🌿 "DOPEHEADS!"

parentofredheads

I'm beginning to think so too... WOW! Do all people think that ALL parents have booze around the house and are boozing it up on weekend parties with neighbors, friends, and that ALL parents smoked marijuana more than once or twice?

If kids are around it, whether at home, school, or at their friends' houses, they like any other animal adapt to think it's okay.

And if anyone is niave enough to believe that if marijuana is legalized, that more young kids, and adults for that matter, won't try it and continue its use, they're living in a zombie world. Maybe it's only those who haven't used it think that way. Seems to be anyway.

I don't know, parent, do ALL young people who get arrested for DUI or other alcohol related charges have parents that booze it up? Now it sounds like you are preaching some evolutionary concept that all "animals" have the same behavior. Keep believing the reefer madness propaganda. The kids on ADD meds are in a zombie world IMO.

And if anyone is niave enough to believe that if marijuana is legalized, that more young kids, and adults for that matter, won't try it and continue its use, they're living in a zombie world. Maybe it's only those who haven't used it think that way. Seems to be anyway.

The naive ones are those who actually think that kids are NOT doing it right now.....there would be absolutely ZERO difference in who does or does not try marijuana if it is legalized.....kids who are raised right, won't....kids who are not, will....that's the same thing that happens now anyway......

The naive ones are those who actually think that kids are NOT doing it right now.....there would be absolutely ZERO difference in who does or does not try marijuana if it is legalized.....kids who are raised right, won't....kids who are not, will....that's the same thing that happens now anyway......

Yes, we know kids are doing it now. HELLO MCFLY!!!!

But I agree 100% with redhead, if it were made legal, MORE kids would be doing it. Not a good thing. And pot, whether it's technically addictive or not, leads to other drugs which are.

Moral of the story: pot is bad and people who think otherwise are fools and probably just potheads themselves. The end.

But I agree 100% with redhead, if it were made legal, MORE kids would be doing it. Not a good thing. And pot, whether it's technically addictive or not, leads to other drugs which are.

Moral of the story: pot is bad and people who think otherwise are fools and probably just potheads themselves. The end.

I believe that you and parent are both wrong on this....just because it's legal doesn't mean that more will do it....once again....kids who are raised properly will not do it, kids who are not raised properly will do it....JUST LIKE IT IS NOW.....:P

Your last statement is fairly hypocritical since both alcohol and tobacco are bad, yet both are legal....I'd rather be a fool than a hypocrite....:P

Marijuana Use Still Illegal

Military.com

Week of November 26, 2012

The state of Colorado voted to legalize marijuana Nov. 6, but its use is still against federal law and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, even for servicemembers stationed in or visiting the state. For the military, the use of narcotics, in or out of uniform, is illegal. For family members and civilians with access to the base, they need to remember one crucial fact if they do participate in recreational marijuana use -- marijuana is not allowed on any military base. Colorado's new amendment has no effect on the Drug Demand Reduction Program and random drug testing will continue as scheduled to ensure individuals comply with the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

For more military news updates, visit the Military.com News Center.

Yep!

You know I can't figure it out... you'd think GROWN-UPS would figure out, that if you put kids with drug dealers, alcoholics and no telling what else, there's probably a what, 75 to 95 percent chance that guess what, they're going to be doing the same thing....

Note I did not state the AGE of those drug dealers, alcoholics and no telling what else.

I believe that you and parent are both wrong on this....just because it's legal doesn't mean that more will do it....once again....kids who are raised properly will not do it, kids who are not raised properly will do it....JUST LIKE IT IS NOW.....:P

Your last statement is fairly hypocritical since both alcohol and tobacco are bad, yet both are legal....I'd rather be a fool than a hypocrite....:P

Now, Colmes, you know good and well that it is not the parents that should be blamed if a kid turns out bad.....it's always someone else's fault or some substances' fault. I thought you knew that by now! LOL ---- Parents are not responsible for kids who make bad choices - the kid's friends are!!!

Yep!

You know I can't figure it out... you'd think GROWN-UPS would figure out, that if you put kids with drug dealers, alcoholics and no telling what else, there's probably a what, 75 to 95 percent chance that guess what, they're going to be doing the same thing....

Note I did not state the AGE of those drug dealers, alcoholics and no telling what else.

Would you not agree at least that he would not be forced to go to that kid or otherwise that you have done evrything imagineable to keep him away from? By decriminalizing and forming a legal path you can put those convicts out of business and take the enticement for drug related crimes like theft and burglary and car-jacking away. Net results: fewer victims.

I am not actually pro legalization, but it is not difficult to see that the biggest and best financed opponents of legalization are the cartels.

Yep!

So why doesn't that same logic apply if you put non-violent drug users with murderers, molesters, and rapist and no telling what else [in prison], there's probably a what, 75 to 95 percent chance that guess what, they're going to be doing the same thing? But by all means lets keep making laws that make non-violent people criminals so the prison system can produce more murderers, rapists, and molesters...not to mention a bigger better welfare state. Yes when will the grown ups figure it out?

Would you not agree at least that he would not be forced to go to that kid or otherwise that you have done evrything imagineable to keep him away from? By decriminalizing and forming a legal path you can put those convicts out of business and take the enticement for drug related crimes like theft and burglary and car-jacking away. Net results: fewer victims.

I am not actually pro legalization, but it is not difficult to see that the biggest and best financed opponents of legalization are the cartels.

Hey, Tigger! where have you been? Nice to hear from you. You always bring a bit of reason and sanity back to the discussions here, I for one have missed your input. Hope the wife and family are doing well!

Hey, Tigger! where have you been? Nice to hear from you. You always bring a bit of reason and sanity back to the discussions here, I for one have missed your input. Hope the wife and family are doing well!

It has been a really busy period for me. All are well. Still supporting the Dallas Medical establishment though. Having to go again tommorrow.

I had to pitch in here, because people who want less government insist on regulating other peoples access by use of government. (huh?) Making laws to tell you what you cannot have or do, while demanding that you cannot do the same for them.

I have found that some very socially conservative friends agree, that the criminalization of marijuana, is more destructive than the drug actually is to our young people. Giving them criminal records that can limit their futures. I also have found that most reasoning adults agree that criminalization creates an environment that makes hardened criminals rich because they will flaunt the laws that we will obey. They do this for profit and people that get in the way get hurt.(See Mexico, any day, any city)(ref. Texas any border city)

I haven't figured out all the ins and outs as it would not be for me, but putting the criminals out of business would make it easier to control. We have to accept the fact that these people do now and have always had influence on our LAW ENFORCEMENT people. Immigration would be easier even to enforce, if law enforcement was dealing with people that were sincerely trying to get in to work rather than serving as mules for the cartels. These encounters have the potential to end up in a fire fight. Resulting in more innocent victims.

Let's see how we can take the money away from the criminals.

Let's see how we can reduce the number of victims.

Let's realize that making it illegal will not prevent it from happening.

Let's make a set of rules that make users know what the social and economic price of using is.

We do not drink openly in any environment and no longer use tobacco in that way, so we have a say in how we can or will accommodate users.

We have restrictions on how the currently legal intoxicants can be used as far as operating motor vehicles or any thing else where the general public might be at risk, we are still in charge with this.

We tax the #### out of liquor and tobacco, let's make this pay for its own enforcement and maybe have some left over to fund law enforcement or education. (last I heard, Colorado was doing great managing the supply and state revenue)

Finally employers are not forced to accept dopers when their attendance, productivity, safety, or reputation do not meet the needs of the company. (You cannot have a martini at 3p.m. break so you cannot smoke one either)(you cannot drive a vehicle that places liability on the employer if you use and you know that federal laws requires that you submit to random tests)

This is not a major social question if we address with an adult attitude.

It has been a really busy period for me. All are well. Still supporting the Dallas Medical establishment though. Having to go again tommorrow.

I had to pitch in here, because people who want less government insist on regulating other peoples access by use of government. (huh?) Making laws to tell you what you cannot have or do, while demanding that you cannot do the same for them.

I have found that some very socially conservative friends agree, that the criminalization of marijuana, is more destructive than the drug actually is to our young people. Giving them criminal records that can limit their futures. I also have found that most reasoning adults agree that criminalization creates an environment that makes hardened criminals rich because they will flaunt the laws that we will obey. They do this for profit and people that get in the way get hurt.(See Mexico, any day, any city)(ref. Texas any border city)

I haven't figured out all the ins and outs as it would not be for me, but putting the criminals out of business would make it easier to control. We have to accept the fact that these people do now and have always had influence on our LAW ENFORCEMENT people. Immigration would be easier even to enforce, if law enforcement was dealing with people that were sincerely trying to get in to work rather than serving as mules for the cartels. These encounters have the potential to end up in a fire fight. Resulting in more innocent victims.

Let's see how we can take the money away from the criminals.

Let's see how we can reduce the number of victims.

Let's realize that making it illegal will not prevent it from happening.

Let's make a set of rules that make users know what the social and economic price of using is.

We do not drink openly in any environment and no longer use tobacco in that way, so we have a say in how we can or will accommodate users.

We have restrictions on how the currently legal intoxicants can be used as far as operating motor vehicles or any thing else where the general public might be at risk, we are still in charge with this.

We tax the #### out of liquor and tobacco, let's make this pay for its own enforcement and maybe have some left over to fund law enforcement or education. (last I heard, Colorado was doing great managing the supply and state revenue)

Finally employers are not forced to accept dopers when their attendance, productivity, safety, or reputation do not meet the needs of the company. (You cannot have a martini at 3p.m. break so you cannot smoke one either)(you cannot drive a vehicle that places liability on the employer if you use and you know that federal laws requires that you submit to random tests)

This is not a major social question if we address with an adult attitude.

