Gilmer girls roll over Tatum girls !

not2old2lovethegame

Told y'all Tatum didn't play anyone all season their record was watered down and didn't know what to do when their press couldn't create turnovers or faced a team that could match their star player point for point

First of all I'm going to start off saying that I didn't have a dog in the fight but I am going to say that kid from Tatum is on another level. There is no comparison!! True they lost but to compare her and the kid from Gilmer there's no comparison. Tatum does have some work to do in their program just as I have some work to do in my own program. But for you to get on here and try to bash and put down is so not cool it's almost like you are happy that they lost...smh. I have been watching her for 2 years and when I say has a very HIGH IQ man it's unreal. Also I see that you are always talking about how Argyle has players that are playing at the next level do you think that they are the only ones that has players that are going to play at the next level? From what I'm told this kid has several D1 offers and you wouldn't know by how humble she is. I would die to have a solid player as this kid and would build around her because she can flat out go.

• Like 1

I would like to make an opinionated comment. No offence intended but there are NO D1 (big school) girl players in East Texas. Maybe small D2. Tatum had a tall girl few years back went to SFA, stayed few months and came home. D1, D2 & NAIA require extreme work ethic, drive, passion, determination and MOST of all SKILL's ! Left/Right hand, able to create a shot, slip screen, multiple offence and defense, drive to hole, shooter and good attitude. I don't see these qualities in Mitchell or Brooks. They can play ball the next level but not Big 12, SEC, PAC 12, ACC etc. Now Argyll, they have 3 D1 players. Most small girls want to start in college not sit for a few years. You can be big fish in little pond and play or little fish in big pond and sit !

I would like to make an opinionated comment. No offence intended but there are NO D1 (big school) girl players in East Texas. Maybe small D2. Tatum had a tall girl few years back went to SFA, stayed few months and came home. D1, D2 & NAIA require extreme work ethic, drive, passion, determination and MOST of all SKILL's ! Left/Right hand, able to create a shot, slip screen, multiple offence and defense, drive to hole, shooter and good attitude. I don't see these qualities in Mitchell or Brooks. They can play ball the next level but not Big 12, SEC, PAC 12, ACC etc. Now Argyll, they have 3 D1 players. Most small girls want to start in college not sit for a few years. You can be big fish in little pond and play or little fish in big pond and sit !

Say buddy I will have to say that you are dead WRONG!!! After I finish with this comment I'm going to stay off from talking about this kid. Tatum's kid has a right and left hand, can create her own offense, oh my drive to the hole, see the floor, find the open person and can SHOOT and I'm not talking about just being wide open I'm talking about contested shots. You also talking about big and small D1 Big 12, SEC, PAC 12, ACC it doesn't matter where it comes from but you would be surprised to know which ones that has offered this kid per administrator!!! You know this kid play ball year around right?? and I'm not talking about the little leagues around here. Skills...man...let me stop. This kid is on the circuit per administrator also. So get your opinionated facts straight first. Like I said N2O my last comment because I was informed that momma Bear ain't no joke when it comes to speaking on her kid whether it's good or bad they keep a low profile and I as a Head can understand that. Now keep talking if you want to but let it be known that you were informed. I wish I personally knew her family because i would love for you to tell them all of the above so they could laugh in your face!!! Now you go get you some kids and get them ready for the next level buddy!!!

There are 349 D1 schools in the nation. They each have roughly 13 scholarships for each of them. meaning there are 4537 scholarships available for women basketball players. And you do not think any East Texas girls worthy of them?

When you say big schools, you are talking the elite of the elite meaning about 20 schools and 200 spots... you can name almost any remote region and make that a true statement. So I think you are skewing the data to try and make a point. I know there are plenty of D1 talent in ETX, the right people just haven't found them yet.

There are 349 D1 schools in the nation. They each have roughly 13 scholarships for each of them. meaning there are 4537 scholarships available for women basketball players. And you do not think any East Texas girls worthy of them?

