The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goldmember

Meador out in Lindale

No rumors or any hearsay information will be allowed here.

Saw a Dave Campbell's article where Matt Stepp thinks they'll hire within due to the timing. Not sure when the next board meeting is. Probably soon.

Has anyone heard anything? If they were staying in house don't you think it would be done? I heard they interviewed last week.

• Like 1

heard the harleton coach name and lindale in the same sentence the other day. Dont think it was stopping there just to eat. Could be wrong.

heard the harleton coach name and lindale in the same sentence the other day. Dont think it was stopping there just to eat. Could be wrong.

He had a hard 1st year at Harleton, but very impressive record before then.

6-6 first year,2-8 second year, not same caliber of athletes he had at other place,plus moving up to 3a

6-6 first year,2-8 second year, not same caliber of athletes he had at other place,plus moving up to 3a

Smoaky's historical section has it listed that this was his 1st year. 2015 as Jackie Lloyd. Guess maybe it was never updated?

They had to move up to 3A into one of the the toughest if not the toughest 3A D2 district in the state.

Has anyone heard anything? If they were staying in house don't you think it would be done? I heard they interviewed last week.

I thought they would announce something sooner. Figured they would stay in house, but maybe not since it's taken awhile.

I think there is a board meeting tonight. Nobody that I know has heard of a name that they are taking to the board. Interesting times in Lindale.

I think there is a board meeting tonight. Nobody that I know has heard of a name that they are taking to the board. Interesting times in Lindale.

From what I saw online the board meeting is at 5:30.

Maya Golden is reporting that defensive coordinator Chris Cochran has been named Lindale's new football coach. However, Mike Meador has not officially resigned and has one year left on his contract as the AD. He may remain on in Lindale as the AD.