🌿 "DOPEHEADS!"

parentofredheads

So there is no underage smoking. Or no underage drinking.

All you will do is make it readily avalible to minors.

underage drinking and underage smoking exist DESPITE the fact that they are NOT readily available to minors now.....prohibition does NOT work.....all it does is make criminals out of people who are doing nothing at all but smoking a cigarrette or drinking a beer......

It all comes down to parents....if a kid is raised right, he/she will not do any of this....if a kid is not raised right, he/she will do it.....

If anyone thinks legalizing marajuana will not increase the use by minors they are the ones fooling themselves

If anyone thinks that having it ILLEGAL NOW has in any way decreased the use by minors who are going to use it anyway, then they are so out of touch with reality that they must sit in a cave all day and do nothing.....:P

underage drinking and underage smoking exist DESPITE the fact that they are NOT readily available to minors now.....prohibition does NOT work.....all it does is make criminals out of people who are doing nothing at all but smoking a cigarrette or drinking a beer......

It all comes down to parents....if a kid is raised right, he/she will not do any of this....if a kid is not raised right, he/she will do it.....

There are a lot of kids that were raised right that make the wrong desicion in Highschool. Colmes I don't know if you have kids or what their ages are but if you think you can stop peer pressure or stop your kid from making a bad desicion in their life you are in for a long ride.

And as long as they can stand outside a store and ask people to buy beer and smokes or get a fake I.D. It is readily avalible.

Organized crime....

If you think that keeping it illegal will cut down on its use or cut down on its use by minors YOU are the one who is out of touch with reality.....:P

I knew what you were talking about - I just want you to acknowlege that there are consequences to making it legal. The got rid of prohibition right.

So has spocial and child abuse gone up or down?

Has alcohol addiction gone up or down?

Has involuntary manslaughter gone up or down?

Has divorce gone up or down?

For every action their is a reaction.

There are a lot of kids that were raised right that make the wrong desicion in Highschool. Colmes I don't know if you have kids or what their ages are but if you think you can stop peer pressure or stop your kid from making a bad desicion in their life you are in for a long ride.

And as long as they can stand outside a store and ask people to buy beer and smokes or get a fake I.D. It is readily avalible.

Yes, you keep showing us how prohibition is a failure.

So how exactly is having a law against it and making them criminals doing anything at all to stop it????

I knew what you were talking about - I just want you to acknowlege that there are consequences to making it legal. The got rid of prohibition right.

So has spocial and child abuse gone up or down?

Has alcohol addiction gone up or down?

Has involuntary manslaughter gone up or down?

Has divorce gone up or down?

They got rid of prohibition because it did nothing but increase organized criminal activity and make people criminals who only wanted to drink a beer.....

The questions you ask are misleading just like the ones the anti-gun crowd ask....

Has spousal and child abuse gone up? Do ONLY alcoholics abuse their spouses and children???

Has alcohol addiction gone up or down? I'd guess it's probably the same, just more reporting in this 24/7 news cycle society....

Has involuntary manslaughter gone up or down? Do ONLY alcoholics commit involuntary manslaughter????

Has divorce gone up or down? Do ONLY alcoholics get divorced????

Don't try to use misleading questions to foster your argument, it never works...:P

They got rid of prohibition because it did nothing but increase organized criminal activity and make people criminals who only wanted to drink a beer.....

The questions you ask are misleading just like the ones the anti-gun crowd ask....

Has spousal and child abuse gone up? Do ONLY alcoholics abuse their spouses and children???

Has alcohol addiction gone up or down? I'd guess it's probably the same, just more reporting in this 24/7 news cycle society....

Has involuntary manslaughter gone up or down? Do ONLY alcoholics commit involuntary manslaughter????

Has divorce gone up or down? Do ONLY alcoholics get divorced????

Don't try to use misleading questions to foster your argument, it never works...:P

http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics

One-third to two-thirds of child maltreatment cases involve substance use to some degree. 8<li>Children whose parents abuse alcohol and other drugs are three times more likely to be abused and more than four times more likely to be neglected than children from non-abusing families. 8<li>As many as two-thirds of the people in treatment for drug abuse reported being abused or neglected as children. 10

INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE

1. Two-thirds of victims who suffered violence by an intimate (a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend) reported that alcohol had been a factor.
    2. Bureau of Justice Statistics, US Department of Justice, 2006.
    3. Among spousal abuse victims, 75% of the incidents were reported to have involved an offender who had been drinking.
    4. Bureau of Justice Statistics, US Department of Justice, 2006.
    5. An estimated 31% of stranger victimizations were perceived to be alcohol-related.
    6. Bureau of Justice Statistics, US Department

Alcoholism Statistics

Alcoholism statistics encompasses data pertaining to who is addicted to alcohol, how their alcoholism affects their life and those who are close to them as well as how alcoholism affects society as a whole. In order to fully appreciate alcoholism statistics lets review what the term alcoholism means. Alcoholism is when the body becomes physically dependent on alcohol. It is a chronic long-term problem that many people struggle with for years, or even their entire lives. A person who suffers from alcoholism becomes obsessed with alcohol and feels as though they have no control over how much they drink. Their drinking typically comes before their personal health and it creates problems in their home life. It often causes the alcoholic to have serious issues at work or even to lose their job.

