Cracking down on athlete transfers

@usatodayhss: Ga. looks to crack down on athlete transfers with help from private investigators https://t.co/pb6kquOMqd

I can see this happening in Texas as in private investigators.

I know of a case where an individual paid for a private investigator and protested a transfer of a Freshman QB. I only heard of the PI once, however this individual reported the QB to the UIL for all four years of High School.

@usatodayhss: Ga. looks to crack down on athlete transfers with help from private investigators https://t.co/pb6kquOMqd

I can see this happening in Texas as in private investigators.

If you decide to go this route MBG, give me a holler. We'll partner up. I'm thinking we could clean up down here, on just 4 or 5 schools that come to mind. :)

If you decide to go this route MBG, give me a holler. We'll partner up. I'm thinking we could clean up down here, on just 4 or 5 schools that come to mind. :)

One comes to mind…… ..i PM'd you bout them long time ago, i'll keep it there but UIL already had dealings with them……… ;)

• Like 1

Set up around Allen, Aledo, Desoto or Cedar Hill and you will never be out of work...

Buying a spot for a business out here in Aledo is cheaper than owning a new home. If I had something to sell, I'd open up shop in Aledo too.

As far as the transfers go, people move all of the time in DFW. Aledo has a top notch education program in an extremely safe environment. How many other schools on your list could claim that as a reason for their move? :p

Is there any UIL rule that disallows transfer for school colors?

There was the one kid that left a school with black and orange.

said nothing rhymed with orange and he didn't like black which is the absent of all colors used as a school color.

Ended up at a school that was red and white.

Who is to question that logic?

especially since he was a qb and the red & white school already had a qb.

Buying a spot for a business out here in Aledo is cheaper than owning a new home. If I had something to sell, I'd open up shop in Aledo too.

As far as the transfers go, people move all of the time in DFW. Aledo has a top notch education program in an extremely safe environment. How many other schools on your list could claim that as a reason for their move? :p

You tell'em Mav! I have to pull for Aledo. Evadale had two kids got scholarships there (which only left 10 on our football team :)

Yanking dat chain lol.

One comes to mind…… ..i PM'd you bout them long time ago, i'll keep it there but UIL already had dealings with them………

As far as the transfers go, people move all of the time in DFW. Aledo has a top notch education program in an extremely safe environment. How many other schools on your list could claim that as a reason for their move? :P

Of the schools I listed, Allen is rated higher academically (49th). However, due to being more rural I'm sure Aledo (74th) has a lower crime rate and cheaper to start up a business. Depending on the business it may struggle due to the much smaller population of Parker county.

As far as the transfers go, people move all of the time in DFW. Aledo has a top notch education program in an extremely safe environment. How many other schools on your list could claim that as a reason for their move? :P

NM, double post

You tell'em Mav! I have to pull for Aledo. Evadale had two kids got scholarships there (which only left 10 on our football team :)

Yanking dat chain lol.

lol I know Aledo gets athletic transfers for that purpose only. But the schools being as good as they are, the parents can lean on that crutch. I still in no way think that Aledo coaches recruit kids. The program and winning recruits itself.

lol I know Aledo gets athletic transfers for that purpose only. But the schools being as good as they are, the parents can lean on that crutch. I still in no way think that Aledo coaches recruit kids. The program and winning recruits itself.

I don't think that Aledo coaches recruit and agree that the winning program recruits itself, however the Aledo parents do attempt to recruit. My niece is in grade school and lives in West Ft. Worth (White Settlement ISD) and Aledo parents have already talked to my sister in law about what a good athlete she is (in soccer and now volleyball) and that they should move out to Aledo. A few years ago my sister in law had zero interest in Aledo because of some bad experiences she had out there when she went to school, but now she is looking at houses out there and asking for my help...

• Like 1

I don't think that Aledo coaches recruit and agree that the winning program recruits itself, however the Aledo parents do attempt to recruit. My niece is in grade school and lives in West Ft. Worth (White Settlement ISD) and Aledo parents have already talked to my sister in law about what a good athlete she is (in soccer and now volleyball) and that they should move out to Aledo. A few years ago my sister in law had zero interest in Aledo because of some bad experiences she had out there when she went to school, but now she is looking at houses out there and asking for my help...

Aledo is a wonderful town to live in if you have kids. Literally everything here is done for the kids and schools. There is a since of pride that I haven't seen anywhere that I have ever been besides Marshall in the late 80s, early 90s.

I guess it's comparable to Carthage and Gilmer on terms of school pride.

The funny part about girls athletics in Aledo is that they are good at EVERYTHING. Especially softball. They remind me a lot of Hallsville.

I still in no way think that Aledo coaches recruit kids. The program and winning recruits itself.

I think this goes for all winning programs around the state. Carthage and Gilmer for example have move-ins every year. But do I think the coaches at those schools are recruiting kids? Heck no. But will they take a move-in if all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed? Yea sure they will. I think any program would as long as it does not break the rules and everybody agrees. If you win, they will come. Is it right? Well, that's up for debate. But if it doesn't break the rules, then I guess it doesn't matter if people think it's right or wrong. You play within the rules. That's all you can do.

I think this goes for all winning programs around the state. Carthage and Gilmer for example have move-ins every year. But do I think the coaches at those schools are recruiting kids? Heck no. But will they take a move-in if all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed? Yea sure they will. I think any program would as long as it does not break the rules and everybody agrees. If you win, they will come. Is it right? Well, that's up for debate. But if it doesn't break the rules, then I guess it doesn't matter if people think it's right or wrong. You play within the rules. That's all you can do.

Exactly... I expect some new families moving to Marshall soon....... At least the housing is cheap there. It's impossible to buy a house in Aledo/Annetta/Willow Park with less than $150k household income, unless you want your house to have wheels....

This proposal seems kind of backwards to me. If you want to punish someone for wrong doing, I would think you need to prove they did something wrong? Right??? This proposal is going to make the student/athlete prove his innocence from the start. SMH

This proposal seems kind of backwards to me. If you want to punish someone for wrong doing, I would think you need to prove they did something wrong? Right??? This proposal is going to make the student/athlete prove his innocence from the start. SMH

Civilian courts are "presumed innocent until proven guilty", however the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) is the opposite. Also most employee or student code of conduct and contracts follow more along the lines of the UCMJ and have stipulations for arbitrators or mediation.

Exactly... I expect some new families moving to Marshall soon....... At least the housing is cheap there. It's impossible to buy a house in Aledo/Annetta/Willow Park with less than $150k household income, unless you want your house to have wheels....

Wait..... Aledo has trailer parks? When did this happen?