🌿 "DOPEHEADS!"

parentofredheads

Actually in my younger days I grew a couple of plants but I got paranoid and decided to stay away from growing the stuff. I was in my 20's that was 30 years ago. I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I could care less what people do with it. It is all a bunch of BS, people want to control things want it outlawed but you need to find the people who want it outlawed, usually they have their own financial interest at stake. The Falcon on the other hand just don't want me to get high:)

As do other political issues 5-0?

Freedom to choose growing hemp and marijuana are political and their "illegality" are orchestrated by political dupe. Are you saying I CANNOT discuss the subject? Come on, part of the political dupe is why our prisons are full and the so called "war on drugs" nothing but a failure lining the pockets of yet another poltical dupe in those whose backs are scratched advocating private prison systems...a freaking drain on taxpayers. Plus your damn government is one of the largest illicit drug dealers in the world...for political ploys.

It's an important issue 5-0 and I won't stop mentioning it. As long as people approve of alcohol consumption they have no ground to stand on advocating continued illegality of marijuana. Why don't we incarcerate EVERYONE that has ever touched alcohol to their lips? You get that done and I'll stop the posts about the absurdities tied to criminalization of hemp and marijuana.

Huh?

First, I never even implied that you "couldn't" discuss anything. I'm tired of the debate. That means me, personally. It has nothing to do with you. Secondly, I have no authority to make you stop discussing it even if I wanted to. Thirdly, I wouldn't care one bit if they legalized marijuana. Go for it. It's a waste of time and resources to keep it illegal. It's less dangerous, IMO, than alcohol. Why would I want to silence you because of it? I'm just tired of the discussion. You're free to discuss it all you want. Hell....I don't care if you smoke weed while you discuss it. As long as you're not driving around while high, I couldn't care less.

Watch those people in California, there is a series on TV that shows how they grow different blends...I have never seen such sophistication in growing. I was more curious if it would grow in my day and it grew fairly quick but didn't let it grow long before I got scared. I think that was mostly my youthful indiscretion looking back I would not do that again.:)

As long as you're not driving around while high, I couldn't care less.

That's the problem that idiots like Hares fail to mention. The reason pot is illegal is because it does have an effect on others. Just ask the 3 dead girls that were killed that I went to college with coming back from Galveston because a guy on I-45 was sucking on almost a half a pound of pot rolled in a huge blunt.

Yes, just harmless fun that doesnt harm anyone.

That's the problem that idiots like Hares fail to mention. The reason pot is illegal is because it does have an effect on others. Just ask the 3 dead girls that were killed that I went to college with coming back from Galveston because a guy on I-45 was sucking on almost a half a pound of pot rolled in a huge blunt.

That would be the a reason not to drink and drive, text, talk on the phone all of these or bad decisions. Using intoxicates while driving is taking your life, somebody Else's life and rolling the dice. Innocents will suffer also. The use of hemp should be at the discretion of consenting adults. If you are going to ban hemp because of highway accidents then alochol should also be banned, but from what I have been reading texting is becoming one of the biggest killers on the highway now. I do understand your point about hemp and driving though. That is the reason grandma and papa need to relax at the house.

#1, no one here is an idiot so refrain from that kind of talk, please. #2, You're right. It intoxicates people so therefore it makes driving a hazard. That I know of, no one here has said otherwise. I think there is a point however, that if alcohol is legal it doesn't make much sense that weed wouldn't be. Being intoxicated on either is dangerous while driving. That being equal, all the rest of the effects on the body are much worse with alcohol. Legalizing marijuana wouldn't change the fact that it would remain illegal to drive, fly, or operate an amusement park ride while under its influence.

No Hares, you don't remember that accident, because that is not the one I am talking about. Two girls, one from Coffeyville, Kansas and the other from Celeste, in a Sorority of girls that I got to know during my time in Commerce were killed back in 2006 by some idiot smoking dope who drifted into their lane, cut them off, hitting their vehicle and forced them into the median where they rolled over 4 times and smashed head on into a ford f-250 with a cattle trailer attached in the opposite lane. And I don't need to provide a link, all you need to go is get your keister up to Commerce and see the Memorial the Chi Omega Sorority made for them.

The blunt that the worthless hemp head smoked was twice the size of a celbratory stogie.

But your story proves my point that many pot heads and dope legalizers try to make that it doesnt happen that often. It does. More than anyone would like to admit. And Dope cannot be compared to guns. Smoking dope has no redeeming qualities like gun ownership does. People smoke to get high. People own guns to either defend themselves and hunt or kill.

You and Kirt seem to have a lot of past experience together. :) "Old hippies" I assume.

We didn't know each other when we where young. Hippies where done gone by the time I was in High School, now the Falcon may have run into a hippie or two but probably not in Garrison

I agree, but look at New York. They're regulating what size/kind of cokes people can buy there. It really is ridiculous.

That is what logically follows from having allowed them to ban hemp.......it's a step by step regression from liberty to tyranny.......and it all begins innocently with them trying to keep us safe.......

..and yet ALCOHOL is still LEGAL??? No hypocracy in THAT anywhere, is there????

The problem with Marijuana legalization for the legal human consumption for becoming intoxicated is not known on a wide basis, or the potential effects of it. Why don't we see first the potential problems that legalization has in Washington and Colorado, before public consumption is legal.

These are the problems I see :

1) The Black Market will still exist, it will be cheaper to "grow your own" or go to the local unauthorized pharmacist for their weed.

2) Public consumption will rise, there is already a stigma on cigarette smokers, what will people think when it's "whacky tobaccky" ?

3) Will legalizing marijuana outweigh the potential cost of other factors that could burden our prison systems and health care system ?

• Mr. P changed the title to DOPEHEADS