Bold/Underline Type

Hagar

Understand, I'm computer illiterate, so my request may be impossible. I use an iPad. When I post on another site, I can make things Bold or Underlined (rarely use underline, but for emphasis, I do use Bold on some words). Here my iPad only shows an up & down arrow. Could y'all possibly fix the site so those of us without computers (yes, it's true) can use the Bold feature?

Heck, I might can now & just don't know what I need to do. A brain is a terrible thing to waste.

whatever you want to bold type [ b] (no spaces) before a sentence or phrase or word and [/b ] no spaces after the word... [u ] [/u ] Underline, [i ] [/i ] italics... if you ever want the full list google bb codes.

whatever you want to bold type [ b] (no spaces) before a sentence or phrase or word and [/b ] no spaces after the word... [u ] [/u ] Underline, [i ] [/i ] italics... if you ever want the full list google bb codes.

Thanks Mav. I feel like an old man walking into a second grade class when it comes to computers. One last question, is there a list of all the emojis available on SDC (are they unique to SDC?). I found out about the tongue sticking out dude (my favorite :p), but I don't know the others.

Thanks, no hurry

Lol, Mav, you've created a monster.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it seems like we lost a lot of them when the board was upgraded.

I got the bb codes (which of course you already knew them). Since you're one of my very favorite posters & moderators you can remind Mav about the emojis. :)

PS: After 49 years, that kinda talk doesn't work with my wife either.

In support topics there's a primer on bb code, you can see it here: http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72497

Here's a direct link to all the emojis: http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?s=356c8caf1e8a547fde3b17b919b7606a&&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends but as you can see, most of them are broken.

The site-based emojis work by putting a certain phrase between colon marks = ::

Here are the ones that still work...

rofl
mellow
wub
angry
unsure
wacko
blink
ph34r
blush
mad
erm
huh
lol
coolio
rolleyes
excl
Then there are punctuation-based emojis. For example: :) :( :P <_< -_- and several others.

I hope this helps!

I got the bb codes (which of course you already knew them). Since you're one of my very favorite posters & moderators you can remind Mav about the emojis. :)

PS: After 49 years, that kinda talk doesn't work with my wife either.

...Kiss up!... I tried the "S" word, but it got #####'d out!😜

...Kiss up!... I tried the "S" word, but it got #####'d out!

It's hopeless. Mathias and Mav are virtually unable to get down to my level.

An analogy: They're using words and I'm trying to learn my ABC's. Only one I know is :p which is colon : and a p.

...Kiss up!... I tried the "S" word, but it got #####'d out!

I'm using you for my test. :rofl:

Hot Dog. Look out Microsoft, here I come. I love this dude.

:wacko: :rolleyes: :ph34r: