17-5A Spring/Summer Football

Nacwagons

Now that we are well into spring and past Easter, let's get the district talk rolling.

Who has what coming back??

Ennis, Corsicana, Whitehouse and Jacksonville represented the district last year.

What do we think for 2017 Football season? Who improves, who doesn't, who suprises??

Nac's most notable losses among others are QB-Hildabrand, RB-Phillip Jones and CB/S Josh Thompson to Graduation.

Nac's Schedule

John Tyler-Away-Scrimmage

Kilgore-AWAY

Lufkin-Away

Tyler Lee-Home

Hallsville-Home

Gilmore-Away

Lindale-Home

Corsicana-Home

Whitehouse-Away

Ennis-Home

Jacksonville-Away

After last year starting off so promising to finish the way we did, there is no way I could predict right now, us finishing any higher than we did in 2016. Once we see the spring game that could change.

• 4 weeks later...

Nac's spring game is set for next week!! It is looking like a very young inexperienced offense with a good defense this year for Nac.

QB and O-Line is the biggest area of concern. Unfortunately I fear it is going to be a long ugly season for the Dragons this year.

My WAY too early predictions based on returning players and info I have heard from friends/coaches from around the district.

1.Ennis

2.Jacksonville

3.Whitehouse

4.Corsicana

5.Lindale

6.Nac

We will have to replace 15 starters on offense and defense. Our quarterback, who was the district's sophomore of the year, is returning. Got to find a running back, recievers, and improve the offensive line IMO was the worst I seen in years.So with all we have to replace, I don't know what's in store this season. I'll give the edge to Ennis to win the district. Not familiar with other teams have returning.

1. Ennis

2. Nac

3. Cana

4. Jacksonville

5. Whitehouse

6. Lindale

We will have to replace 15 starters on offense and defense. Our quarterback, who was the district's sophomore of the year, is returning. Got to find a running back, recievers, and improve the offensive line IMO was the worst I seen in years.So with all we have to replace, I don't know what's in store this season. I'll give the edge to Ennis to win the district. Not familiar with other teams have returning.

1. Ennis

2. Nac

3. Cana

4. Jacksonville

5. Whitehouse

6. Lindale

How does Ennis look for this upcoming season in 2017?

As of now Na.c is not in the conversation for one of the top 4 spots. Finishing where we did with the talent last year, doesn't give me a lot of hope for this year. This of course could change after the team starts back in the fall. Based sole on what I have seen this spring combine with our returners. Our defense is going to spend a lot of time on the field.

Whitehouse has a lot coming back and Jacksonville is returning their QB for his senior season.

As of now Na.c is not in the conversation for one of the top 4 spots. Finishing where we did with the talent last year, doesn't give me a lot of hope for this year. This of course could change after the team starts back in the fall. Based sole on what I have seen this spring combine with our returners. Our defense is going to spend a lot of time on the field.

Whitehouse has a lot coming back and Jacksonville is returning their QB for his senior season.

As you know, JT will be scrimmaging Nac again this fall in Tyler. Do you see any stand outs?

As you know, JT will be scrimmaging Nac again this fall in Tyler. Do you see any stand outs?

Nac has a junior LB that the coaches say is their next D1 player and 2 sophomores in the secondary that have a lot of talent.

Offense will be a work in progress.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...