A majority of society is able to drink alcohol responsibly. They will consume alcohol in social situations and continue on with their day to day life with their alcohol use causing damage to themselves or those around them. On the other hand, some people are not able to stop or control their alcohol use. For these individuals, what was once a social experience becomes a way of life. Recent data from the National Institutes of Health reports that 15% of the people living in the United States are considered "problem drinkers." Of this 15%, 5%-10% of the males and 3%-5% of the females could be labeled as alcoholics. Another study found that approximately 30% of people in the U.S. report experiencing an alcohol disorder at one point in their lifetime. Researchers from the University of California in San Diego have found that the lifetime risk of alcohol-use disorders for men is greater than 20%. They share that there is a risk of around 15% for alcohol abuse and 10% risk for alcohol dependence.

Alcoholism statistics from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism show that the age of a person's first alcoholic drink may determine their likely hood in becoming an alcoholic. It has been found that those who had their first alcoholic drink before they were 15 were much more likely to have a problem with alcohol later in life than those who abstained until a later age. Information from the World Health Organization shows that there are an estimated 140 million alcoholics around the world! Recently, a study conducted in Canada on alcoholism statistics showed that 1 in 25 deaths around the world can be attributed to alcohol in one way or another. On a positive note, experts estimate that around 30% of people who have problems with alcohol (not severe alcoholics) are able to reduce their alcohol consumption or abstain completely from alcohol without receiving professional help.

The harmful effects of alcoholism also have an impact on current alcoholism statistics. It is estimated that close to 30% of all males in their teens and twenties have experienced a blackout due to overconsumption of alcohol. Today's stats show that nearly 2 million Americans suffer from alcohol related liver disease. Cirrhosis of the liver affects nearly 20% of all heavy drinkers/alcoholics. Alcoholics are 10 times more likely to develop infections, cancer and problems with platelets and blood clotting.

Alcoholism has a negative effect on society as a whole. Research has shown that alcoholism plays a major role in aggression with as many as 40% of all aggressive incidents involving alcohol in one way or another. 22% of the police's time is spent on cases involving alcohol such as violence on the streets or domestic violence while under the influence. Employers also suffer due to their employees alcohol problems. Approximately 13% of all employee sick days are alcohol related. Data also shows that employees who have problems with alcohol produce at least 10% less work then their co-workers.

An article from the American Journal of Public Health notes that easy access, in this case cheap prices, is a contributing factor in the development of alcohol related problems and deaths due to alcohol. Researchers studying the data from the state of Alaska discovered that there was a strong link between alcohol tax increases in 1983 and 2002 and a substantial drop in alcohol related deaths. The increase in alcohol taxes proved to be 2 to 4 times more effective than other more traditional prevention strategies (i.e. media campaigns about alcoholism and school programs).

Drinking and driving is one of the most serious problems on our roads today. Recent data shows that nearly 40% of all traffic-related deaths are related to alcohol. Alcoholism statistics on drunk drivers show that drinking and driving results in 1 injury every minute and 1 death every 32 minutes. Drunk drivers are costing the United States approximately 50 billion dollars every year. Alcohol costs so many so much; their health, family, friends and their community

http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics

One-third to two-thirds of child maltreatment cases involve substance use to some degree. 8<li>Children whose parents abuse alcohol and other drugs are three times more likely to be abused and more than four times more likely to be neglected than children from non-abusing families. 8<li>As many as two-thirds of the people in treatment for drug abuse reported being abused or neglected as children. 10

So NO, not all of those involved in the questions you asked are alcoholics......

INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE

1. Two-thirds of victims who suffered violence by an intimate (a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend) reported that alcohol had been a factor.
    2. Bureau of Justice Statistics, US Department of Justice, 2006.
    3. Among spousal abuse victims, 75% of the incidents were reported to have involved an offender who had been drinking.
    4. Bureau of Justice Statistics, US Department of Justice, 2006.
    5. An estimated 31% of stranger victimizations were perceived to be alcohol-related.
    6. Bureau of Justice Statistics, US Department

1. That means in ONE-THIRD of them alcohol wasn't involved.....

Your next 1. 25% did NOT involve alcohol.....

