2017-18 NCAA Basketball Discussion Thread

Texas beats ATM 73-69 in an exhibition game for hurricane relief. 

There was no tv but reports say the teams combined for more than 50 fouls, each player was allowed 7 fouls. Texas was up 13 at the half and by as many as 17 early in the 2nd half. Texas defense held the aggies to 30.3% shooting for the game but free throws kept them close throughout. 

Texas as opens the regular season Nov. 10 vs the Demons of Northwestern St. 

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

What are the expectations for A&M and UT this season?

The NCAA tourney for Texas. The grumbling will become deafening in Austin if they miss it again, especially with the last two recruiting classes.

15 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

UT fans would be ok with a 1st round exit?

I think Texas will finish 4-5th in the Big 12 and depending on how the offense comes along I can see sweet 16. 

Texas as has more depth this year to run the kinds of full court pressure Shaka likes to run but they need to knock down shots this year or it won't matter. The Big 12 will stacked again this year. OKST and Iowa St are probably going to finish at the bottom if that tells you anything. 

1 hour ago, Baron said:

It's better than last year's debacle.

I was just curious.  Mainly, because UT has done well recruiting, the hype around the HC hire, then finally 20+ losses last season (I think it was a record for losses in program history)... I was just wondering what the real expectations were.

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I was just curious.  Mainly, because UT has done well recruiting, the hype around the HC hire, then finally 20+ losses last season (I think it was a record for losses in program history)... I was just wondering what the real expectations were.

Last year was a disappointment considering the  '16 recruiting class was highly ranked. Roach played out of position and the offense suffered because of it. And apparently Tevin Mack did some damage before he was kicked off the team. This year has to be better. They have a true point guard and Bamba can really run for a big man. It will be fun to watch him this year. I heard Lance Blanks say that he was the best recruit to hit the 40 since Durant. That's high praise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Per @AUBlog: Ballgame. Auburn loses an exhibition game to Division II Barry, 100-95, in overtime. It doesn't count, but man.

Isn't Barry the college that gets a ton of donations from Chick Fil A?

We're finally there! Basketball starts back this week! SFA opens the year at Longwood. Last year's game was sloppy and close with SFA edging out the Lancers at Johnson Coliseum. This year shouldn't be close. Longwood is breaking in a lot of new players, and is missing their starting PG. SFA has a nice mix of returning talent and new pieces. SFA should win this one comfortably...

Breaking: LiAngelo Ball and 2 other UCLA players arrested for shoplifting in China, per @GoodmanESPN https://t.co/JsHLP82Npg

Three UCLA men's basketball players -- including LiAngelo Ball -- arrested in China for shoplifting, sources... https://t.co/rjLS1QZM0D

Cody Riley & Jalen Hill are the other two players. 

Smh when will these kids learn……