🌿 "DOPEHEADS!"

parentofredheads

I've no clue why you would make a comment like that having absolutley nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Explain your absurd comparison. We are not talking about child or sexual abuse. That was a weird one Immortal.

It was an analogy not a comparison. Maybe not a great one but basically the point is that just because you disagree about something being illegal doesn't mean it should be legalized.

It's bad and that's the bottom line. All you dopers need to just smoke your little doobies in private and quit trying to push that poop on the rest of us.

Not resorting to anything. Dope is bad....plenty of valid reasons given in this thread. Dopeheads will never agree because they're too busy being high lmao

...and you should have stuck to THAT line instead of bringing the irrelevancy into the debate to try to win points.....that' don't work with all the brain power we have riding the waves at SDC..... :P

It was an analogy not a comparison. Maybe not a great one but basically the point is that just because you disagree about something being illegal doesn't mean it should be legalized.

It's bad and that's the bottom line. All you dopers need to just smoke your little doobies in private and quit trying to push that poop on the rest of us.

I don't think anyone is trying to push anything on anyone. He/she is saying there should be no legal consquences for something that should have never been illegal in the first place.

Good enough for me.

It shouldn't be. Once again, you have just witnessed what COC do so well. Justify their beliefs. Nothing in Romans mentions the "constitution." Their interpretation is of men. Men in the COC have done the interpretations of the interpretations to get the results they wish to "believe."

i am allergic to every soap, lotion, and have been for years. i found at bath and body some "hemp" lotion. it was the only thing that did not break me out or make me itch. a police officer came in my office (for another reason, we had had a break in) shortly after i had used it and recognized the smell. checked it and found it ok. unfortunately the next week it was gone from bath and body. can't find it anywhere now, and i'll be damned if you will get my rope. it should have never been illegal for adult use. yes i smoked in college, pretty heavily, over 35 years ago. never went to harder stuff and quit the day i walked across the stage. so take that "leads to other drugs, always addictive, and no good use" and stick it. oh and yeah i'm retired now but i ran 2 different agencies for years, raised/raising 4 sons; taught Sunday school, missions, sang in the choir, participated in a ton of civic groups and have never been called "a detriment to society" or a "druggie". so there.

It shouldn't be. Once again, you have just witnessed what COC do so well. Justify their beliefs. Nothing in Romans mentions the "constitution." Their interpretation is of men. Men in the COC have done the interpretations of the interpretations to get the results they wish to "believe."

He justified HIS beliefs. Which is good enough for me. He did nothing to justify MY beliefs, but I require no man to have to justify my beliefs.

Therefore I can assume because you disagree with legalization marijuana should be illegal? Are you actually comprehending the hypocrisy you write? And have you forgotten the original point of the thread , the fact hemp was "outlawed" because of what reasons?

Sorry hares. I really think you're smarter than this. My position is that it should be illegal because it's bad. It's bad for adults, but especially bad for kids. It DOES lead to other drugs and that is a fact. It might not be a gateway drug for ALL who have ever used it, but to argue that marijuana users don't often switch to harder drugs to get a bigger high is just plain stupid. Please spare me the rhetoric that it's harmless. I'm damn sure not going to risk my children by advocating the legalization of that garbage.

I don't think anyone is trying to push anything on anyone. He/she is saying there should be no legal consquences for something that should have never been illegal in the first place.

Well that's how I see it Locutus. By legalizing pot, more kids will end up trying/doing it, which will lead to more kids doing other drugs when the marijuana high isn't enough anymore. Sorry potheads need to just stfu and smoke that #### in the privacy of their homes and leave it at that.

so glad you will be making sure your kiddies don't drink and drive even when they are 35. that's bad for em too but you honestly don't think you're gonna control it, right? give it a rest, prohibition proved that more U.S. adults choose to drink alcohol and still do. not my thing but others kill with it. Fla A & M band, fraternity parties, and just plain folk coming from super bowl parties, or from the corner bar after "1" beer. the point is that "weed" is no more intoxicating or addictive than alcohol. thank you.

so glad you will be making sure your kiddies don't drink and drive even when they are 35. that's bad for em too but you honestly don't think you're gonna control it, right? give it a rest, prohibition proved that more U.S. adults choose to drink alcohol and still do. not my thing but others kill with it. Fla A & M band, fraternity parties, and just plain folk coming from super bowl parties, or from the corner bar after "1" beer. the point is that "weed" is no more intoxicating or addictive than alcohol. thank you.

