Official 2017-2018 District 16-5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

i wont disagree with that

however it is very difficult to blank a team like hp in the playoffs

Difficult to shutout 'a team like hp'?...not this season......they were shut out at least four times during the season (five with the shutout to Hallsville)......

Bobcats win third game 12-2  to advance.won first game 5-0 lost second game 5-4.Will play Frisco Wakeland for area championship.

Ladycats lost first game 3-2 to Frisco Wakeland but came  back to win games two and three.(5-4 &9-1)Will face Prosper in regional quarter final game or games.

In softball action:

Sulphur Springs and Hallsville have both advanced to the third round of the playoffs (region qtr finals)

SS will face Forney in a three game Series.

Hallsville will face Prosper

-------------

Sulphur Springs, Texas High, and Hallsville all advance for baseball.

------------

Marshall and Hallsville are each sending someone to the state track meet.

Triple Jump: DeTorian Hurd, Marshall, first, 46-8.75

Long jump: Cortland Centers, Hallsville, second, 22-08.75

-----------

Toss in MP's great run in soccer and SS's basketball run.... it's been a great Winter and Spring for the district.

Now we need some success in the fall.

--------

I'm trying to decide what to do about the 2018-2019 threads.  I like having all the sports for a whole school year together.

But that gets complicated starting next season because of the split divisions for football.

East Texas will have one D1 district with JT and Texas High and the Dallas schools.... and 2 DII districts with MP and all the southern I-20 schools while SS and Greenville will be headed west.  That means keeping up with 3 football districts.  Not to mention we aren't exactly flooded with SS and Greevnille fans on there.  Hmmm.

It means either having a football only thread for 9-5A DivII.... and then starting a separate thread at the end of football season..... OR making a 5A thread and combining a thread both Div I and Div II football and continuing to cover both 5A districts in the winter and spring.

TBH....I'm not sure how much interest 9-5ADII fans are going to have in the D1 district either.  Do you follow JT threads?  lol.  jjjkkkkk.

Otherwise I see a 9-5ADII thread for football (Marsh, Halls, MP, PT, WH, Nac, Lind, Jax)

And then when basketball through spring starts it will be a separate thread for 16-5A (Marsh, Halls, Jax, PT, Nac, Lufkin, JT, WH).

BUT..... it's tempting to add in 15-5A for the winter and Spring sports since East Texas will start playing each other in the first round of the playoffs again (Green, Lind, MP, Texas, MP, Royse City).

Input?

Just wondering what people would prefer..... the new thread will start when softball/baseball/track wraps up for everyone.  

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

In softball action:

Sulphur Springs and Hallsville have both advanced to the third round of the playoffs (region qtr finals)

SS will face Forney in a three game Series.

Hallsville will face Prosper

-------------

Sulphur Springs, Texas High, and Hallsville all advance for baseball.

------------

Marshall and Hallsville are each sending someone to the state track meet.

Triple Jump: DeTorian Hurd, Marshall, first, 46-8.75

Long jump: Cortland Centers, Hallsville, second, 22-08.75

-----------

Toss in MP's great run in soccer and SS's basketball run.... it's been a great Winter and Spring for the district.

Now we need some success in the fall.

--------

I'm trying to decide what to do about the 2018-2019 threads.  I like having all the sports for a whole school year together.

But that gets complicated starting next season because of the split divisions for football.

East Texas will have one D1 district with JT and Texas High and the Dallas schools.... and 2 DII districts with MP and all the southern I-20 schools while SS and Greenville will be headed west.  That means keeping up with 3 football districts.  Not to mention we aren't exactly flooded with SS and Greevnille fans on there.  Hmmm.

It means either having a football only thread for 9-5A DivII.... and then starting a separate thread at the end of football season..... OR making a 5A thread and combining a thread both Div I and Div II football and continuing to cover both 5A districts in the winter and spring.

TBH....I'm not sure how much interest 9-5ADII fans are going to have in the D1 district either.  Do you follow JT threads?  lol.  jjjkkkkk.

Otherwise I see a 9-5ADII thread for football (Marsh, Halls, MP, PT, WH, Nac, Lind, Jax)

And then when basketball through spring starts it will be a separate thread for 16-5A (Marsh, Halls, Jax, PT, Nac, Lufkin, JT, WH).

BUT..... it's tempting to add in 15-5A for the winter and Spring sports since East Texas will start playing each other in the first round of the playoffs again (Green, Lind, MP, Texas, MP, Royse City).

Input?

Just wondering what people would prefer..... the new thread will start when softball/baseball/track wraps up for everyone.  

Don't you mean MP's great run in soccer AND Basketball? 

Hate the district threads will be different. Really enjoyed all the stats, updates, and info you posted on a consistent basis, Mavchamp! Keep up the great work, man!