Exactly.....

You know what some say about the preacher's kids. I don't see legalization of marijuana causing an increase in numbers that make the choice to use the product. Alcohol still tops the charts as influencing violent behavior and needless to say traffic related injuries and death. It makes no sense adults can choose alcohol and not marijuana.

Talking to college age people seems they are MOST interested in keggers and booze parties and pills. Maybe DLine could offer insight to marijuana use by students compared to other things related to college social activities.

Girls want drinks over smoking particularly they want free drinks while being with the celebrities (frat daddies, athletes, etc) of the school.

I agree, however, sometimes parents don't exactly know where their kids are and what they're doing 24/7... and truthfully, we're supposed to raise them to make good decisions. They don't always do that. I'm sure the same thing our parents said when they were raising us.

But someone brought up an excellent point. So many kids are using alcohol. It's legal, but not for those under the age of 21, yet they still get it. Now let's take marijuana for example. If it is legalized, it takes away the OMG, if we're caught with it, we can get upteen years in jail...you take that away, and it'll be just like alcohol, more of 'em doing it and on it. Not to mention those "kids" and "adults" who are working who get a "guess what drug test" that day, and oops, they're automatically out of a job... course they should be, but that's not the point. You legalize it, and you'll find a lot more folks getting fired. Which brings on a whole other issue of the legalization of same.

As to the cartels and criminals...no matter what we do, the government does or anyone else, there's still going to be cartels and criminals...no matter what they're pushing, they're going to be pushing something... whether it's cocaine, meth, etc., etc. So what's next, legalizing cocaine, meth and LSD? Think of the kids who are actually selling their parents' "prescribed" medication and how many kids are on all of that... It's beyond worrisome. Legalizing something isn't, in my opinion, the answer.

As to the laws regarding same, granted some states are tougher than others, and it all boils down to personal responsibliity. If you're with someone who's doing it, you get caught and you're gonna get in trouble. Stupid them. If you test positive for it, even though you didn't smoke it, yet you were around someone who was, too bad, you get fired... stupid them.

We're asking young folks, who I'm sure the most of us older folk on here will agree, they're not exactly wise in making decisions sometimes, especially if it comes to peer pressure, or at a party, etc., etc., etc.

I've typed way too many drug trials where most involved murders, stabbings, etc., and even if it's legalized, it won't stop it. Because there will be a limit on it...if there's not, it'll still be something else people are willing to kill each other for, and to make "big bucks" on for pushing something illegal, because it's too easy for them.

Prohibition causes the criminal element. Let them "push" something else. One reason California's Proposition 19 failed involved $$$ where growers made campaign against it. Legalize marijuana and the price will come way down. That is not good news for those that grow illegally nor those licensed by various states for medical application.

Nooo, I don't think so. Even if they legalize marijuana, it'll only be for a certain amount. Let's say an ounce. It may slow those that go to jail for possession; however, it will still be a black market thing of "buying" cheaper than what is allowed and taxed, and more of it.

And if your argument of prohibition causes the criminal element is true, then by all means, let's legalize LSD, Ectasy, cocaine, meth, etc., etc.

But hey, I say let Colorado have it. Let them be the guinea pig, and then we'll see.

Nooo, I don't think so. Even if they legalize marijuana, it'll only be for a certain amount. Let's say an ounce. It may slow those that go to jail for possession; however, it will still be a black market thing of "buying" cheaper than what is allowed and taxed, and more of it.

And if your argument of prohibition causes the criminal element is true, then by all means, let's legalize LSD, Ectasy, cocaine, meth, etc., etc.

But hey, I say let Colorado have it. Let them be the guinea pig, and then we'll see.

Let these people come out of the dark and into the light and this whole situation changes. For kids, the lure of doing something that is borderline risque' is removed and it is not so attractive. Let adults decide if using is worth the risk of sacraficing a career or the ability to get a "decent" job.

believe it or not the biblical example was not to condemn others for their lifestyle, but demonstrate a wholesome one that they can pattern after. Problem is that puts responsibility on us to not be hypocrits.

Let these people come out of the dark and into the light and this whole situation changes. For kids, the lure of doing something that is borderline risque' is removed and it is not so attractive. Let adults decide if using is worth the risk of sacraficing a career or the ability to get a "decent" job.

believe it or not the biblical example was not to condemn others for their lifestyle, but demonstrate a wholesome one that they can pattern after. Problem is that puts responsibility on us to not be hypocrits.

+ 1000

History has PROVEN that prohibition causes more crime than it prevents.....see the 1920's and early 1930's...

