Daingerfield @ Hughes Springs Week 1

OldHomePlace

Battle Of Highway 11  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Battle Of Highway 11

• Daingerfield
    • Hughes Springs

I've refrained from commenting but once on this thread but I've just gotta ask. What 'rumors' have y'all heard? Whats the problem in HS? Why aren't kids playing? Put it out there and maybe they can be clarified, confirmed and some even laughed at. None this inbox stuff!

I've refrained from commenting but once on this thread but I've just gotta ask. What 'rumors' have y'all heard? Whats the problem in HS? Why aren't kids playing? Put it out there and maybe they can be clarified, confirmed and some even laughed at. None this inbox stuff!

Honestly I've only heard they weren't playing football because they didn't want to be hurt for baseball. I've stated that already on this thread. Some of your posters from HS have told me personally that statement. The rest is still just random people that see this happen year after year. Usually waited till week 7 or 8 before they hung up the pads tho....

If they don't want to be there. Then it's simple. Don't be there.... Honestly that's the biggest distraction any team could have. It's like cancer and spreads quite quickly. Maybe some changes do need to be made. Not necessarily the AD either. Nobody knows the true issues except then ones who have "said" issues.

It use to be who's who amongst the folks down hwy 11. Now it seems as the tides have turned and it doesn't matter anymore. I'm usually the 1st to bust their balls but this seems like maybe a bigger deal inside the community then we could even imagine.

If they don't want to be there. Then it's simple. Don't be there.... Honestly that's the biggest distraction any team could have. It's like cancer and spreads quite quickly. Maybe some changes do need to be made. Not necessarily the AD either. Nobody knows the true issues except then ones who have "said" issues.

It use to be who's who amongst the folks down hwy 11. Now it seems as the tides have turned and it doesn't matter anymore. I'm usually the 1st to bust their balls but this seems like maybe a bigger deal inside the community then we could even imagine.

As with most things, I'm sure one would have to look deeper than what's on the surface. Seems like an all too familiar and acceptable trend to see a player walk away from his senior year. Sad for the player, the team, the program and all involved.

As with most things, I'm sure one would have to look deeper than what's on the surface. Seems like an all too familiar and acceptable trend to see a player walk away from his senior year. Sad for the player, the team, the program and all involved.

As a fan it would be detrimental to a season. Especially the team moral imo. Not to mention all the gossip that comes with it. I guess the decisions are within the home. I'm curious if the coaching staff tried to change any of their minds.

Everyone on here knows the kids who aren't playing for Hughes Springs this year. If you need to know, why not just ask them? They are all good honest kids who will tell you. I think it's better not to speculate because I've already heard and read some ridiculous theories.

Everyone on here knows the kids who aren't playing for Hughes Springs this year. If you need to know, why not just ask them? They are all good honest kids who will tell you. I think it's better not to speculate because I've already heard and read some ridiculous theories.

I know 3 of them. Good kids and athletes. Their choices. NOT ours

All the kids that aren't playing this year are good kids. Not just the starters that chose not to play but I believe there was maybe a couple of kids that didn't start and some JV kids that chose not to come back. They chose not to play for their reasons. If they have to talked into playing they don't really want to be there. You play with who shows up and try and make those kids better.

If all the transfers from dfield was to come back I doubt hs would even have a team. And we still have more than eneough talent even with all those kids moving over there. Last years win isn't going to help y'all out this year. I mean the last 60 years without losing to hs didn't help us out last year so I'm tired of reading about last year. This will be the start of another 60 year stretch!

• Like 1

The boys in question about not playing football.... How about just call their dad and I'm sure he will answer any questions you may have about his boys. He asked me to pass his info along....

Mark McIntyre

903-573-2182

And 1 of you needs to get back to work..... :ph34r:

• Like 2