Week One: Lufkin at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Lufkin ran 32 more plays from scrimmage on offense than Longview...(78-46) and finished with 30 fewer yards of total offensive production.

Those are very deceiving stats in a game that ended in a 19 point spread.

Just an observation !

That was the first time I can remember in a Lufkin/Longview game that the Pack did not have a single big gainer.

Everything was short gains or 10 yarders at most. They definitely had our D gassed for a bit until we finally started getting crazy pressure.

That was the first time I can remember in a Lufkin/Longview game that the Pack did not have a single big gainer.

Everything was short gains or 10 yarders at most. They definitely had our D gassed for a bit until we finally started getting crazy pressure.

The td run was 24 yards

Lufkin had a long pass play for about 30 yards on their final TD drive late in the game...if I'm not mistaken.

Overall, though Longview's defense did limit Lufkin's offense throughout !

It was definitely a "bend but not break" performance.

As much as I don't feel good about things from our side, not sure why the performance of the lobo defense against our offense is shocking. They had players coming back with a lot of varsity experience. Lufkin didn't. We were just bringing back a few starters from last season. I kinda figured if our new Qb struggled, then we would struggle. I think I said it at one point too. Not trying to take anything away from the lobo defense. I'm just saying we were young coming into this year. Kinda similar to the lobos going into Abe last year. Good luck to the bos going forward though!

In 6a longview and lufkin will both have issues with the better teams in 6a.... both good teams but weaknesses that really good teams will attack..... doesn't mean both won't have good years but 8-10 wins possibly if all goes well.... people who think this team is a 12-14 win team is just being rediculous .... it's good to be optimistic but wow !!!! Especially if you want a soph King at qb..... next year maybe.... just temper things folks