Week One: Lufkin at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

It looks to be a relatively nice night for football in Longview on Friday night.

There's no reason for Lufkin not to be able to make the trip up.

All the doubt being bandied about by a couple of LP fans yesterday was really interesting to read quite frankly.

Yes, because you live down here and know how the roads will be on Friday heading to Lv right?

Well, Randy you guys have not had any of this Harvey rain. Yesterday the weather was forecast that we could get 10-15 inches here on Wednesday, when this all started Friday and Saturday, our grocery stores ran low of food and gas station were out of gas. We had Houston evacuees coming here. We have already had about 9 inches here since Saturday. So quite frankly it was an issue you were not dealing with in Tyler/Longview, but I am glad it was an interesting read for you. We are happy here to see the weather changing for the better because it has not stopped raining since the early AM of last Saturday. Don't worry, we will be there in Longview Friday come rain or shine.

He's a wise you know what. I had to get on him a few years ago. What's going on in Longview don't have ish to do with what's going on down here this week and the roads that we have to take to make it Lv.

Oh my goodness !

I realize it's raining alot in Lufkin but your team does practice indoors...right ?

The flooding in the greater Houston area is tragic for sure and an awful thing...no doubt !

Be that as it may, I haven't heard about Highway 59 being totally washed out in between Lufkin and Henderson so the drive up to Gregg County should be very doable by Friday...ok !

The drama the two of you have been carrying on about is just simply over the top.

FWIW...I've lived through a flooded house before and I know it's no laughing matter but my statement about how the two of you have been carrying on being interesting was my opinion of the current situation ONLY as it pertains to this weeks game between these two schools !

Get a grip...deal with it and stop bellyaching.

• Like 1

Oh my goodness !

I realize it's raining alot in Lufkin but your team does practice indoors...right ?

The flooding in the greater Houston area is tragic for sure and an awful thing...no doubt !

Be that as it may, I haven't heard about Highway 59 being totally washed out in between Lufkin and Henderson so the drive up to Gregg County should be very doable by Friday...ok !

The drama the two of you have been carrying on about is just simply over the top.

FWIW...I've lived through a flooded house before and I know it's no laughing matter but my statement about how the two of you have been carrying on being interesting was my opinion of the current situation ONLY as it pertains to this weeks game between these two schools !

Get a grip...deal with it and stop bellyaching.

I honestly don't care what you think is over the top. The only thing I care about is our fan base and kids that will be traveling down those roads. Not your foolish opinion on the matter. The weather is supposed to be worse tomorrow and Thursday. Who in the heck knows what's going to happen over the next few days. If the power is out like it was in 08 and trees are down/highway in bad shape, then we shouldn't play. And that's all I said. You may think that's being over the top. Well, guess what? I don't care what a person that doesn't even live down here has to say about it. We have to think about our kids, not a football game. You get a grip and worry about lobo football, not Lufkin.
  • Like 1

I honestly don't care what you think is over the top. The only thing I care about is our fan base and kids that will be traveling down those roads. Not your foolish opinion on the matter. The weather is supposed to be worse tomorrow and Thursday. Who in the heck knows what's going to happen over the next few days. If the power is out like it was in 08 and trees are down/highway in bad shape, then we shouldn't play. And that's all I said. You may think that's being over the top. Well, guess what? I don't care what a person that doesn't even live down here has to say about it. We have to think about our kids, not a football game. You get a grip and worry about lobo football, not Lufkin.

I concur with you. His opinion holds no water with me....oh, that's right they haven't had any of these storm related issues in Longview. How badly I want the rain to stop and to get this Longview game behind us and don't tell me to get a grip on a forum. That is quite supercillious of you to say the least.

• Like 1

I concur with you. His opinion holds no water with me....oh, that's right they haven't had any of these storm related issues in Longview. How badly I want the rain to stop and to get this Longview game behind us and don't tell me to get a grip on a forum. That is quite supercillious of you to say the least.

Yep..... Had to go to my Stephen A. Smith Thesaurus for SUPERCILIOUS.

• Like 2

Dang you went there lol that used to be my thing but I have mellowed out

They almost win it occasionally

Well i should have went to their record page here on Smoaky.. I dont really follow bigger teams...so it was an honest question. This rivalry has always intrigued me. Being around Lufkin and Nac all of the time you hear about that rivalry...

You cant talk smack on this board without them handing out suspensions

When smack talk becomes personal insults, then yeah.

Learn the rules of the site. We let the smack talk go when comes to school vs school. But poster vs poster we take care of.

Anymore uneducated criticism of the way this forum is run?

• Like 1

http://www.localconditions.com/weather-lufkin-texas/75901/radar/rain-storm-total.php

This map shows Lufkin has had about 10 inches of rain in this storm. More to come today and Thursday...and maybe Friday too. So it could be 15" or MORE before they EVEN GET ON A BUS for Longview.

ANYONE belittling Lufkin fans for being concerned about their players and fans by calling them "dramatic", "over the top", and "bellyaching" is absolutely ridiculous. I mean good grief. Have any of you even been to Lufkin to assess the conditions?

Let's forget football for a second. Do they all have electricity? Do they all have running water? Are roads blocked from trees? Food? Are all family members safe and accounted for? These are important things..... NOT 'don't you practice indoors' or 'can't they just get on a bus and drive to Longview'. There may be bigger concerns than football right now.

I live in Longview...and we've hardly had a sprinkle for this whole thing. Clearly not the deluge Lufkin has already endured and the prospect of even more coming.

That said...... I feel like I have no business on putting in my two cents on whether or not Lufkin fans are being "dramatic" about their condition.

I wonder how Lobo fans would feel if they were the ones with 15 inches of rain to deal with in Longview.

Longview and PT they moved scrimmage time for the "prospect of rain". Who was dramatic in that decision?

Lufkin has almost a foot of rain already. More coming. Dramatic indeed. NOT.

JMHO.

• Like 3

The insults tend to come from the soo called established posters honestly... their opinions are ok but if it doesn't align with them it's.... who are u?, don't listen to him, etc.... to be honest it's quite childish .... they can act silly and trash talk but not the certain group.... just sayin

I'm sure it will start.... tic tic tic

Unless lufkin is flooded out ok they need to go on... I don't know the circumstances ....but if just just rain then get on with it

That's the key though. We don't know.

I agree....if all is well in Lufkin.... then GAME ON.

But if not....maybe we should all reserve judgement until we know more. Be it postpone until Saturday or cancel altogether if needed.

But I don't see how 15" of rain (or more) can be something to just say "meh" to.

• Like 1

Lord almighty. This turned into something.

Game hasn't changed yet so not sure why we're even talking about it right now until it does.

Well, we don't have the smack talking in here like the old days and y'all aren't posting predictions, so we gotta keep this thread going some type of way. I'm just saying lol. Post your prediction 84!!