🌿 "DOPEHEADS!"

parentofredheads

Good find dave. Does not sound as though Johnson has flip-flopped in recent years unlike someone else we know. I only watched Colbert but will click on the others later. I do wish Colbert would shut up. It is so rude to ask a guest a question then constantly interrupt when the guest is trying to answer. I realize Colbert is entertainment and funny, give me break. Not as bad as Mark Levin when he is speaking to callers or the creep liberal in disguise Bill O'Reilly on FAUX. Some people want to make a big issue out of marijuana all the while condoning one of the most powerful lobbies in the country , that of the brewers and distillers. What kind of message are we sending to youth when we take them to a Ranger baseball game and everywhere one looks is some kind of alcohol advertisement? One sees a foxy looking chick in a two piece on the big screen with straw hat on standing around a swimming pool full of people holding a Bud Light "socializing" having a good time. Then the caption "Drink responsibly". What that really means is drink more because the alcohol industry depends on ones drinking in order to make massive profits. Hey, you know , "Life is good" especially with a beer in ones hand. And then the kids are sitting among those with beer in hand that have become half drunk and arrogant yelling at the umpires and making #### of themselves. Good stuff for the kids to witness. Train them right. Thanks for the link.

I figured you'd already read this. I did when I saw the thread regarding Gov. Johnson being a stoner. I wanted to check his history.

But hey, if they want the majority of their citizens high as a kite,

Nobody who doesn't already smoke is going to start just because its legal.....i seriously doubt that the majority of their citizens are going to be high as a kite despite your hyperbole.....

That is some kind of creep along the lines of bleeds, dave. Ignore his worthless ars. God forgive me.

I knew it was JRowe, but I've been friendly to him in the past because I don't judge a book by it's cover or what people say. Who knows how the guy really is, but I can tell that he evidently has issues much like the other person that you mentioned in your statement.

I visited his website a few times and watched the Oct. 23 debate. But no I had not accessed the link you posted.

How about the 70 billion spent on a failed program? That's five times the outlay for the food stamp program.

Unfortunately we don't elect people to eliminate Government waste, and they keep handing it out. That's exactly why we're in the mess we're in. The sad thing is, once someone even with good intentions is elected to D.C., they lose their moral compass, and become corrupt.

Oh brother! Peyton should have guilt written all over his face the fact the country will become a bunch of fat #### overindulging themselves with pizza because we all know the urge to overeat is uncontrollable if one has consumed marijuana. Urban myth.

I'm curious how much pizza is consumed after one has been out on the town consuming alcohol. Urban hypocrisy.

You probably #### to be around...It was obviously a joke man.

Backing up a few notches dave have you not contradicted yourself somewhat with the use of your label in reference to Gary Johnson in regards to the comment about the "book"? Just asking for clarification realizing you indicated you "wanted to check his history".

I have heard mention of your friend numerous times but to be honest I have no clue who the hell he/she is. I find it a bit creepy when posting here during off hours of the night/morning someone with a bizarre screen name posts for only the first time or perhaps has made two or three posts somewhere else and presents a rather bizarre statement. Kind of funny your friend had thought in mind in reference to TV and you responded, lol. But I'm certainly not insinuating I label you as such. I only wanted to get this out in the open after reviewing some of the posts here realizing what a group of hypocrites we all are. No problem.

I take people for what they say. JRowe has used some very creative screen names in the past, and I understood his jest. I didn't join SDC until 2006, and I listen to people's rants and raves on here, and people do change a little over the years. If I met JRowe somewhere, I'm not sure if I could get along with him or if I'd ignore him on a personal level. I know in the past that some of his observations weren't all that "out there". I've heard the stories about him that he may or may not have spent time in prison, or that he was incarcerated somewhere. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. I can't say he's my friend, enemy, or whatever you call them on a posting board.

