Gilmer girls roll over Tatum girls !

not2old2lovethegame

Here while back I was in a debate with Tatum girls basketball fan/moderator that Tatum girls wouldn't go past 2 rounds in the playoffs......... well guess I was right. Go Lady Buckeye's !

you are right Tatum got beat tonight. But tonight was the 3rd round not the first or second, Tatum hurt themselves a lot tonight and just didn't hit the shots we normally make. So cudos to you for being in hibernation and coming out when Tatum loses its first game of the season you sure do make the Gilmer faithful proud you idiot!

Wow, I got banned for a week last year for NAME calling. I guess when the moderator is from Tatum like you TatumTrain 9 its OK. I am offended and I am due an apology ! I have a right to post much as anyone. With all the great players that has come the Tatum girl's basketball program, and I mean there has been a plethora of great players as far back as Shandra Shaw, why hasn't Tatum went to State or even Regionals ? Because you have to be able to adjust and play more than Run and Gun offence and mam defense. And this is MY opinion only, not trying to berate. I don't think the Buckeyes will go much further either. My opinion. I applaud Tatum girls for having a great season.

Not 2 old is that 30 point win by the Tatum Eagles over Gilmer enough to get your panties in a wad?

I know you don't like teams winning by big margins especially Tatum.& Coach Carr was the coach made it even worse for you.

Should they have held back a just little bit?

Tatum boys are good this year, Congrats to them. Coach Carr has to much class to run it up on anybody. But the girls are in the playoff's for years and have not been to Regionals. It upsets me since for years the Longview News paper get stats from Tatum after a game, that will say the team would have 27 assist's but yet only scored 45 points. Don't pad your stats, adjust to the game, make changes. Most of all use the player's STRENGTH to benefit the team !

Tatum boys are good this year, Congrats to them. Coach Carr has to much class to run it up on anybody. But the girls are in the playoff's for years and have not been to Regionals. It upsets me since for years the Longview News paper get stats from Tatum after a game, that will say the team would have 27 assist's but yet only scored 45 points. Don't pad your stats, adjust to the game, make changes. Most of all use the player's STRENGTH to benefit the team !

Girls were regional finalist last season..

Wow, I got banned for a week last year for NAME calling. I guess when the moderator is from Tatum like you TatumTrain 9 its OK. I am offended and I am due an apology ! I have a right to post much as anyone. With all the great players that has come the Tatum girl's basketball program, and I mean there has been a plethora of great players as far back as Shandra Shaw, why hasn't Tatum went to State or even Regionals ? Because you have to be able to adjust and play more than Run and Gun offence and mam defense. And this is MY opinion only, not trying to berate. I don't think the Buckeyes will go much further either. My opinion. I applaud Tatum girls for having a great season.

We don't have a mod from Taterville....

My point is why do Tatum fans get to call people names and nothing is said ? This is a chat board, we all may have different opinions, but we all should be civil about it . Why don't a moderator step in support Smoaky rules ? Do the rules not apply to Tatum fans ?

lq18n.jpg

My point is why do Tatum fans get to call people names and nothing is said ? This is a chat board, we all may have different opinions, but we all should be civil about it . Why don't a moderator step in support Smoaky rules ? Do the rules not apply to Tatum fans ?

Why don't folks know what they're talking about when they make sad attempt to troll?

• Like 1

I have a hard time suspending someone or removing a post with the word "idiot" in it when it accurately reflects what you said....

And we do have a "report" feature on this site if you feel you have been wronged... hoping one of us stumbles upon you trolling Tatum and takes your side is a long shot

• Like 1

Told y'all Tatum didn't play anyone all season their record was watered down and didn't know what to do when their press couldn't create turnovers or faced a team that could match their star player point for point

I kinda thought the same thing, but even though Tatum played a bit softer schedule than Gilmer, the Eagles did beat MP Chapel Hill, who did beat Gilmer by one point. My point being, I felt Tatum's record was a bit deceptive, even though Tatum had a great team. Bri Mitchell is still the best player, but she was just outplayed by a better team. If you let Destiny Brooks shoot open looks, you will pay, I've said it all season. Gilmer's height advantage was also a factor, as Gilmer came to play. Kudos to Tatum though, heck of a season, and they will be back next year!

don't know wy some are making such a big deal of a 25 point win

when just an hour and a half later they get

beat by 30 points.

That guy isn't from Gilmer, so im not even sure what this means. Nobody from Gilmer is making a big deal out of a 20 pt win. I figured Gilmer girls would win, and I'm certainly surprised by the margin, but Tatum had a great team, undefeated and ranked #5 in the state, so maybe it was a pretty big deal? In your reference to the boys game that followed, we are talking about two different games. Gilmer doesn't usually make it out of the first round, so no big surprise they lost, even to the 4th seed. They played 14 games all season, so kinda hard to gel into a real competitive basketball team with so few games, which kinda tells you about our district since it almost got swept. I actually figured SH would have fared better against Carthage than anyone any other teams against their opponents.