Do the stats include intoxicated manslaughter, assault or abuse. You can argue your case in a lot of ways. The most compelling is the one where your kid did not come home on Friday night because alcohol was made readlily avalible to them.

If you think making marajuana legal will cut down on its use or will cut down on its use by minors you are fooling yourself

The arguement should just come down to the fact that the politicians have run out of money to spend and see this as a windfall for their economy. My question is what will they legalize when they spend that money.

So there is no underage smoking. Or no underage drinking.

All you will do is make it readily avalible to minors.

And what biblical example are you talking about? Let he without sin cast the first sin story or the story where Jesus threw the merchant out of the church.Or maybe the story os Sodem would be more in tunes to the times we live in. To put it simply your arguement is one that is used by liberals a lot to push their agenda. The simple truth is we are allowed to disagree with people. We are allowed to take a stand. Simply put - You hate the sin not the people. When look at this way you are acknowledging that no man is perfect including yourself, but you strive to be better each day. That includes standing up for what is morally wrong. The mindset that Christians are supposed to quiet and not make waves is crazy. What do you think the apostles were doing? They did it knowing they were going to be thrown in jail or killed by the people they were preaching to.

Do the stats include intoxicated manslaughter, assault or abuse. You can argue your case in a lot of ways. The most compelling is the one where your kid did not come home on Friday night because alcohol was made readlily avalible to them.

If you think making marajuana legal will cut down on its use or will cut down on its use by minors you are fooling yourself

The arguement should just come down to the fact that the politicians have run out of money to spend and see this as a windfall for their economy. My question is what will they legalize when they spend that money.

You are fooling yourself if you think the War on Drugs is cutting down on marijuana use by minors. Legalizing Marijuana won't cut down on kids selling their ADD meds to other kids either...but neither does the war on drugs. Politicians shouldn't get any money from legalization.....they already spent more than their quota on the War on Drugs...they don't get a do-over by switching sides and becoming a defacto drug cartel themselves. Let the free market regulate itself.

I often wondered why my mother didn't seem to mind that I drank alcohol at age 16 while living in a country that didn't prohibit a 16 year old from drinking.. But when we came back to the states she did not allow it. .....I asked her about this not long ago and she said other than the legality issue that in that country, most people used public transportation, very few had automobiles and people who did just didn't drive after they had been drinking.

You are fooling yourself if you think the War on Drugs is cutting down on marijuana use by minors. Legalizing Marijuana won't cut down on kids selling their ADD meds to other kids either...but neither does the war on drugs.

I often wondered why my mother didn't seem to mind that I drank alcohol at age 16 while living in a country that didn't prohibit a 16 year old from drinking.. But when we came back to the states she did not allow it. .....I asked her about this not long ago and she said other than the legally issue that in that country, most people used public transportation, very few had automobiles and people who did just didn't drive after they had been drinking.

So your safety was first on her list. Sounds like a smart woman.

I am not fooling myself about the War on Drugs. We can do a lot better job of it. I find it amazing we live in a world where we are goverment allows us to sue the tobaccoo insustry for millions because it is bad for us but they are going to legalize the use of another smoking product. That our goverment is mulling the idea of mandating the use of a license to be able to smoke. So they can keep up with how many packs a person smokes, but they want it make it legal to sell another smoking product. It's Crazy!!!!!!!!! This is only about one thing - TAX. If the goverment was not going to recieve money for the sell of marajuana they would not even be pushing this agenda.

If anyone thinks legalizing marajuana will not increase the use by minors they are the ones fooling themselves

So there is no underage smoking. Or no underage drinking.

All you will do is make it readily avalible to minors.

And what biblical example are you talking about? Let he without sin cast the first sin story or the story where Jesus threw the merchant out of the church.Or maybe the story os Sodem would be more in tunes to the times we live in. To put it simply your arguement is one that is used by liberals a lot to push their agenda. The simple truth is we are allowed to disagree with people. We are allowed to take a stand. Simply put - You hate the sin not the people. When look at this way you are acknowledging that no man is perfect including yourself, but you strive to be better each day. That includes standing up for what is morally wrong. The mindset that Christians are supposed to quiet and not make waves is crazy. What do you think the apostles were doing? They did it knowing they were going to be thrown in jail or killed by the people they were preaching to.

"So there is no underage smoking. Or no underage drinking." Which side are you arguing here? Yes, there is both and yes both are illegal for minors. Thus you make the point that prohibition of cigs and booze for minors does not stop it.

But it ain't the sin that gets put in prison it's the sinner. I am not putting down prison ministries, but I find it heartbreaking that prison is the first time that some of them ever read a Bible - we should stand up in our churches and make a plea to love these sinners and treat the addiction rather than punish the addicted.

Organized crime....

If you think that keeping it illegal will cut down on its use or cut down on its use by minors YOU are the one who is out of touch with reality.....:P

• Mr. P changed the title to DOPEHEADS