New Boston job is open

dillonpanthers

No doubt....but you see it a lot these days. That is why so many jobs open every two years. That, and people that THINK they know how an athletic department should be run won't get out of the way of those that KNOW how it should be run. It isn't a magic formula. That's why you see so many similarities between programs that are always successful, and it is also why you see the same places have a revolving door for their AD-HFC positions.

No that guy sucked! I meant the OTHER guy

LOL....

I pray they look at true qualification and at least an OV or SDC from a winning program. No second time around guy. New blood who knows how to get the kids inspired to work during the off season. Set minimum standards to start at any position. I don't care if the O line averages 175 ifthey bring heart and does what it takes to help themselves. I have seen some 275 to 300 lb seniors that needed to be bumped to JV. I suspect they set in their game chairs eating twinkys all summer

Oleman...Sent you a pm

seethe connection. Following them since 78 stood behind my son in the late 80's. he had no fear. An today he now takes care of his teen agers and they both are loaded with charter. So proud of him as a parent. Both girls are better shots than their dad. Especially the baby. TH has had an interest in her as a 7th grader in soccer. She does the travel team thing. Going back to charter I handed it to him and he is teaching. You have to earn the respect of others. Assss wholes may win short term but not on judgement day. Bottom line charter is taught at home at an early age

Yes sir. As I stated...I think that's awesome. Trying to instill those same values in my son and daughters.

U I'll always have issues with kids. The key is living a life they respect. I doesn't matter how much money you have but what kind of family you have. One bad parent can distroy it all. Tough to do these days. Without the Lord your chances are slim. I did with one and not so good with the other. They all have a mind of their own and they still have choices to make. In that case you have no choice but hand it over to the Lord. Most families have to deal with it. No slam on the parents. Just human nature. If raised right most will come back home. I have surely learned the hard way. I do say they character learned from u will in the end win

I pray they look at true qualification and at least an OV or SDC from a winning program. No second time around guy. New blood who knows how to get the kids inspired to work during the off season. Set minimum standards to start at any position. I don't care if the O line averages 175 ifthey bring heart and does what it takes to help themselves. I have seen some 275 to 300 lb seniors that needed to be bumped to JV. I suspect they set in their game chairs eating twinkys all summer

I will agree with this. My kid was a very small O lineman. He had no problem with a much heavier NB player the last two years. Coaching and conditioning. Josh knew Coach Gentry doesn't mess around. He better not miss a work out and he better get after it.

• Like 1

Ole... Definitely a matter of turning things over to the Lord, doing the best you can, and then offering a lot of prayer.

No different coaching kids. You set expectations, guide them, and then try to build a relationship to help them buy in!

OPC...It ain't the size of the dog in the fight...Lol. one of the best nose guards I ever coached was 5'10 and 170 soaking wet. He had one speed....Fast! And, was meaner than a rattle snake. Always drew a double team....Most times unsuccessfully. I've won a lot of ball games with kids that weren't "the best athletes". A lot of coaches have! Heck....Look at Argyle the last several years. Or Crawford this year.

Argyle has plenty of athletes. Football, basketball, baseball, all girls sports pretty darn good.

i dont really understand why every predominantly white school gets compared to Argyle?

it only fits if they have a ton of money to go with it

Argyle is similar to Southlake of old. Newer area and folks are flocking to Argyle. I remember when Argyle was a very small 2a school not very long ago. Now they may move up a class next re-alignment.

My pt is NB and Argyle are like night and day.

Whoever the SB and Supt needs to give them 100 % support. That goes for the community as well. Parants and their influence needs to stay in the stands even if little Johnny is not a starter. Always play the best player if they follow the rules laid down by the staff

In a special called meeting tonight, the New Boston ISD School Board voted to hire Coach Craig Fant as the district's Athletic Director.

Coach Fant has recently been serving as the Offensive Coordinator for the Atlanta Rabbits in Cass County.

Fant was instrumental in guiding the Rabbs offense as they made a run deep into the state playoffs last season.

Look for more on the story in Wednesday's print editionof the Tribune.

• Like 1