Week One: Lufkin at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Be safe traveling down the highway! I hope you're able to find gas too. I heard there wasn't much left in Dallas.

I have a good friend that works for 7/11 and he told me to fill up the day before the panic started cause they were expecting it.

Crazy crazy.

• Like 1

I posted this the team board over on 6A...

But as best as I can find, this would be the first time since 1995 that Longview has had a sophomore start a season at quarterback for them. Yes, we had sophomore quarterback Dezmon Chumley play in the season opener against Coppell in 2012 but he didn't start.

Jay Hurst started that season as Lobo quarterback.

Both radio links are in the first post

<whines> But I don't wanna scroll back.... can't you just post a link here? And start peeling this orange for me, I don't like getting the rind under my fingernails.

;) But seriously... thanks, 'preciate ya.

I posted this the team board over on 6A...

But as best as I can find, this would be the first time since 1995 that Longview has had a sophomore start a season at quarterback for them. Yes, we had sophomore quarterback Dezmon Chumley play in the season opener against Coppell in 2012 but he didn't start.

Jay Hurst started that season as Lobo quarterback.

So King starting is confirmed?

Interesting.

Other Sophomores that saw significant playing time recently were Bivins Caraway III in 2010 after Robertson went down for a bit. Carlin Freeman in 2003 after Quincy Grant went down (led the team to that crazy 22-21 win over Tyler Lee at Rose). DeMarcus Miles got plenty of snaps in 2004 after the games were in hand. Other than Caraway who got hurt his senior year, those Sophomores became pretty effective Juniors and Seniors. I'm hoping King is great as a Sophomore and Junior as well, though. Chumley showed improvement his Junior year but just never panned out his Senior year.

Edit: How could I forget Joel Armstrong taking over in 2000 against Midland Lee?! He was masterful running the triple option.