Who is Better? LeBron or MJ?

ETXfan16

To answer the question: MJ.

Its really hard to say who is the GOAT, got different eras and levels of competition to factor in.

I go with MJ, but I know a lot of people who go with LeBron. I think LBJ is great, but I have more respect for MJ.

It's too early to tell. Once LeBron finishes his career then I'll compare the two. I think there are many players that could be the G.O.A.T. in the NBA Wilt Chamberlain all time rebounder and scored 100 points. People said he didn't pass the ball enough, and the next year he proved them wrong by leading the league in assists. Bill Russell 11X NBA Champion that no one will touch. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Michael Jordan, and LeBron James after maybe his career is over.

• Like 1

Jordan was Jordan. He'd drop 40 on you in a heartbeat. When he wanted to work on his defense he became a DPOY. Clutch. He had that killer mentality where he'd rip your heart out. Yes he had Pippen but look at that first three peat team. Those weren't a overly loaded team with talent. Those last three had Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc and Harper though.

Lebron is a bigger, more physical Magic Johnson. He took a bad Cleveland team to the Finals. It took Wade and Bosh. Allen, Battier, Chalmers to get those Miami rings. Same thing in Cleveland part 2.

I'm giving the talent edge to Lebron. 6-8, 260 and runs like a Deere. The mental though, making him the better player is Jordan. The Pistons were the crucible that made him great. He realized that talent wasn't going to get it. He had to become that cold blooded killer. Six rings to three. Nuff said.

• Like 1

Jordan was Jordan. He'd drop 40 on you in a heartbeat. When he wanted to work on his defense he became a DPOY. Clutch. He had that killer mentality where he'd rip your heart out. Yes he had Pippen but look at that first three peat team. Those weren't a overly loaded team with talent. Those last three had Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc and Harper though.

Lebron is a bigger, more physical Magic Johnson. He took a bad Cleveland team to the Finals. It took Wade and Bosh. Allen, Battier, Chalmers to get those Miami rings. Same thing in Cleveland part 2.

I'm giving the talent edge to Lebron. 6-8, 260 and runs like a Deere. The mental though, making him the better player is Jordan. The Pistons were the crucible that made him great. He realized that talent wasn't going to get it. He had to become that cold blooded killer. Six rings to three. Nuff said.

You mean MJ 6-9, LBJ 3-2

Now here is the thing. I love them both as players. They both bring things that we have never seen in the NBA.

Jordan had that killer instinct. Not only did he have that instinct, he executed it most of the time when it mattered. He was a pure scorer who was a great defender. He had some "Big 3" type teams when he won those championships... No one else did. So, his path to greatness was a bit easier, but why take away his greatness because of it?

Now Lebron... built like an NFL Linebacker (but taller)... Runs like a gazelle, has a pure shot... Bigger, faster, smarter, and just better than EVERY single person he lines up against. I don't hold his Cleveland NBA Finals loss against him... but those Miami ones... man...

That is what gives Jordan a slight edge for me.

It's flip a coin on who you want to draft first to build a expansion team around.

That '07 Cavs team is the worst team that either guy took to a Finals.

Now MJ had a couple shots to close out a Finals but let it go to a game 5 or 6. He never had a 2-1 lead and let a team reel off three straight wins and clinch on his turf. That Ray Allen three pointer against San Antonio is hard to count for or against LBJ's Finals record. You take it away he's 2-3 but does SA come back to beat them the next year out of revenge? They don't in my book.

That '96 Sonics team was pretty good. 64-18. Shawn Kemp. Gary Payton. Detlef Schrempf. They beat a tough Jazz team in the Western Conference Finals. I would them out beside that '13 Spurs team.

It doesn't matter. If Lebron is supposed to be the GOAT, then he wouldn't get beat by any of those teams. MJ was not only the best player on the court, he also made every player around him better. That's why he didn't lose in the finals. Lebron doesn't do that, and when the game is on the line he fails to make big plays. That's why he has lost so many finals. Not because the teams he's played were better, but because he doesn't have that killer instinct like MJ did. Lebron whines and complains to much!

not to mention he is just plain lazy at times ....

I think Jordan is better, but it is a lot closer then a lot of people choose to acknowledge.

This I agree with.

I mean, we are talking about #1 vs #2...

I don't see whoever #3 is being even close to measuring up to these 2 guys, whether it be Kobe, Wilt or whoever... Lebron and Jordan were and are on just a whole different level compared to the rest in my opinion...

Stephen A and whoever else talk about players that "transcend the game." Kobe didn't transcend anything... he tried to mimick Jordan.

Two totally different players with the same amount of rings. I give Kobe a slight edge over Tim!

Tim Duncan never missed the playoffs, or had a team with a losing record.

He has one more MVP.

He was also the best player on 4 NBA championship teams instead of just 2 like Kobe.