⚾ ASTROS 2017 REGULAR SEASON THREAD ⚾

RETIREDFAN1

The lads don't seem to be striking out as much, either........(read with a heavy British accent....lol )

That's a good thing. I'd rather the ball be in play to at least have a chance to move runners or make a bad hop in our favor. Striking out just gives other teams an easy out. That's what killed us last year in my opinion.

Astros 2-0

Strangers 0-2

Life is good ... :)

I hope it only gets better. I don't know about this Charlie Morton cat that we picked up. He's never had a great year with any team. He's 33 and he's had one winning season in his 9 years prior. He must have shown some stuff in Spring Training to be the #3. I'm sort of worried about tonight, we need the bats to come really alive, because I think we'll need at least 5 runs with his 4.54 era career average. We've only scored 5 runs in the first two games.

I hope it only gets better. I don't know about this Charlie Morton cat that we picked up. He's never had a great year with any team. He's 33 and he's had one winning season in his 9 years prior. He must have shown some stuff in Spring Training to be the #3. I'm sort of worried about tonight, we need the bats to come really alive, because I think we'll need at least 5 runs with his 4.54 era career average. We've only scored 5 runs in the first two games.

The thing to remember about Morton is he won't be the #3 all year. McHugh will likely be the #3 when/if he gets healthy. Morton will either go into the bullpen or everyone will drop back a spot, Morton goes to #4 and Musgrove goes to #5 with Fiers going to the bullpen.

The thing to remember about Morton is he won't be the #3 all year. McHugh will likely be the #3 when/if he gets healthy. Morton will either go into the bullpen or everyone will drop back a spot, Morton goes to #4 and Musgrove goes to #5 with Fiers going to the bullpen.

If he keeps pitching like this, Morton will move to #4 and Fiers to the pen...........

They got it tied.....but very disappointing to see Bregman & Altuve leave the go ahead run on. Was definitely expecting more offense from this team. A downer so far, but the pitching has been excellent

You used to gripe at me when I got that kind of attitude........:p

Got another rally working in the 8th.......

• Like 1