When you say big schools, you are talking the elite of the elite meaning about 20 schools and 200 spots... you can name almost any remote region and make that a true statement. So I think you are skewing the data to try and make a point. I know there are plenty of D1 talent in ETX, the right people just haven't found them yet.

Thanks MavGrad99!!!

Say buddy I will have to say that you are dead WRONG!!! After I finish with this comment I'm going to stay off from talking about this kid. Tatum's kid has a right and left hand, can create her own offense, oh my drive to the hole, see the floor, find the open person and can SHOOT and I'm not talking about just being wide open I'm talking about contested shots. You also talking about big and small D1 Big 12, SEC, PAC 12, ACC it doesn't matter where it comes from but you would be surprised to know which ones that has offered this kid per administrator!!! You know this kid play ball year around and I'm not talking about the little leagues around here. Skills man let me stop. This kid is on the circuit per administrator also. So get your opinionated facts straight first. Like I said N2O my last comment because I was informed that momma Bear ain't no joke when it comes to speaking on her kid whether it's good or bad they keep a low profile and I as a Head can understand that. Now keep talking if you want to but let it be known that you were informed. I wish I personally knew her family because i would love for you to tell them all of the above so they could laugh in your face!!! Now you go get you some kids and get them ready for the next level buddy!!!

Man get out of ur feeling ain't nobody talking down on her she is a good player and just because she plays AAU doesn't mean anything her and brooks played on the same team out of Dallas and I hope she does get a scholarship for her hard work she has put in but I can tell you this she ain't even close to the guard that Ferris had last yr and she played a lot of aau but only got a scholarship to Kilgore where she is putting up some big numbers i said all of that just to say it takes more than being able to dribble left and right handed sometimes attitude plays a part
  • Like 1

Man get out of ur feeling ain't nobody talking down on her she is a good player and just because she plays AAU doesn't mean anything her and brooks played on the same team out of Dallas and I hope she does get a scholarship for her hard work she has put in but I can tell you this she ain't even close to the guard that Ferris had last yr and she played a lot of aau but only got a scholarship to Kilgore where she is putting up some big numbers i said all of that just to say it takes more than being able to dribble left and right handed sometimes attitude plays a part

Get out of my feelings? I didn't know that I was in my feelings about a kid that doesn't belong to me but I do give credit where credit is due..,and you are dead wrong didn't play on the same team Man!!! Yes AAU plays a big role in some kids getting exposure MAN!!! Attitude this kid has a Great attitude and anyone can tell you that!! You guys got it bad trying to compare people kids!!! I'm not the one calling out schools kids go to or can attend because like I said neither belongs to me but before someone starts spitting out so call facts you better do your research..#HereYallGoAgainComparingSomeoneElse'sKid

Get out of my feelings? I didn't know that I was in my feelings about a kid that doesn't belong to me but I do give credit where credit is due..,and you are dead wrong didn't play on the same team Man!!! Yes AAU plays a big role in some kids getting exposure MAN!!! Attitude this kid has a Great attitude and anyone can tell you that!! You guys got it bad trying to compare people kids!!! I'm not the one calling out schools kids go to or can attend because like I said neither belongs to me but before someone starts spitting out so call facts you better do your research..#HereYallGoAgainComparingSomeoneElse'sKid

And here you go again thinking ur Someone's daddy it's called having a opinion so if u don't like it then hey I don't know what to tell you but like I said I'm not saying she not talented I just know how hard it is on that next level
  • Like 1

And here you go again thinking ur Someone's daddy it's called having a opinion so if u don't like it then hey I don't know what to tell you but like I said I'm not saying she not talented I just know how hard it is on that next level

Say look here Man you have a serious problem!!! You need to fall back.. Now tell me how hard is it? Now I have been there, and have been on the other level as well on the male side.. Who are you to say whether or not someone kid or kids are not good enough to play D1 big or small, D2, Junior, etc? Tell us your career story and how good you were and where you have been or better yet let's judge your kid or kids. Oh I forgot that this is just your opinion.