Legalizing pot= more kids doing it = more kids doing other harder drugs = bad idea

Sorry. Try again :)

most of those, not all, but most are chemicals, not naturally growing weeds. the mushrooms used to be prevalent in cow fields, after rains, due to certain feed but maybe still are, don't know. yes yes immortal but i did have friends in college way back there they showed em to me. you can still buy cough medicine in europe with codiene without a prescription. it's funny that we don't want the high and mighty government to control guns or property here but you do want them to control what's in your weed patch. as to legalize weed='s idiot strain. as i said get a life. that line could be true of smoking tobacco to start with, or driving=faster=drunk=kill=dead. see i can do it too. everything you and yours do in life leads to something else. you can't say ONE thing will lead directly to another. how many non weed smoking folks have gotten addicted to LEGAL pain killers after surgery or accident and became "druggies" searching out more powerful drugs. Immortal give it a rest you have no leg to stand on with the = signs. no proof and too much proof of other bad things. sit at home and ignore the real world.

Romans 13: 1 - 7

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

GOVERNING AUTHORITIES in the United States of America = The Constitution......no interpretation required, anyone who reads English on an elementary level can comprehend what the Holy Spirit meant in this passage..... :P

Sorry hares. I really think you're smarter than this. My position is that it should be illegal because it's bad. It's bad for adults, but especially bad for kids. It DOES lead to other drugs and that is a fact. It might not be a gateway drug for ALL who have ever used it, but to argue that marijuana users don't often switch to harder drugs to get a bigger high is just plain stupid. Please spare me the rhetoric that it's harmless. I'm damn sure not going to risk my children by advocating the legalization of that garbage.

By your logic, then, just about everything we do should be illegal....red meat causes cancer, ban it.....tobacco causes cancer, ban it.....alcohol is worse than pot, ban it.....people are hurt playing football, ban it....your logic leads to a lot of other things which are bad, and should be banned, if taken to the extreme.....

....I'm defending The Constitution...... :P

I could concede your point here if it were only the feds that were making mrijuana illegal. If the Constitution were being followed to the letter however, it would be an issue only addressable by the State governement. As it is, that is what is enforeced 99.9% of the time in marijuana cases. What's your argument regarding the State making it illegal?

I could concede your point here if it were only the feds that were making mrijuana illegal. If the Constitution were being followed to the letter however, it would be an issue only addressable by the State governement. As it is, that is what is enforeced 99.9% of the time in marijuana cases. What's your argument regarding the State making it illegal?

The TENTH AMENDMENT leaves this decision to the states, and if a state chooses to make it illegal, so be it...if a state chooses to legalize it, so be it....the FEDS have no Constitutional authority to do anything on this issue....of course, that has never stopped the tyrannical despots from trying.....

The TENTH AMENDMENT leaves this decision to the states, and if a state chooses to make it illegal, so be it...if a state chooses to legalize it, so be it....the FEDS have no Constitutional authority to do anything on this issue....of course, that has never stopped the tyrannical despots from trying.....

That's what I was saying in my post. So I gather that you don't care if it's legal or illegal, only that it's the State government's say so? If that's what you're saying, I completely agree with you. Fortunately for you, feds don't make many pot busts. It's almost exclusively State laws that are used in those arrests.

That's what I was saying in my post. So I gather that you don't care if it's legal or illegal, only that it's the State government's say so? If that's what you're saying, I completely agree with you. Fortunately for you, feds don't make many pot busts. It's almost exclusively State laws that are used in those arrests.

So we are in agreement.... :lol: And the feds have stated that states do not have the right to legalize it, which is a BLATANT lie and a BLATANT violation of the TENTH AMENDMENT......

• Mr. P changed the title to DOPEHEADS