Ian Kinsler Thoughts On Dominican and Puerto Rican Players

Stoney

Didn't Ian have a great game vs Puerto Rico in the WBC finals?

Sure! But who is the better player in the long run? Javier is the best infielder with a glove I've ever seen and I'm old. Like Kruk said " he should be the best that's ever played". Right now Ian is a little better with the stick but it's not a contest with any other part of the game!

Bottom line Ian is Jelly!

Sure! But who is the better player in the long run? Javier is the best infielder with a glove I've ever seen and I'm old. Like Kruk said " he should be the best that's ever played". Right now Ian is a little better with the stick but it's not a contest with any other part of the game!

That's a bold statement, considering the guy is only 24. Best infielder I've ever seen with my own eyes is no doubt Ozzie Smith. Other guys with consideration: Robbie Alomar, Omar Vizquel, Ryne sandberg, etc,...

That's a bold statement, considering the guy is only 24. Best infielder I've ever seen with my own eyes is no doubt Ozzie Smith. Other guys with consideration: Robbie Alomar, Omar Vizquel, Ryne sandberg, etc,...

He has the best hands I've ever seen! It's crazy how he tags. I honestly think he will be the GOAT if he keeps his nose clean. Take a look....He makes bad throws look good..

I don't necessarily have a problem with the excessive emotion and celebrating. I take issue with pitchers not being allowed to retaliate, leave baseball alone, and stop making stupid rules.

If Bautista wants to flip the bat up to the rafters, that's fine. Just don't eject Syndergard for putting seam marks on him his next AB.

Javier Baez - major league service time of 1.09 years

Ian Kinsler - major league service time of 11 years

Baez has a looooooooooooong way before he is Ian Kinsler.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the excessive emotion and celebrating. I take issue with pitchers not being allowed to retaliate, leave baseball alone, and stop making stupid rules.

If Bautista wants to flip the bat up to the rafters, that's fine. Just don't eject Syndergard for putting seam marks on him his next AB.

Brawny, the pitcher throws one at the batter knowing the ejection is coming. The coach and team knows and generally already have someone warm and ready to replace him... I don't think that part of the game has changed. The MLB fining and suspending these guys is the bigger issue/

Javier Baez - major league service time of 1.09 years

Ian Kinsler - major league service time of 11 years

Baez has a looooooooooooong way before he is Ian Kinsler.

I agree he has some catching up to do with the stick but it's not even a close race in the other talent and fundamentals department.