Best Chicken Fried Steaks in Texas

RETIREDFAN1

Okay, some of the gravy on those steaks looked kinda brown to me. White gravy goes with pretty much everything. Brown is for mashed potatoes and roast. It looks like San Antonio is in the plans for a Stoney cuisine vacation.

Back in the 90's....would HAVE to play New Waverly in football....and on the way back would stop in Huntsville and eat at The Feed Store.....Had 3 chicken fries.....large XLarge and Double wide with side gates......and it wasn't big because of the crispy outer coating.....was a HUGE piece of pounded steak and THEN they would dip in the batter......would bring that bad boy out with a crane!!!!!!......with white gravy or burnt(brown)....now I think its a Chinese establishment.........use to down the BIG one at one sitting....NOW would make 3-4 meals with that thing.....AND it came with a SPUD as big as the steak and the salad bar.....IF you left there hungry.......either you were sick....OR had a tapeworm that needed attention at the Dr. office.....

• Like 2

Mary's hands down the best CF I have ever eaten and go during football season and take in a great six man football game!!

I've never eaten there, but the one they show in the picture looks over cooked. ..... and where's the gravy? ....