⚾ ASTROS 2017 REGULAR SEASON THREAD ⚾

RETIREDFAN1

And Beltran makes it a perfect night at 0-4 and kills the 9th inning rally. What a shock. There is just no substitute for a DH hitting .230 :)

The DH (IMO) is the single biggest glaring weakness of this team along with a left handed reliever. I understand why we got Beltran because of his veteran presence. Now Hinch refuses to remove him from that spot eventhough he is obviously a liability. Is it about winning or not ??? Most of us have been hollering about this for the past 1/2 of the season. Evidently it will NOT be changed.

And Beltran makes it a perfect night at 0-4 and kills the 9th inning rally. What a shock. There is just no substitute for a DH hitting .230 :)

The DH (IMO) is the single biggest glaring weakness of this team along with a left handed reliever. I understand why we got Beltran because of his veteran presence. Now Hinch refuses to remove him from that spot eventhough he is obviously a liability. Is it about winning or not ??? Most of us have been hollering about this for the past 1/2 of the season. Evidently it will NOT be changed.

We have some problems that is for sure, Correa, Springer & Altuve are not hitting right now, Correa has not hit since the DL and Springer also. Both of them was hitting over .300 and both have now fallen below .300 and falling steady. I am hoping their bats will come alive in the next few games but right now they can't buy a hit unless the bases are empty with two outs.

Wow. Talk about revisionist history. You were one ready to trade everything for Garcia who would have been a disaster. I was never against a trade. Just not what was available for price being asked. We ended up getting the best for a fraction of the cost thanks to Lunhow waiting. Quintana, Gray, and Garcia all cost more than Verlander in prospects & he is by FAR the better pitcher. Even Darvish brought way too much for a 3 month rental.

IMO Lunhow showed himself to be a genius. Maybe he lucked into it......but it happened