Say look here Man you have a serious problem!!! You need to fall back.. Now tell me how hard is it? Now I have been there, and has been on the other level as well on the male side.. Who are you to say whether or not someone kid or kids are not good enough to play D1 big or small, D2, Junior, etc? Tell us your career story and how good you were and where you have been or better yet let's judge your kid or kids. Oh I forgot that this is just your opinion.

It's one thing that you do not know and neither do I is this kid work ethics.. BUT I will find out and let you know since there is so much smoke here about who is good or good enough to go big, small NAIA, Junior etc..So for you to say that you knew of another kid that balled out when they played aau and all that kid got was an scholarship to Kilgore its an FREE EDUCATION to continue play the sport that you love, that's not to say that every kid that plays AAU or whatever league that they choose to play is going to get.. You dont know what is being looked for when recruiters are on a mission. Maybe that was a good fit for that particular kid. Grades also plays a part as well.. Oh let me guess you probably know about these kids grades also?? The process might be a challenge but it's not necessarily hard it's about what's on the inside of each individual and how well that they apply themselves on and off the court or field. You nor I can predict anyone's destiny but I will say that WE find talent and there's plenty in ETX!!! I'm glad that decisions are not based on what is said here because you would have destroyed alot of individuals.

And here you go thinking that you know everything. You have a history of getting on here talking trash about any and every person, whether it's basketball or football oh and when that season is in you dang near looses your mind stating your opinions and it's very entertaining because you swear that you have more knowledge than anyone else on this site..lol so I'm going to let you have your moment because you deserve it. Maybe they need to start calling you and ask you who to recruit because clearly you know...lol. Btw I know who my children are so no I'm not trying or thinking that I'm someone's dad. You are hilarious 😂😂

To the sportsguru your not much of a guru Destiny and Bri have not ever played on the same team they don't even play for the same organization in Dallas so everything you have said is now been discredited. Please and I say please get your info right before running your head.

First of all I'm going to start off saying that I didn't have a dog in the fight but I am going to say that kid from Tatum is on another level. There is no comparison!! True they lost but to compare her and the kid from Gilmer there's no comparison. Tatum does have some work to do in their program just as I have some work to do in my own program. But for you to get on here and try to bash and put down is so not cool it's almost like you are happy that they lost...smh. I have been watching her for 2 years and when I say has a very HIGH IQ man it's unreal. Also I see that you are always talking about how Argyle has players that are playing at the next level do you think that they are the only ones that has players that are going to play at the next level? From what I'm told this kid has several D1 offers and you wouldn't know by how humble she is. I would die to have a solid player as this kid and would build around her because she can flat out go.

I agree with on this. Like I said before the game, Bri Mitchell will be the best player on the court. Destiny Brooks from Gilmer is the best shooter in ET. Gilmer won because their inside game in the second half. They had a height advantage which opened up Brooks outside which enabled Gilmer to pull away. Both Mitchell and Brooks are legit D1 talent.

• Like 1

My point is most small school kids don't like to go to college and sit. The post player from Tatum few years back. My asst said her name was Starling. She came home, said lack of floor time at SFA. Mavgrad your stats are some what accurate, the one you omitted is ONLY 3 OUT OF EVERY HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER GOES D1. And another thing NOT EVERY SCHOOL has 12 Seniors. And not every Senior wants to play b/ball in college. Three out of every seven that goes to any D level more than 300 miles from home comes back after 1 year. Ask the old Panola JC coach. If Mitchell is as good as some on here thinks, HAS GINO at U CONN, TARA at STANFORD, N DAME, TENN, CALED ? I doubt it. Just saying !

My point is most small school kids don't like to go to college and sit. The post player from Tatum few years back. My asst said her name was Starling. She came home, said lack of floor time at SFA. Mavgrad your stats are some what accurate, the one you omitted is ONLY 3 OUT OF EVERY HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER GOES D1. And another thing NOT EVERY SCHOOL has 12 Seniors. And not every Senior wants to play b/ball in college. Three out of every seven that goes to any D level more than 300 miles from home comes back after 1 year. Ask the old Panola JC coach. If Mitchell is as good as some on here thinks, HAS GINO at U CONN, TARA at STANFORD, N DAME, TENN, CALED ? I doubt it. Just saying !

