parentofredheads

I can't imagine smoking anything; cigarrettes, marijuana, cigars or anything else you inhale into your lungs as being positive or healthy. It also stinks.

Watch it, kirt, or you'll be joining michelle obama and her health NAZI's..... :P

I smoke cigarrettes and an occasional cigar, I'll be the one concerned or not concerned with my own health.....it is no-one else's business......

Huh?

First, I never even implied that you "couldn't" discuss anything. I'm tired of the debate. That means me, personally. It has nothing to do with you. Secondly, I have no authority to make you stop discussing it even if I wanted to. Thirdly, I wouldn't care one bit if they legalized marijuana. Go for it. It's a waste of time and resources to keep it illegal. It's less dangerous, IMO, than alcohol. Why would I want to silence you because of it? I'm just tired of the discussion. You're free to discuss it all you want. Hell....I don't care if you smoke weed while you discuss it. As long as you're not driving around while high, I couldn't care less.

5-0 are you saying that if encountered someone at their home who was using marijuana that you would not enforce the law? Since you say it is a waste of resources and less dangerous than alcohol. How would you handle that situation?

#1, no one here is an idiot so refrain from that kind of talk, please. #2, You're right. It intoxicates people so therefore it makes driving a hazard. That I know of, no one here has said otherwise. I think there is a point however, that if alcohol is legal it doesn't make much sense that weed wouldn't be. Being intoxicated on either is dangerous while driving. That being equal, all the rest of the effects on the body are much worse with alcohol. Legalizing marijuana wouldn't change the fact that it would remain illegal to drive, fly, or operate an amusement park ride while under its influence.

5-0 that makes my day. I am so glad you don't think me an idiot. Ha. Nope you can't go back and make an exception now. Ha Ha

No Hares, you don't remember that accident, because that is not the one I am talking about. Two girls, one from Coffeyville, Kansas and the other from Celeste, in a Sorority of girls that I got to know during my time in Commerce were killed back in 2006 by some idiot smoking dope who drifted into their lane, cut them off, hitting their vehicle and forced them into the median where they rolled over 4 times and smashed head on into a ford f-250 with a cattle trailer attached in the opposite lane. And I don't need to provide a link, all you need to go is get your keister up to Commerce and see the Memorial the Chi Omega Sorority made for them.

The blunt that the worthless hemp head smoked was twice the size of a celbratory stogie.

But your story proves my point that many pot heads and dope legalizers try to make that it doesnt happen that often. It does. More than anyone would like to admit. And Dope cannot be compared to guns. Smoking dope has no redeeming qualities like gun ownership does. People smoke to get high. People own guns to either defend themselves and hunt or kill.

No! It really doesn't happen that much. Your experience, which I truly am sorry for, is the reason for your belief.

Pot is bad and does not need to be legalized. If for no other reason that it leads to other drugs.....proven fact

I am afraid that you are incorrect. I worked at a drug treament center for quite a long time. I talked to hundreds and hundreds of kids in the program. Pot was usually their drug of choice, but it was not the drug that got them started. Almost to a patient, his/her first drug was liquor. Most started sneaking drinks from their parents legal supply. Most of the parents were not pot or drug users.

Watch it, kirt, or you'll be joining michelle obama and her health NAZI's..... :P

I smoke cigarrettes and an occasional cigar, I'll be the one concerned or not concerned with my own health.....it is no-one else's business......

Colms, this is way off subject, but how do you reconcile that smoking with your very strong biblical beliefs? I agree with the later part of your statement. Absolutely agree that it is your business.

Colms, this is way off subject, but how do you reconcile that smoking with your very strong biblical beliefs? I agree with the later part of your statement. Absolutely agree that it is your business.

I have yet to find in the Scriptures where smoking is condemned....It is not intoxicating, it is not worshipping idols, it is not sexual immorality......There is no direct command which condemns smoking....there is no apostolic example of apostles smoking or not(since tobacco had not made it over from North America)....and there is no logical inference that smoking is a sin....The Bible is silent on this, and so shall I be..... :)

5-0 are you saying that if encountered someone at their home who was using marijuana that you would not enforce the law? Since you say it is a waste of resources and less dangerous than alcohol. How would you handle that situation?

