Official 2017-2018 District 16-5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

Marshall beat Longview 8-4 today then lost to Whitehouse 11-1. 

Always a good day when you can beat the Lobos.  Since we can’t do it on the football field. We have to settle for wins in basketball and baseball 😂

🙄

13 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall beat Longview 8-4 today then lost to Whitehouse 11-1. 

Always a good day when you can beat the Lobos.  Since we can’t do it on the football field. We have to settle for wins in basketball and baseball 😂

🙄

Would’ve liked to see Longview and Marshall play in basketball this year. They’ve only played the four district games against one another since 2011 (though the Lobos decided not to play the Oil Belt Classic Final against the Mavs cause they wanted to come cheer their football brothers on this season). 

But I think that side of things, if they were to meet anytime soon, is changing soon with our new coach. 

Baseball, has a way to go.

But it’s nice seeing the rest of our sports pretty much controlling everything against the Mavs. Really excited about our guys soccer team this year. They’ve been absolutely excellent in an extremely tough district.

Softball Update

Game 1
Marshall beat PT 12-2
Hallsville beat Texas High beat 9-7
SS beat Greenville 3-2
MP- OFF

Game 2
SS beat Hallsville 7-3
MP beat Greenville 8-0
Texas High beat PT 6-1
Marshall- OFF

SOFTBALL STANDINGS
Sulphur Springs 2-0
Marshall 1-0
Mount Pleasant 1-0
Hallsville 1-1
Texas High 1-1
Pine Tree 0-2
Greenville 0-2

--------------------------

MEN'S SOCCER
Mount Pleasant 10-0
Greenville 6-3
Pine Tree 6-4
Sulphur Springs 4-4
Hallsville 4-5
Texas High 2-6
Marshall 0-10

LADIES' SOCCER
Hallsville 8-0-1
Mount Pleasant 6-2-1
Sulphur Springs 6-3
Pine Tree 5-5
Texas High 4-5
Greenville 2-8
Marshall 0-9

Not HS related...  but it is East Texas..... ETBU's Lady Tigers have advanced to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Div III basketball tourney.  They beat #6 St. Thomas University 61-58 last night.

They play Warburg University tonight at 7PM for a spot in the FINAL FOUR.  woot woot!

ETBU softball team is ranked #13 in the nation.

Fun times on the Hill right now

Game 1
SS beat PT 12-2
Hallsville beat MP 9-3
Texas High beat Marshall 8-2
Greenville- OFF

BASEBALL STANDINGS
Texas High 1-0
Sulphur Springs 1-0
Hallsville 1-0
Greenville 0-0
Marshall 0-1
Pine Tree 0-1
Mount Pleasant 0-1

-------------

Game 3
Texas High beat Marshall 4-1
MP beat Hallsville 3-2
SS beat PT 8-1
Greenville- OFF

SOFTBALL STANDINGS
Sulphur Springs 3-0
Mount Pleasant 2-0
Texas High 2-1
Marshall 1-1
Hallsville 1-2
Pine Tree 0-3
Greenville 0-2

MEN'S SOCCER
Mount Pleasant 11-0-0
Greenville 7-3-0
Pine Tree 6-4-0
Sulphur Springs 5-5
Hallsville 4-6
Texas High 2-7
Marshall 1-10

LADIES' SOCCER
Hallsville 9-0-1
Mount Pleasant 7-2-1
Sulphur Springs 6-4
Pine Tree 5-5
Texas High 5-5
Greenville 2-9
Marshall 0-9

Game 2
Mount Pleasant beat Pine Tree 10-2
Hallsville beat Greenville 4-1
Sulphur Springs beat Marshall 6-5
Texas High- OFF

BASEBALL STANDINGS
Sulphur Springs 2-0
Hallsville 2-0
Texas High 1-0
Mt. Pleasant 1-1
Greenville 0-1
Marshall 0-2
Pine Tree 0-2

SS and Hallsville improved to 2-0 while Texas High is right behind at 1-0.  MP fell to 1-1.  Marshall had their second straight 6th inning blown save.  Still early....but hard to ignore the relief pitching struggles.  

-------------

Game 4
Hallsville beat Greenville 11-1
Sulphur Springs beat Marshall 3-2
MP beat PT 18-0
Texas High- OFF

SOFTBALL STANDINGS
Sulphur Springs 4-0
Mount Pleasant 3-0
Texas High 2-1
Hallsville 2-2
Marshall 1-2
Pine Tree 0-4
Greenville 0-3

MEN'S SOCCER
Mount Pleasant 11-0-0
Greenville 8-3-0
Pine Tree 7-4-0
Hallsville 5-6
Sulphur Springs 4-6
Texas High 2-8
Marshall 1-11

LADIES' SOCCER
Hallsville 10-0-1
Mount Pleasant 7-2-1
Sulphur Springs 7-4
Pine Tree 6-5
Texas High 5-6
Greenville 2-10
Marshall 0-10

Just saw where MISD approved an $800,000 renovation of the pressbox at Maverick Stadium.

LONG overdue. 

But it's only scratching the surface of what needs to be done.  $5.5M in renovations was proposed in the first bond election.  So I guess they are going to do it a little at a time.

I know the PB needs work....but IMHO I would have started with the concessions and restrooms.  BUT...that would have been wayyyy more than 800K.

New lighting, concessions, restrooms, ticket booths, fencing, stadium seating.... all needs to be addressed.  

Also announced was 6.3 Million in renovations at MHS. 

With all the brand new schools open K-8......  MHS is now the focus.  About 30M in work was proposed in 2015.  Just going to have to do it a little at a time.

Glad to see it all getting started.   More good news.  

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Just saw where MISD approved an $800,000 renovation of the pressbox at Maverick Stadium.

LONG overdue. 

But it's only scratching the surface of what needs to be done.  $5.5M in renovations was proposed in the first bond election.  So I guess they are going to do it a little at a time.

I know the PB needs work....but IMHO I would have started with the concessions and restrooms.  BUT...that would have been wayyyy more than 800K.

New lighting, concessions, restrooms, ticket booths, fencing, stadium seating.... all needs to be addressed.  

Also announced was 6.3 Million in renovations at MHS. 

With all the brand new schools open K-8......  MHS is now the focus.  About 30M in work was proposed in 2015.  Just going to have to do it a little at a time.

Glad to see it all getting started.   More good news.  

Maybe they can get rid of the wasp nests in the press box :lol:  I swear, I was attacked every time I had to go up there

10 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

LONG overdue. 

I haven't been to Mav Stadium since 2015, but I will never forget those concessions and restrooms on the visiting side.

By far, the worst concessions I have ever been to (not to mention the longest). I'd even consider Abe better at this point.

But glad y'all are getting some work done on the stadium.

14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I haven't been to Mav Stadium since 2015, but I will never forget those concessions and restrooms on the visiting side.

By far, the worst concessions I have ever been to (not to mention the longest). I'd even consider Abe better at this point.

But glad y'all are getting some work done on the stadium.

I don't think those have been improved.  The ones on the home side weren't much better...