Boxing

Cougar12345

MMA. I still feel like I grew up in the Golden Age of Heavyweight Boxing, but it went way down hill after Tyson. It still hasn't recovered. I would almost say the 70's and early 80's had the best boxing matches of all time. Back then it wasn't pay per view either, and there were great fights almost every week from the various classes. I really miss those days, because I rarely watch it at all today. Just look at this list and the majority of the Greatest Matches ever were in the 70's and 80's. http://www.esnewsreporting.com/best-fights-all-time/

MMA. I still feel like I grew up in the Golden Age of Heavyweight Boxing, but it went way down hill after Tyson. It still hasn't recovered. I would almost say the 70's and early 80's had the best boxing matches of all time. Back then it wasn't pay per view either, and there were great fights almost every week from the various classes. I really miss those days, because I rarely watch it at all today. Just look at this list and the majority of the Greatest Matches ever were in the 70's and 80's. http://www.esnewsreporting.com/best-fights-all-time/

All of the good fights were on HBO and showtime and the occasional Main TV event

All of the good fights were on HBO and showtime and the occasional Main TV event

In the late 80's, but not in the 70's and early 80's. Most of those were on the Wide World of Sports or the Pabst Blue Ribbon Friday/Saturday night fights. Most of the great fights I remember from the 70's were either on ABC or NBC. Most of them were on ABC via satellite. I know that moving the fights to HBO and pay per view increased the purses, but it also led to less viewers. Tyson upset many of the pay per view audiences by knocking out opponents in the first round. Why are you going to spend a lot of money on a fight if it only lasts a round ? I see boxing going away in the next 30 years simply because of the cost of pay per view.

• 2 months later...

^ I agree, it was a terrible decision by the judges.. It makes me wonder if these so called "judges" are that unqualified or are they just corrupt. Anybody with just a basic knowledge of boxing would have declared Pacquiao the winner, it wasn't even that close ...