Boys High School Basketball Playoffs

Hagar

We won 68-64 in double overtime over Texas City. Time to win Tuesday Reb!!! We face Fort Bend Marshall next. I see yall won, keep it going!

We have Shelbyville. Again, ranked higher than us. Everyone in our bracket group is ranked higher, just like PAM. Hey, as long as we keep winning, we don't mind lol.

• Like 1

what was Colmesneil ranked?

I was looking up. Colmesneil is no longer in our bracket, lol. Evadale is #22. Just best Alto #16, and now have Shelbyville #20. IF (big IF) we beat Shelbyville, we'll play LaPoynor or Grapeland, #14 & 18. As the old saying goes, that's a long row to hoe. But hey, it's fun just to be involved.

Btw, based on what I've seen, I think Shelbyville is better than Alto, but I could be wrong. Evadale will have to to play at their best. It should be a great game.

• Like 1

I was looking up. Colmesneil is no longer in our bracket, lol. Evadale is #22. Just best Alto #16, and now have Shelbyville #20. IF (big IF) we beat Shelbyville, we'll play LaPoynor or Grapeland, #14 & 18. As the old saying goes, that's a long row to hoe. But hey, it's fun just to be involved.

Btw, based on what I've seen, I think Shelbyville is better than Alto, but I could be wrong. Evadale will have to to play at their best. It should be a great game.

Keep in mind Shelbyville beat #7 Tenaha just 3 weeks ago 75-69.

I like this...

Keep in mind Shelbyville beat #7 Tenaha just 3 weeks ago 75-69.

I like this...

I saw that, thus my comment that I thought Shelbyville better than Alto (who were very good). I expect a very good game, with the winner capable of getting to the final four, emphases on "capable". The winner will get Grapeland or LaPoynor, both real good teams. As my SIL, who is more knowledgeable about basketball than me, constantly tells me, it's all about matchups. I just hope the matchups favor Evadale, but even if they do, Evadale will have to play at the top of their game. I think the Dragons can play with anyone in 2A.

The two teams have three common opponents. Chireno, Wesr Sabine, and Dallardsville Big Sandy, with comparable results. This should be a nailbiter.

I was at that game. IMO Shelbyville outplayed tenaha the whole game with the exception of about a 3 min "game" time span from the end of the 3rd thru the first couple min of the 4th....also, from what I was told at that game, Shelbyville had like a 12 pt lead on tenaha late in the game the 1st time they played, as well, but tenaha managed to pull out the win.

I heard in the first game, that Shelbyville got into foul trouble and that's how Tenaha managed to pull out the two point victory. That's just what someone told me, so I don't know if that's what happened. Those two games alone indicates how good Shelbyville is. I honestly think that the Shelbyville vs Evadale game Tuesday will be a nailbiter. Evadale's strength is its depth. We have 12 solid players. A rare luxury in 2A. Just hope it's enough.

Does anyone know the date, time and location of the Laneville game and also the Grapeland vs Lapoyner game?

I think the Grapeland vs LaPoynor game is Tuesday at 7:30, in Leon HS gym.

Which is where the winner plays the winner of Evadale vs Shelbyville next. Smart move on their part.

Don't know any info on the Laneville game.

Shelbyville has a freshman, I think #15 that will drain treys from 5 ft. past the 3 point line if he is left alone.

I watched a video of his highlights in one game. Awesome, and he was shooting from 4 point range. Very impressive, and very scary.