I don't know but a few in the last twenty years that have not abused the taxpayer's credit card. Yeah, the pork barrel spending does not go over well yet pales in comparison to condoned robbery every time a "too big to fail" has gambled and otherwise acted irresponsibly or otherwise become horribly mismanaged. When you have the Federal Reserve , well what we have is exactly what the plan was to begin with once upon a time on Jekyll Island 1910. With the pork barrel spending at least we get some "stuff" that is beneficial like fishing piers along the coast. :) In the other scenario we are often left with nothing to show holding the bag all the while knowing a select few suffer no consequences for their arrogance toward those that end up suffering the most. That's life I suppose. Evidently its out of our control. We will not win with politics.

Speaking of corporations acting irresponsibly and getting bailed out and misuse of taxpayer monies... was typing a, shall I say, "Solyndra"-type bankruptcy the other day, and the U.S. Trustee was throwing a wall-eyed fit about the executives in the company getting their bonuses, while creditors do not get their money back. Now, here's something interesting, guess who's part of those creditors? The U.S. Department of Energy/taxpayers, and guess what, the creditor's committee said they were okay with executives getting their bonuses.

My first thought was, well now wait a minute - I DID NOT vote for that!

Young men who use marijuana have a higher risk of testicular cancer, a new study found.

The study of 455 Californian men found those who had smoked pot were twice as likely to have been diagnosed with testicular germ cell tumors, the most common form of testicular cancer in men younger than 35.

"Testicular cancer is on the rise," said study author Victoria Cortessis, assistant professor of preventive medicine at the University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine in Los Angeles. "So we asked, 'What is it that young men are doing more frequently that could account for the increased risk?'"

Cortessis and colleagues used interviews to probe recreational drug use among 163 men diagnosed with testicular cancer and 292 healthy men of the same age, and found those who smoked marijuana had double the risk of testicular tumors compared with men who passed on grass. On top of that, their tumors tended to be faster-growing and tougher to treat. "Most men who get testicular cancer today survive, and that's wonderful. But as a result of treatment, they may have problems with fertility or sexual function," said Cortessis. "So we're talking about the risk of developing the cancer in the first place as well as the subsequent effects of the cancer and its treatment."

They should be good on the pain though.<BR clear=all>

http://wiki.answers....sticular_cancer

"Updated: They found what they call a correlation between the two. This is the same as saying 400 of the men with cancer drank tea regularly. The answer to this question is no. Smoking Marijuana does not cause testicular cancer, however a lot of the people who have it smoke weed. On top of that, a lot of people in general smoke weed."

It would also be like saying 400 of the men ride bicycles. Or 400 of the men dip snuff. I guarantee you snuff will put some cancer on you and for damned sure cause one to lose teeth.

How about we concentrate on things like alcohol intoxication leading to promiscuous sex which increases the chance of contracting aides. Not all men wear rubbers and some people act like dogs with their lust. I'm more concerned for the health of the populous when it comes to aides than men becoming ill with testicular cancer. Why did your source not study the correlation for men that don't smoke weed but ingest it in other ways?

What you need to do is hook up with Pecos and tap into that Emerging Technologies Fund for a couple million directed at a start up for ball research then go bankrupt. Taxpayers don't mind.

Primary to the subject of marijuana is the fact this country has incarcerated many people for doing something they really should not be doing just because some jack booted psychos don't like it. Why don't we incarcerate people for everything we personally don't like. I have a long list I don't like that people do.

Now, who would have ever thought The Eye of Newt would make a statement recreational use of marijuana should be legal. I always thought he was another jack booted control freak. His comment is listed among the many in the link below:

http://marijuanamajority.com/?id=243

It's another social issue my friend that is not being resolved by locking people up. That is the bottom line.

It's funny how that comes out once a couple of states allow smoking weed. I wouldn't lock anyone up for that stuff, waste of good prison space.

^ Didn't watch the video. Did it mention being expelled from high school for fighting, then arrested for intent to distribute in Georgia? Then another arrest, later dropped, for distributing LSD? How about an uncharacterized discharge from the Marine Corp?