Your final 1. 69% were NOT alcohol related....

Your questions were meant to mislead, not inform....just like the brady campaign and other gun control nuts......

Drinking and driving is one of the most serious problems on our roads today. Recent data shows that nearly 40% of all traffic-related deaths are related to alcohol.

That means 60% are NOT related to alcohol......

I won't go on showing how misleading stats are when people become emotional about an issue.....there is absolutely ZERO reason to give up one iota of my liberty just to feel or be safe and secure.....give me liberty or give me death as the founders said....my point being that the more laws on the books, the less liberty I have.....

Colmes,

What makes it right or wrong? Not questioning your opinion,just wondering. Pot has been on the earth since God put it here in the beginning. History has shown that man has used it since history has begun. Far longer than "man" made it illegal. So how did you determine it is wrong? I will assume you have never tried it, so where did your determination come from that it is wrong. Is it wrong because the government says it is bad?

That means 60% are NOT related to alcohol......

I won't go on showing how misleading stats are when people become emotional about an issue.....there is absolutely ZERO reason to give up one iota of my liberty just to feel or be safe and secure.....give me liberty or give me death as the founders said....my point being that the more laws on the books, the less liberty I have.....

So if your liberty takes away the liberty of another - In this case I mean the life of another thats ok?

So if your liberty takes away the liberty of another - In this case I mean the life of another thats ok?

Strawman rhetorical questions like those are what have led us to the dictatorship we are in today......there is no answer to that one, but I value my liberty more than the life of anyone else.....

Colmes,

What makes it right or wrong? Not questioning your opinion,just wondering. Pot has been on the earth since God put it here in the beginning. History has shown that man has used it since history has begun. Far longer than "man" made it illegal. So how did you determine it is wrong? I will assume you have never tried it, so where did your determination come from that it is wrong. Is it wrong because the government says it is bad?

You must be misreading my posts....:lol:

Strawman rhetorical questions like those are what have led us to the dictatorship we are in today......there is no answer to that one, but I value my liberty more than the life of anyone else.....

So a man that has been drinking runs down your child on the street or a teenage boy that has been drinking gives your daughter a ride home and end up killing her in a wreck

It's ok because his liberty is worth more than their life, This isn't a rhetorical question to a lot of people its fact. Do you tell the parents of the kids there is nothing that can be done. Liberty is the only thing that matters.

Where does on man's liberty end? When is it morally wrong?

Organized crime....

If you think that keeping it illegal will cut down on its use or cut down on its use by minors YOU are the one who is out of touch with reality.....:P

I don't think he is. It's easier to obtain. I know back when I was in High School, that you go to almost any liquor store and find someone that would purchase your MD 20/20, wine coolers, beer, Boone's Farm, or what not for about $5 above retail value (if they didn't have an older brother/sister/cousin/friend that would buy it for them if you bought them a six pack). Cigarettes were about the same, but they only wanted a $1 more a pack. Back then a pack of cigarettes only cost $1.35, so it was no big deal. I know this because I had friends who did it.

The same would apply to legalized marijuana, kids would be purchasing it, and adults would purchase more of it because it's legal. It's similar to when the lottery first started in Texas, some people played it because it was legal, and it was only a few dollars to play. It wore of for some. I'm not saying that marijuana is addictive, but I think it's a choice for some that want a "high".

I really want to see what happens in Washington and Colorado in about 5 years, without legalizing marijuana for the entire Nation, the way our Government did Romneycare. There is a slight problem with this, because it won't be sold at the local convenience store. I'm sure a few shops will open, and they'll sell it under the table, but the Feds will try to shut them down, just as they have organic food shops.

And what biblical example are you talking about?

The simple truth is we are allowed to disagree with people. We are allowed to take a stand. Simply put - You hate the sin not the people. When look at this way you are acknowledging that no man is perfect including yourself, but you strive to be better each day. That includes standing up for what is morally wrong. The mindset that Christians are supposed to quiet and not make waves is crazy. What do you think the apostles were doing? They did it knowing they were going to be thrown in jail or killed by the people they were preaching to.

First the whole New Testament. You are instructed to live an exemplary life of love and caring for all you encounter, not just your circle of friends.

Second, we certainly can disagree about every possible thing, yet we can agree that we dont have to agree about every thing. And according to your declared values you agree that you should not make laws to force me to be happy, safe, or have to get along with you. You compromise with others to force me to behave the way you think I should. I respect your liberty. You create a big government to make sure I have to live where you think I should and I respect your liberty. You decide that I am just too happy and you make more laws that I should not be able do what makes me happy. I flip you off when I see you because your failure to be happy has caused me to be unhappy.

• Mr. P changed the title to DOPEHEADS