I would say, "Put the weed away, please."

Your question didn't seem that difficult.

I have yet to find in the Scriptures where smoking is condemned....It is not intoxicating, it is not worshipping idols, it is not sexual immorality......There is no direct command which condemns smoking....there is no apostolic example of apostles smoking or not(since tobacco had not made it over from North America)....and there is no logical inference that smoking is a sin....The Bible is silent on this, and so shall I be..... :)

Well I am sure you know what I am fixing to ask you next. Ha. So just for kicks and giggles how do you rationalize that with Paul's teachings in I Cor. 6: 19-20? Also, do you think Jesus would have smoked? Do you think Jesus would like for you to not smoke? Also, as an obviously "religious" person, do you think your smoking hurts/hinders your testimony? Again, not trying to prove you wrong/incorrect at all. I am just curious as to how you justify for yourself.

I would say, "Put the weed away, please."

Your question didn't seem that difficult.

No. I was serious. As a cop you know the questions are never difficult, it is the answers that get us every time. Ha.

I will not say I do not believe you, but I will say that is very difficult to believe. But it leads me to wonder, let's say you would say exactly that, should a cop take that power for himself? How do you decide what laws to enforce and which to not? Your own personal set of values? Also, what would your superiors say about such a practice? Would it change depending on who was present? I mean, small children, underage kids, only one person, multiple people.

Very interesting!

By context:

I Corinthians 6: 12 - 20

12 “All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be dominated by anything. 13 “Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Clearly, it is sexual immorality which defiles the body in this passage, not smoking.....

The Word does not speak as to whether Jesus would have smoked or not....The Word does not speak as to whether He would approve of my smoking....IT DOES speak loudly and clearly on the things He does NOT condone.....

It does not hurt my sharing of the Gospel with smokers.... :P

I Corinthians 9: 19 - 23

19 For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. 21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. 23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.

Please take any further religious discussion to a thread in the Religion Forum..... :)

By context:

I Corinthians 6: 12 - 20

12 “All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be dominated by anything. 13 “Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Clearly, it is sexual immorality which defiles the body in this passage, not smoking.....

The Word does not speak as to whether Jesus would have smoked or not....The Word does not speak as to whether He would approve of my smoking....IT DOES speak loudly and clearly on the things He does NOT condone.....

It does not hurt my sharing of the Gospel with smokers.... :P

I Corinthians 9: 19 - 23

19 For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law. 21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. 23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.

Please take any further religious discussion to a thread in the Religion Forum..... :)

No. I am done. I knew "your" answer before I sent the first time. Ha. Classic COC. Good day.

No. I was serious. As a cop you know the questions are never difficult, it is the answers that get us every time. Ha.

I will not say I do not believe you, but I will say that is very difficult to believe. But it leads me to wonder, let's say you would say exactly that, should a cop take that power for himself? How do you decide what laws to enforce and which to not? Your own personal set of values? Also, what would your superiors say about such a practice? Would it change depending on who was present? I mean, small children, underage kids, only one person, multiple people.

Very interesting!

1) An officer has the right of discretion in law enforcement. Since there are no victims per se to file charges, it would be up to me. Yes. It can be based on my personal values. Warnings, as you already know, are a very large part of law enforcement. More than 80% of our traffic stops result in warnings (that's just at my agency, but that can change from one place to another...some agencies use it to make money for their city councils).

2) Some supervisors may like it, some may not. Ultimately though, it's my decision. No, I would not change my decision based on who I was standing next to.

3) If it was a child, I would call their parents and let them handle it. Kids using drugs are an upbringing issue. They need to be raised by their parents.

4) One person, 7 people? It doesn't matter.

If they are selling it, I have an issue, because they are pushing it onto kids regardless of their parents wishes.

Give me a break dave. It's time to stop with the wait and see game. We have waited and we have seen the results of the so called "war on drugs". Wasn't it during Nixon's presidency we started the "war on drugs"? I cannot count that many years back.

