Places you liked to eat at that are no longer in business.

DaveTV1

I forgot about Sambo's, I ate there a few times a looooong time ago ...

boise_id.jpg

We ate there a couple of time late at night when my brother would get off late from the Post Office or when we were on a road trip. Longview had one on West Marshall. I think it's a German restaurant now.

We ate there a couple of time late at night when my brother would get off late from the Post Office or when we were on a road trip. Longview had one on West Marshall. I think it's a German restaurant now.

Seems like I remember one in Galveston ...

There is a German restaurant in Longview?

Across for Pizza King or it used to be there. I tried to look it up online, and it may have shutdown. It was in the same parking lot as where T.G.&Y, Beall's, I think a Super One Foods, M.E. Moses 5 and dime. I'm not a German or British food eater so I can't remember the name of it.

Across for Pizza King or it used to be there. I tried to look it up online, and it may have shutdown. It was in the same parking lot as where T.G.&Y, Beall's, I think a Super One Foods, M.E. Moses 5 and dime. I'm not a German or British food eater so I can't remember the name of it.

I'm with you there, Dave; Those Brits eat something called "Spotted Dick"! I think I'll just have a cheeseburger from Jucy's.....

My mom used to make Wiener Schnitzel with pork chops

schnitzel+7.jpg

and Bratworst with Sauerkraut

1382540721963.jpeg

Loved German Food ....

You probably like Kimchi too...

I tried it a couple of times, hated it ....

We had to walk by the Korean KP building where they prepared the "food" beside their chow hall when I was at Suwan AB back in '83 ... the smell would practically take your breath away .... flies and other assorted bugs would steer clear of that place!!!! ...

• Like 1

My mom used to make Wiener Schnitzel with pork chops

schnitzel+7.jpg

and Bratworst with Sauerkraut

1382540721963.jpeg

Loved German Food ....

My Dad loved it, but I hated it. I will admit that the only thing I like sauerkraut on is a Reuben sandwich, but I rarely eat it. Maybe once every 5 years or more.

• 1 month later...

Am surprised that Pack hasn't come on here and talked about the German place on 94 between Lufkin and Hudson.....use to have a GREAT German Buffet on Saturday Nights.....WITH "UmPa" band and dancing......Schitzel was good along with the Bratz!!!!....could smell the beer in the Bratz....would bring them out in kettles of "hot beer"...the old men would would jump out of their wheelchairs, take off their oxygen masks and sprint to the buffet when they came out....