyone like they are going to see tonight ... Mayweather is going to be dancing and jabbing and McGregor is going to be trying to tear his head off like it's a street fight ... if McGregor has any early success ... look out ... McGregor is going to turn into the Tasmanian devil ...