The black market exists regardless. It exists in alcohol, tobacco, weapons, bullets...any number of things. Allow citizens to grow marijuana or hemp. Why even get the pharmicist involved? He is busy dispensing chemicals for mind control, marathon sex and statins that are destroying our livers.

My solution is far too simple among a nation that always has to have a jack booted thug waiting to plant the boot in someone's head because they don't like something. Time is wasting away with the so called "war on drugs". How many years? It is time to get on with legalization and get out of the Reeefer Madness dupe. We can speculate until the world freezes. Why?

You want to talk about burdens on prison systems, that is what you have now as a result of the so called "war on drugs". And as far as burdens on the health care system, need I mention alcohol consumption again? Remember Betty Ford? Many, many others.

I can see that you have a subscription to High Times. I realize many people have a problem with alcohol, should we compound the problem with legalizing another intoxicant ? Why not legalize all intoxicants not just marijuana, why does it have to be just marijuana ? Because it's your drug of choice ? When does it stop ? "Magic" mushrooms can be found in many cow pastures across East Texas, it's natural so should we make it legal ?

I realize that you want to smoke your weed in peace, without any fear of prosecution. The easiest way to do that is grow it in your closet at home, and smoke it at home. It's illegal, but unless you have nosy guests in your home, you're probably not going to be caught. Your problem is solved. So kick back, put some Bob Marley on and relax.

Ok, pull out the stats my friend. I've read them all. Alcohol is the gateway drug if you want to start comparing. You have taken the bait of propaganda that started long ago in the late 20's , early 30's. What leads to alcohol abuse and "other drugs" is the PERSON. None of this is forced on anyone. Each individual ultimately makes his/her own decision about every aspect of life.

Don't need stats. I've seen it first hand

I am afraid that you are incorrect. I worked at a drug treament center for quite a long time. I talked to hundreds and hundreds of kids in the program. Pot was usually their drug of choice, but it was not the drug that got them started. Almost to a patient, his/her first drug was liquor. Most started sneaking drinks from their parents legal supply. Most of the parents were not pot or drug users.

You are misinterpreting me. I never said it was the first drug. I said it leads to other drugs....and it DOES. I have worked with youth myself and I have seen it. Sorry bro, you're wrong

I can see that you have a subscription to High Times. I realize many people have a problem with alcohol, should we compound the problem with legalizing another intoxicant ? Why not legalize all intoxicants not just marijuana, why does it have to be just marijuana ? Because it's your drug of choice ? When does it stop ? "Magic" mushrooms can be found in many cow pastures across East Texas, it's natural so should we make it legal ?

I realize that you want to smoke your weed in peace, without any fear of prosecution. The easiest way to do that is grow it in your closet at home, and smoke it at home. It's illegal, but unless you have nosy guests in your home, you're probably not going to be caught. Your problem is solved. So kick back, put some Bob Marley on and relax.

Lmao!! Very nice Dave

DaveTV1, on 13 Feb 2013 - 18:17, said:snapback.png

I do like your ideal of kicking back but not with Bob Marley maybe

No. I am done. I knew "your" answer before I sent the first time. Ha. Classic COC. Good day.

You should have known the answer...we don't allow personal prejudice or personal preference to enter the equation...we go by what was revealed to us by God.....if He was silent on the issue, we are silent on the issue...now if you'd like to start a thread in the aforementioned Religion Forum and show me Scripturally where smoking is condemned as a sin, please feel free to do so...... :P

DaveTV1, on 13 Feb 2013 - 18:17, said:snapback.png

I do like your ideal of kicking back but not with Bob Marley maybe

I'm starting to like you, wildthang!

I'll pass on Marley as well and kick back with this one:

The Holy Spirit resides inside of us making our body His temple. Anything you do to destroy the Holy Spirit's temple could be considered sin-like....right?

Matthew 15: 10 - 20

10 And he called the people to him and said to them, “Hear and understand: 11 it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” 12 Then the disciples came and said to him, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?” 13 He answered, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be rooted up. 14 Let them alone; they are blind guides. And if the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” 15 But Peter said to him, “Explain the parable to us.” 16 And he said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? 18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. 20 These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.”

• Mr. P changed the title to DOPEHEADS