New Boston job is open

dillonpanthers

Not specific to any one school here on Smoaky but good advice from Proactive Coaching.....Avoid taking a coaching job where there has been a revolving door of coaches. Either you have administrators who don’t know how to hire the right people or you have administrators who hire the right people but bail out when it comes to supporting them. Many schools with “parent problems” are really just schools with “administrative problems”.

For what it's worth Oleman, I agree on Nick York from Celina. This guy needs a chance and would be a good fit. There won't be any slackers in the weight room or else they'll have to go change their schedule with the principal. Same with conditioning. Your kids won't be gasping for air in the 4th quarter.

Saw this quote from Proactive coaching last night and man, does it hit the nail on the head!!

Not specific to any one school here on Smoaky but good advice from Proactive Coaching.....Avoid taking a coaching job where there has been a revolving door of coaches. Either you have administrators who dont know how to hire the right people or you have administrators who hire the right people but bail out when it comes to supporting them. Many schools with parent problems are really just schools with administrative problems.

For what it's worth Oleman, I agree on Nick York from Celina. This guy needs a chance and would be a good fit. There won't be any slackers in the weight room or else they'll have to go change their schedule with the principal. Same with conditioning. Your kids won't be gasping for air in the 4th quarter.

Trust me, Coach York will get his chance and he will win, but more importantly he will instill character and work ethic in his players. Sorry for you loss NB. As always, too short sighted.

Carry on.

I don't know if that's the case or not.

I do know that there are always going to be guys that probably could get interviews and don't....For whatever reason. I also know that there are situations where a person gets a head job and it is a head scratcher.

Bottom line is 1)no one really KNOWS what an interview committee is looking for, and 2)it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get an AD-HFC job. Some guys get them that might not deserve them and some great guys never get a shot.

I don't know if that's the case or not.

I do know that there are always going to be guys that probably could get interviews and don't....For whatever reason. I also know that there are situations where a person gets a head job and it is a head scratcher.

Bottom line is 1)no one really KNOWS what an interview committee is looking for, and 2)it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get an AD-HFC job. Some guys get them that might not deserve them and some great guys never get a shot.

It is when guys get jobs that cannot get a punt team coached up in state championship games that makes me scratch my head. LOL