parentofredheads

37 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Heck that last time that I was involved with burning stuff, a major oil company got to rewrite their tax receipts after a major oil spill. I'm out. 

DZ my man!  I see the rif raf of TOC is making its way here.

21 hours ago, Wild74 said:

Why not sale it to Colorado  😋 

You said it jokingly, but why not sale it to States where it’s legal?  Evidently it’s a #### pot load.  Probably worth hundreds of millions.  Use the money on the Wall.  Works for me.

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

You said it jokingly, but why not sale it to States where it’s legal?  Evidently it’s a #### pot load.  Probably worth hundreds of millions.  Use the money on the Wall.  Works for me.

They probably sprayed the whole shootin’ match with Paraquat, anyway.... None for me, thank you!🤨

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Probably those in Colorado wouldn't want their markets saturated with below grade pot, I would wager they would argue that. 

• 2 months later...
Published

Nevada lawmakers prohibit employers from denying applicants who fail marijuana drug screenings

Fox News Flash top headlines for June 13

Fox News Flash top headlines for June 13 are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com

Employers in Nevada soon will no longer be able to turn down job applicants who test positive for traces of marijuana during drug screenings.

Lawmakers approved a bill last week that made Nevada the first state to prohibit employers from discriminating against prospective employees for marijuana use in a state where recreational pot is legal.

"I don't condone marijuana use," Democratic Assemblymember Dina Neal, who co-sponsored the bill, told The Associated Press. “But I don't want unfairness and discrimination. We were saying marijuana dispensaries can sell to people, but then the people couldn't work. We had to do something."

ILLINOIS MAN WITH STAGE 4 CANCER SENTENCED OF ORDERING THC CHOCOLATES

Supporters of the bill argued that even the slightest trace of the drug could show in blood or urine tests weeks or even months after ingesting it during off-work hours, something Neal called “a moral and social dilemma.”

Bill No. 132 also includes a measure that would allow anyone who does test positive to challenge the results and take a second test 30 days after the initial screening. This would be at the expense of the applicant.

The new measure, which was signed into law by Gov. Steve Sisolak on June 6, does contain an exception for those employers seeking applicants for safety postings.

This includes firefighters, EMT or any job that would require employees to operate a motor vehicle.

Supporters of the bill fear, however, that this loophole may be exploited.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"I'm hoping that it's not abused and they're not going to say a secretary is a safety position," Neal said.

The new law is set to take effect on Jan. 1. Nevada first legalized recreational pot for those over 21 in 2016.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

This is probably going to become more common. What I'm wondering about is how this type of law will affect people like truck drivers and heavy equipment operators.

Companies that move natural gas through pipelines that are classified DOT requires random drug testing, it is the law from what I understand. 

33 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Companies that move natural gas through pipelines that are classified DOT requires random drug testing, it is the law from what I understand. 

I work in a corporate job where I sit on my butt in an air conditioned office and write code. When I took this job, I had to take a drug test.

Now, what I do isn't intrinsically physically dangerous, but it can be dangerous. There's a certain level of clarity of thought and thinking that goes into software engineering and programming. It's not quite as important in the job I have, but erroneous software engineering can, like operating heavy equipment, cost lives.

I've had days where I wasn't at my best mentally (for various reasons), and I know my code quality, production, and output suffered for it. I had to go back at a different time and make improvements to it, when I could think more clearly.

Here's a blog post that kind of explains that: https://blog.cleancoder.com/uncle-bob/2018/03/29/WeProgrammers.html

The way I see it, they employer should only inform a prospective employee that a drug test will be required for employment.  If they still apply, and fail a drug test they were stupid for doing so.  If they come back and reapply when their system is clean, then they should be good to go.  The Government should not be involved in making it legal for them to test positive, and then return for a test that the prospective employee would have to pay for.  Even in restaurant management they require drug tests at some places and continue to have random drug tests.  Most don't because of the cost of the tests.  I do know that workman's comp will not cover injuries on the job if one fails a drug test.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to DOPEHEADS
  • 1 month later...