^ Did the video say anything about Williams readily agreeing at trial that he had formed a partnership with Thomas Daubert, Chris Lindsey and Richard Flor in the spring of 2009 and that the trio also testified that had they known about Flor’s previous criminal activities, including selling guns and marijuana to undercover agents, they never would have associated with him?

Nobody who doesn't already smoke is going to start just because its legal.....i seriously doubt that the majority of their citizens are going to be high as a kite despite your hyperbole.....

I wouldn't count on that. There are plenty of younter people who will "experiment" if it's legal.

Yes , with lots of things both "legal" and "illegal". It is all about hypocrisy DLine. What could possibly be any better about being intoxicated ( socially ) from alcohol than being buzzed ( socially ) from marijuana use. It absolutely floors me alcoholism is an accepted "norm". I don't give a damn if people drink. I'm just sick of the hypocrisy and tax dollars being spent on "job security" by cracking people over the head that CHOOSE by their own free will to take a toke. WTH?! I don't understand why people don't get on with their preaching to the choir about prescription drugs. They would rather rant about the misconceptions of marijuana, that it leads to all drug abuse and is the devil jumping out of the hemp fields. Can we be so ignorant? I think now the prescription drugs are at the top of the charts just under alcohol abuse, the drug of accepted "norms". Big Pharma is making a killing and literally killing. I overhead a young man that attends UNT in Denton laughing about the 35,000 there that are partying with drugs. And he is not talking about "pot heads". While prescription drugs are given "legally" the fact they are distributed "illegally" is quite apparent. Some people don't even take those prescriptions they are given. Some sell them to help fund their college educations. How does anyone stop that?

Send the kids off to college and I guarantee the over protection given while in the nest is sometimes meaningless.

+10000000

Again, I respect what those of you say about pot, but is obvious many/most of you commenting on the plant know absolutely nothing about the plant and are only following what you have been feed over the years by our "government." Anyone who truly knows about pot and alcohol KNOWS that of all the illegal things in our country, pot is the least problematic. Those of you talking about being "stoned" and act like it is something even near or worse than being drunk, have no clue. I mean no disprespect, but you just don't know. You are following another lie by those in control. As stated above, all one has to do is consider who and why does not want a PLANT legalized to know the true truth.

Also, if most of you on here talking about "stoners" actually knew all the people who use the plant and probably use it while around you and you never have a clue, it would change your whole idea about the plant. Promise you, it has been used since man has been on this planet and most of the people who use it, you never even have a clue.

Again, I respect what those of you say about pot, but is obvious many/most of you commenting on the plant know absolutely nothing about the plant and are only following what you have been feed over the years by our "government." Anyone who truly knows about pot and alcohol KNOWS that of all the illegal things in our country, pot is the least problematic. Those of you talking about being "stoned" and act like it is something even near or worse than being drunk, have no clue. I mean no disprespect, but you just don't know. You are following another lie by those in control. As stated above, all one has to do is consider who and why does not want a PLANT legalized to know the true truth.

Also, if most of you on here talking about "stoners" actually knew all the people who use the plant and probably use it while around you and you never have a clue, it would change your whole idea about the plant. Promise you, it has been used since man has been on this planet and most of the people who use it, you never even have a clue.

+ 100000000000000000000000000000002

Are you high right now?

I think Smoaky should add a "Pot Head" forum for some of you guys. :P

I'm beginning to think so too... WOW! Do all people think that ALL parents have booze around the house and are boozing it up on weekend parties with neighbors, friends, and that ALL parents smoked marijuana more than once or twice?

If kids are around it, whether at home, school, or at their friends' houses, they like any other animal adapt to think it's okay.

And if anyone is niave enough to believe that if marijuana is legalized, that more young kids, and adults for that matter, won't try it and continue its use, they're living in a zombie world. Maybe it's only those who haven't used it think that way. Seems to be anyway.

• Mr. P changed the title to DOPEHEADS