Official 2017-2018 District 16-5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

Baseball-Mount Pleasant has opened the season 2-0-1.  Struggling to find places to play due to weather as everyone is.  They beat John Tyler 13-1 early last week and then traveled to Wyle Saturday and tied Wyle 3-3 and beat Carrollton Creekview 10-0.

The Lady Mavs are off to a 5-1-1 start after competing in the Carthage tourney last weekend.

Mavs are off to a rough start at (1-4-1), but they have been playing some top notch programs.  They were in the Tri-county tourney last weekend.

Last weekend they: 
Lost to Killeen Harker Heights 6-7
Beat Royse CIty 6-5
Irving MacArthur- I think this game got rained out after it started and was never completed (TIE 0-0)
Lost to Royse City 9-4
Lost to Duncanville 6-3

Pleasant Grove, Bullard, Carthage, Dallas White is up next at home for the Mav tourney
Then they play at Whitehouse and Longview.

District starts on 3/13 when they travel to Texarkana.  

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

Mount Pleasant wins 80-78 over Little Elm. Great game!

Congrats MP!!!

1 hour ago, SSCatz said:

Prosper 69 SS 64 final Triple OT 

Wow! Triple OT?! What a game it sounds like. Congrats on a great season, Cats.

I would agree, I had SS winning just based on what I have seen. Really thought they had a chance to make it to SA. This Region has some very good 5A teams, tough to survive. MP played the best they have played all year to beat a very good Little Elm team. The RJ Hampton kid from Little Elm is worth the price of admission over the next two years. He finished the night with 39 and can do it all! Pretty special Sophomore.

Fouls, foul outs and a missed opportunity up 6 with 1:25 remaining in regulation to simply dribble out the clock or shoot free throws... instead we shoot the damn ball.  This game will forever haunt me.

Good luck to MP. Can’t wait to see you all win Friday 

3 hours ago, SSCatz said:

Fouls, foul outs and a missed opportunity up 6 with 1:25 remaining in regulation to simply dribble out the clock or shoot free throws... instead we shoot the damn ball.  This game will forever haunt me.

Good luck to MP. Can’t wait to see you all win Friday 

Hate losses like this.  Sounds like Shaka Smart coached team!!

The SS/Prosper game was unbelievable!  Both teams played their tails off.  Neither team deserved to lose but neither team took advantage of the opportunities to put the other team away.  Great High School game.

I am very surprised with the Mt.P/LE outcome!  Mt.P SURVIVED Forney and Frisco Liberty(could have lost both games) and then beats a team that is better than both of them.  Great win for Mt. P

I've watched Prosper and LE play 3 times this year on separate occasions...always thought Prosper was the better "TEAM", but when you have the #1 sophomore PG in the NATION (RJ Hampton) you will be able to play well with whoever else you got and compete. Highly doubt RJ stays at LE for the next 2 years though. He was supposed to go to prep school this past year, but backed out and stayed.  

MP now gets Lancaster who knocked off the #1 team in 5A, Waxahachie. Prosper now has Midlothian who knocked off the defending state champs. Looking for a sweet Regional Tournament with 2 great matchups. I love MP being the underdog....these seniors I've known since they were in JH. Don't count them out! Go Tigers! 

MP basketball plays on.  CONGRATS!

Men's Soccer Standings
Mount Pleasant (7-0)
Greenville (4-2)
Pine Tree (4-3)
Hallsville (4-3)
Sulphur Springs (3-4)
Texas High (1-5)
Marshall (0-6)

Lady's Soccer Standings
Mount Pleasant (5-0-1)
Hallsville (5-0-1)