Week One: Lufkin at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Reason why I was wondering rankings state wide

Considering we're not in a big Metro area, and both teams are coming off disappointing bi-district losses and no one outside our immediate area coverage is going to think twice about either team all season....I'd be shocked if either one received a vote all season long.

They don't. Lufkin has all the talent in the world, and Longview is a young team. Lufkin are definitely the favorites in this game. I just hope the underdogs in Longview can hang tough.

Don't be a wise guy. Just asking a question. Maybe he knew something that I didn't.

Well those years always seem to turn out to be the best seasons. We were on no ones radar or rankings when we won state in 08 to start off a three peat.

No doubt, usually is the same for Longview.

We should have a pretty solid group this year. We're young but these next couple of classes have some huge potential to be special teams.

11 days and counting.

Lobos get Pine Tree this Friday, Panthers get Huntsville.

But I don't think we'll have a single Panther fan there in Huntsville to give us a report, with everyone in Lufkin on the Little League train atm!

11 days and counting.

Lobos get Pine Tree this Friday, Panthers get Huntsville.

But I don't think we'll have a single Panther fan there in Huntsville to give us a report, with everyone in Lufkin on the Little League train atm!

The little league game is Wednesday I think. I'm not going for other reasons. It was a mess last time I went a few years ago. They had Conroe in it too that year. They didn't even do those live quarters or whatever after the controlled portion. I remember Quick being mad about it too. Just a waste of time making that trip. If I wasn't working that day, don't think that I would drive up there. Green will probably run the same basic 7 or 8 plays from last years scrimmage with three or four being screens and deep passes to Malik (And I don't blame him, it's a scrimmage). The defense, RB and Qb positions are the only things that I would want to see. However, I don't think we'll know how good this Pack team is until probably the JT game anyways. Several young guys will be starting from what I've seen in practice.

Lobos by 14 +!

If our new Qb and defense struggles on the road next week, then I could definitely see this score happening. If we can improve after this game like the lobos have done at times in the past though, I'd take that beat down. Lol
  • Like 1

Defense just needs bigger linebackers .... there is no way they will stop any good rb..... 5'7 linebackers in .6a ???? This defense will be eaten alive up the middle again ... we need to move # 5 to fullback or linebacker ... or move Hutchins to Lb...... just can't have linebackers smaller than your kickers .....they get wiped out on plays up middle ...thoughts? Maybe instead of 12 d line guys who aren't real big either.... someone play middle that's even 5'10..... offense looks good passing the ball but defense I see is still a ?..... small... secondary is tiny also.

Maybe there are no players ?

Heck.... Haynes king probably would play lb

Thoughts?