Arp Coach resigns.

Crankshaft

It would be interesting to see the text that was texted?

This is one reason why I am not a big fan of texting students to begin with.

If the guy is guilty he is guilty, but the word inappropriate is broad in its scope of meaning. Also one mother can be just as inappropriate as a text.

Resigning affords the opportunity to "pass the trash."

If the allegations are true then he will lose his teacher certification and not be able to receive a coaching job anywhere in the state of Texas. I hope you are just using a phrase and not calling this man trashy without proof that he did the things he is accused of.

None of us know exactly what was texted. It could have been crude language or sexually explicit. With him resigning, it makes them sound guilty in my opinion. I would want to clear my name, and I'd never use that type of language to text anyone again. If it was the later then of course they're guilty in my opinion. If I was a teacher I would never text or e-mail a student. There's too much risk for them to be tampered with or misconstrued. Until I know exactly what was texted he's not guilty until proven so.

None of us know exactly what was texted. It could have been crude language or sexually explicit. With him resigning, it makes them sound guilty in my opinion. I would want to clear my name, and I'd never use that type of language to text anyone again. If it was the later then of course they're guilty in my opinion. If I was a teacher I would never text or e-mail a student. There's too much risk for them to be tampered with or misconstrued. Until I know exactly what was texted he's not guilty until proven so.

Dave coaches pretty much have to text to get info out to players now day

But the group me app option is the best way to do this

Do they stil do the parents contact info in athletics? I can see contacting the parents in a group text or Facebook post or something before ever going to a students personal cell or Facebook. Like Coach Herm said "don't hit send!!!"

Do they stil do the parents contact info in athletics? I can see contacting the parents in a group text or Facebook post or something before ever going to a students personal cell or Facebook. Like Coach Herm said "don't hit send!!!"

How many parents care about their kids football unless the kid "could go pro"

• Like 2

Dave coaches pretty much have to text to get info out to players now day

But the group me app option is the best way to do this

I never had a coach call me or anything back in the day. They would send out letters for when two a days were going to start, but they never called. If they wanted to address you personally they would call you to their office, but usually they said what needed to be said in front of the team. I don't see a need to text. If it was to a player, and this guy was like my coaches it might have been profanity and the parents are mad about the use of it. We still don't know, so I can only guess what it might be about.

• Like 1

I never had a coach call me or anything back in the day. They would send out letters for when two a days were going to start, but they never called. If they wanted to address you personally they would call you to their office, but usually they said what needed to be said in front of the team. I don't see a need to text. If it was to a player, and this guy was like my coaches it might have been profanity and the parents are mad about the use of it. We still don't know, so I can only guess what it might be about.

It is a different time nowadays. How often are you on your phone outside of work hours?

I'm on my phone maybe a total of 3-5 minutes a day. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of it, because I don't need it.

I need your job. I am never not working. Constant emails, calendar situations, personnel stuff.

Back in the day, kids knew games were Tuesday or Friday, track meets were Saturday, etc. Things change all the time now. They always have their phones. It makes sense. I do know if I coached girls, I would not text them. I would use Twitter or something else. Boys are a lot safer for guys, most of the time.

I need your job. I am never not working. Constant emails, calendar situations, personnel stuff.

Back in the day, kids knew games were Tuesday or Friday, track meets were Saturday, etc. Things change all the time now. They always have their phones. It makes sense. I do know if I coached girls, I would not text them. I would use Twitter or something else. Boys are a lot safer for guys, most of the time.

I got out of management 10 years ago almost to the day, and I hated it because of the constant calls. My assistants should have known how to handle any situation without my decision. The only time I called my employees was if they were more than 15 minutes late for work. If that happened more than once, they were terminated. If a kid needs a text for when a game or practice is then they need to be kicked off the team. Sometimes we'd have practice on Saturday if we didn't perform well in a game, but that was told to us after the game on Thursday or Friday either after the game or on Friday in Jr. High. I still don't see a need for texting in this day and age. I don't even think that teachers should be facebook friends with students. I don't mind after they graduate, because I'm friends with a few coaches back in the day. It only leads to situations such as this. We've seen stupid teachers get fired from their jobs for posting political leanings.

As I've said, I don't know if the student was male or female or what was contained in the text. I just know that this coach resigned for something that had to be bad. You just don't quit your job, unless you know you're in the wrong or you hate your job. If it was sexual in nature, and I'm beginning to think it wasn't because he hasn't been arrested, then it's a huge issue. That will be dealt with by the courts, and he'll never teach again. Until I hear that news this is just the way I'm going to see it.

I fully agree teachers/coaches should not be Facebook friends. Twitter is a different animal. Students and athletes can follow coaches on school related twitter accounts. Coaches can follow them back just to see if they are doing stupid #### to ruin recruiting. Also, you can get your athletes out there for recruiters.

Texting is just the way it is now. My point was things change constantly now, it's not like when we were in school. If it rained it was canceled, and you found out the next day. Now, there are times where events can be pushed back just a couple of hours or sites changed. It is just a different world. It's here, and it's not going away. There are group text apps that can be used also. It is just how kids communicate.

• Like 1

I fully agree teachers/coaches should not be Facebook friends. Twitter is a different animal. Students and athletes can follow coaches on school related twitter accounts. Coaches can follow them back just to see if they are doing stupid #### to ruin recruiting. Also, you can get your athletes out there for recruiters.

Texting is just the way it is now. My point was things change constantly now, it's not like when we were in school. If it rained it was canceled, and you found out the next day. Now, there are times where events can be pushed back just a couple of hours or sites changed. It is just a different world. It's here, and it's not going away. There are group text apps that can be used also. It is just how kids communicate.

I always showed up when it was raining, because I loved to play in the mud. While it never snowed during football season while I was playing, we would get neighborhood kids to play football when it snowed. Of course it was all tackle then, because no one ever got hurt even though the passing game was taken out. Never thought to play baseball in the snow, because even grounders would be like bunts. I suppose I'm like John Madden on playing in inclement weather.

With all of these smart phones out now, there are apps such as Team App that could be used to post updates and messages. It works really good and is cool. This incident bothers me because the coach is a boys coach, so there is no need for him to have females phone numbers to start with. This incident is not the first either, only the first with black and white evidence.

I think this is turning into a different discussion. Regardless of the platform, coaches/teachers/staff/adults should not be having inappropriate contact and conversations with students. These issues are much more about the person involved than the platform or media being used.

I think this is turning into a different discussion. Regardless of the platform, coaches/teachers/staff/adults should not be having inappropriate contact and conversations with students. These issues are much more about the person involved than the platform or media being used.

True