NCAA on Ole Miss

Sportsfanatic1

SEC factor or not, you don't start pulling in top 5, top 10 classes as a middle of the pack school over night. Wanting to play with your brother usually doesn't pull the #1 player in the country to your school. Tunsil admitted what we all knew. Freeze and Ole Miss is dirty.

Ole Miss is in trouble for sure. I really thought all it would be was some minor things but looks like it will go much further. Still lot of these things are trumped up overblown propaganda that unfortunately will have lasting consequences. Let a team beat Alabama for two years and see what happens...lol! The NCAA camped out and investigated Ole Miss for 5 years which is unprecedented. Total so called payments and benefits that Ole Miss has admitted to add up to $14,400 over 5 years and even some of those are contestable since almost half of that amount was to families of players that were already on the team and were not inducements to come sign with the school. Additionally, only about $2,500 was even associated with anyone employed by the school. The remaining dollars, approximately $16,000, is alleged from a player that went to Mississippi State and their is no proof that Ole Miss actually offered him any money. However, there is proof through a recording that the player tired to gt money from Ole Miss by telling them that Mississippi State had offered him $15,000 to play for them. If all Larry Tunsil got was $800 over 3 or 4 years (NCAA agreed), I doubt that this 3 star player was offer $16 Grand!

The three players that got help on their ACT test so they could enroll is more serious in my opinion, hardly on the scale of North Carolina? However, this is cheating. Also, this happened in 2010.

Since Ole Miss is a poor Southern School, they will suffer terribly from this. I would like to see them camp out at some other high profile school for 5 years and see what they find.

The Freeze has thawed and thus will melt away never to be heard from again. Mostly undone by things that happened both before and after he was thee but like a lot of instances undone but over aggressive coaches and booster. If you look at each of the charges t he money was so tiny of an amount it was crazy. $33 to one person so they would not have to sleep outside on the ground, Letting a player hut of their land...really??? Putting a player's family up when they came to see a the kid play which is allowed but the family was the ones who raised him and was not the kid's biological father?

The NCAA has always game after Ole Miss whenever they have had a good season. Did you ever see the movie the Blind Side. hey went after Ole miss because Michael Oher signed to play for Ole Miss and turned out to be an all American!

Not surprising, like I said in the offseason thread: Once Treadwell flashed all that money on signing day I said Ole Miss was dirty.

Funny, there has been no allegation by the NCAA or any governing body about any irregularities involving Treadwell. There were jealous grumbling from some hater fans and schools who wanted him but nothing more! No money trail or any special favors!

Funny, there has been no allegation by the NCAA or any governing body about any irregularities involving Treadwell. There were jealous grumbling from some hater fans and schools who wanted him but nothing more! No money trail or any special favors!

Well duh of course there wouldnt be. We know how this works. And at that time who the heck would be jealous of Ole Miss? Now if you said jealous of Alabama then you would be right, id love to have the recent titles and title appearances they have had.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Everybody knew that something was going on there when they started pulling in those highly-rated recruits all of a sudden.

Unfortunately for Ole Miss they tried to mess up the status quo of the SEC pecking order, so they had to be dealt with.

• Like 1

Everybody knew that something was going on there when they started pulling in those highly-rated recruits all of a sudden.

Unfortunately for Ole Miss they tried to mess up the status quo of the SEC pecking order, so they had to be dealt with.

:) I cant stop laughing! You right!

Les Miles somewhere smiling right now I bet.

Anybody remember the crazy man from a couple years ago? Went on Craigslist or Facebook or something. Said he was a former NCAA investigator who had dirt on Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss buying prostitutes, paying players. He just wanted some SEC school to pay him for his info?

Wonder what ever happened to that guy? Did somebody pay him? Lol

• Like 1

Anybody remember the crazy man from a couple years ago? Went on Craigslist or Facebook or something. Said he was a former NCAA investigator who had dirt on Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss buying prostitutes, paying players. He just wanted some SEC school to pay him for his info?

Wonder what ever happened to that guy? Did somebody pay him? Lol

Saban probably got tired of losing to them lol.

• Like 2