What business is it of yours?? How do you that they have not?? Do you know what schools has called her? I'm waiting... How many of your kids has any of the above called??? You are so worried about everybody's business but your on..now what you need to do is have your asst to google that Mr. Genius/ I know everything. It's so sad that you sit on here trying to judge and stating your opinionated facts. I truly hopes neither of those kids get on here because you are so negative and bitter by any kid that didn't come from your area or whatever organization that you are affiliated with gets to the next level. It doesn't matter Wood where it come from like I stated earlier just as long as that kid or kids gets a FREE EDUCATION doing what they love. Once again the SFA girl and these girls are totally different people so who's to say that they will do the same thing? Why are you so honed in on this PARTICULAR KID??? Is there something that you want to tell everyone?? So again MW if you have something that you want to discuss with this kid parents put your number out there for them to call you since you have a lot to say about her. We still are waiting on you to talk about the TOP D1 kids that you have produced!! What are you saying?? Umm nothing..

N2o Mitchell recieved her first d-1 offer in the spring of her freshman year and holds several others as of now. She started on her EYBL team that played in front of every major D-1 university coach in the nation this summer at Nike Nationals in Augusta Ga. just giving you and your assistant some facts.

Baller21, is that for basketball or crying ? It's obvious you don't comprehend very well. I never JUDGED OR SAID THAT THE TATUM GIRL was a bad player, I said in my opinion that I didn't believe she was big D1. The last big D1 player who started as a frosh and played & started 4 years was the Spears girl from Bullard. I have seen both girls play, Mitchell and Brooks for 3years. I heard Brooks is go to a Christian School. I gave basketball my life for over 30 plus years, I know a little about the game. BRI has a bright future beyond a shadow of doubt. Can she play small D1, D2, NAIA, not ride the pine, some think so.

Baller21, is that for basketball or crying ? It's obvious you don't comprehend very well. I never JUDGED OR SAID THAT THE TATUM GIRL was a bad player, I said in my opinion that I didn't believe she was big D1. The last big D1 player who started as a frosh and played & started 4 years was the Spears girl from Bullard. I have seen both girls play, Mitchell and Brooks for 3years. I heard Brooks is go to a Christian School. I gave basketball my life for over 30 plus years, I know a little about the game. BRI has a bright future beyond a shadow of doubt. Can she play small D1, D2, NAIA, not ride the pine, some s books !

Oh I comprehend really well and crying for what? About someone else's kid/student heck I think that you are hilarious also😂😂. But it doesn't matter if she is Big D1 or not, I said do you know who has offered her? You put this kid first name out there like you know her or something? And because you gave basketball 30+ plus years means that you were in those Big D1 schools coaching or you hung out with the big dogs... umm I'll wait on it!!! Look here big fella I'm not going to keep discussing someone else's kid because it's not fair to her nor her family put your number out there for them to call you so you can School them on how the process work Mr. 30+ years of....Let me start on making my plans for the next season... Also if I need any help on plays or defenses or which schools are better for my players or how to build a team I can call you right??

So much anger coming from a defensive self centered coach who figured out he is wrote g so now he is over defending a comment so he will look good, speculation or fact ? Or an opinion ? I never said I was an expert at anything, merely making a comment which does not mean expert. Your comment of identifying my stature is quite astonishing. Please remember this is read by College coach's, if you're going to keep berating me and others, as Joe Kinder would say....... my my my ! My comments and opinions only.

• Like 1

So much anger coming from a defensive self centered coach who figured out he is wrote g so now he is over defending a comment so he will look good, speculation or fact ? Or an opinion ? I never said I was an expert at anything, merely making a comment which does not mean expert. Your comment of identifying my stature is quite astonishing. Please remember this is read by College coach's, if you're going to keep berating me and others, as Joe Kinder would say....... my my my ! My comments and opinions only.

Dude you don't even believe what you just said but I do applaud you for being entertaining 😎😂😂

Pipe down Donny

• Like 1