Boys High School Basketball Playoffs

Hagar

Like to congratulate the Grapeland Sandies. Y'all are the real true meaning of a team. With the good decisions and TEAM play, y'all are making Houston county proud. I'm rooting for y'all to win it all, even though I am a Alto graduate.

Although virtually a novice at boys HS basketball, I spent a lot of time trying to anticipate who Evadale might beat (emphasis on might). Grapeland was the one I wasn't sure of. Of course Shelbyville took us out, but I was scared of the Sandies. I wish them the best since they're representing our Region.

Shout out to Tenaha. Great season guys.

You thought Silsbee choked against Dallas Lincoln last year?

They get a pass for last yr, that freak accident happened and who knows where some of those kids minds were. This yr they have to win it, especially since Lincoln is out. And they haven't missed a beat with out the younger McCain, Bush has been going off.

Silsbee's been matched up with Argyle in one of the 4A semis. Going to be quite a contrast in styles. I'm rooting for coach Sigler to get that state title, but I'd be a little nervous if I was a Silsbee fan.

Argyle did not handle the full pressure consistently when paris stepped it up late in the game yesterday. ... Will be interesting to see if the pressure will work on argyle's guards...

I will agree with you that sislbee best bring A+ game in semifinal

Just got out done on the boards against them last time. There one kid had over 35 rebounds. A lot of second chances. Grapeland did not like to block out then. This team does all the simple things right, as in blocking out and playing good defense. Tenaha probably was the most athletic team in 2a and probably the fastest. But Grapeland plays at speed that know 2a team plays at scoring in transition, and very fast. Every kid can score from anywhere. One thing I like about Grapelnad is they pass the ball so good and so fast. You score they score in, in two passes. You can't walk are take a play off. I seen in shape kids throwing up and having to come out because of how fast they play during the last three games. They know where each other going to be. Just clicking!

• Like 1

Just got out done on the boards against them last time. There one kid had over 35 rebounds. A lot of second chances. Grapeland did not like to block out then.

Wasn't Grapeland didn't like to block out, Muenster had an obscene size advantage. Only one starter under 6'4 or something like that. Plus an aweful night shooting from everyone.

Should be a different game, plus the Sandies are playing as a TEAM.

Grapeland has #1 Muenster. Same team that ran Grapeland out of the gym last time the Sandies were there. Should be a good one

Munster was the better team against Cville and Cville is a very good team. I think Munster is hungry and will be tough to beat. They were bigger than the Tigers Across the board even though Cville had a 6'8" guy and a 6'6" guy starting plus many 6' plus guys. They are strong, play mature ball, and are well coached. They can adapt to what ever tempo dictated by the opponent. Any team can be beat but it won't be an easy outing against these guys

Munster was the better team against Cville and Cville is a very good team. I think Munster is hungry and will be tough to beat. They were bigger than the Tigers Across the board even though Cville had a 6'8" guy and a 6'6" guy starting plus many 6' plus guys. They are strong, play mature ball, and are well coached. They can adapt to what ever tempo dictated by the opponent. Any team can be beat but it won't be an easy outing against these guys

Muenster is definitely the favorite here, but anything can happen. I'm rooting for Grapeland to get the win here. The way the team came together at the Regional tournament could be exactly what they needed to finish this season with a win.

Muenster is definitely the favorite here, but anything can happen. I'm rooting for Grapeland to get the win here. The way the team came together at the Regional tournament could be exactly what they needed to finish this season with a win.

I respect your choice but being from Clarksville who have several state titles I want to root for Munster the region 2 product. I think Grapland has won the title before but not sure Munster has. It is hard to believe a team has not finished the dance. Against my Tigers Munster was clearly the better team and I think my Tigers would have competed in the state tournament well. They beat us by 10 but we only made 6 of 20 free throw attempts. Good luck and I am a firm believer in the best team winning

I respect your choice but being from Clarksville who have several state titles I want to root for Munster the region 2 product. I think Grapland has won the title before but not sure Munster has. It is hard to believe a team has not finished the dance. Against my Tigers Munster was clearly the better team and I think my Tigers would have competed in the state tournament well. They beat us by 10 but we only made 6 of 20 free throw attempts. Good luck and I am a firm believer in the best team winning

Munster wins it 56-52 in Overtime. Guy said it was the best game of the tournament to that point. Shortly after, Silsbee vs Argyle was another nailbiter. Silsbee came away with a 46-45 victory. A lot closer than Silsbee fans expected. Tigers were cold in the first half.

Those were both very competitive athletic contests.

That's what everyone said. Good games to watch if you're not pulling for either teams. If one of yours is in a game like that, you'll be wore out when it's over.