Yu Darvish Trade Talks Have Begun

Stoney

I don't consider Darvish an ace. Too inconsistent for me. I do believe he can become a solid #2 starter. I would offer him #2 money and if he can't live with that then let him go. They would probably be better off going ahead and trading him to make sure they get something for him before he becomes a free agent.

• Like 1

Bubba, I agree 100% with you that he isn't an Ace. He might flash the tools sometimes but the results haven't been there. I'm all for trading him. The Cubs are an interesting team. Corner OF prospects. Starting pitching.

Dodgers have some good young starters also. MLB network is saying the Astros would be a good fit for Darvish. Said it will come down to the owners wanting to make a deal with them.

I don't think the Astros should give up much for him .... he's a decent 3rd or 4th starter, but he's no ace ....

^ Yadier Alvarez 21yr old RHP #38 (top 100)

Alex Vergudo 21 yr old OF L/L #49

Walker Buehler 23 yr old RHP #7

Three of the names I've seen today being thrown around for Darvish.

Huge, huge grain of salt with this post. Guys not a verified member of Twitter, let alone a known reporter.

David Weiss' Twitter- Sources: #Dodgers and #Rangers nearing a deal that would send Yu Darvish to Los Angeles for multiple prospects. Should be done by end of day

Bleached Report having Houston as a possible destination for Yu. A big part is that Yu will have a lower price tag than Sonny Gray.

That is if Houston makes a move for a starter. Bleached Report isn't sold the Astros move for a starter with McHugh and Morton back and Keuchel returning soon.

Bleached Report isn't sold the Astros move for a starter with McHugh and Morton back and Keuchel returning soon.

While I'd like to have Yu (at a very small price) I'd much rather have a dependable lefty reliever. I don't really see any value in a starter that we can't afford next year. I'd pass

While I'd like to have Yu (at a very small price) I'd much rather have a dependable lefty reliever. I don't really see any value in a starter that we can't afford next year. I'd pass

I'm all in on reliever ONLY right now for Houston. We now have depth in the rotation, which wad the weak link. Bullpen only now please...

Ken Rosenthal @Ken_Rosenthal

Yu Darvish’s 10-team no-trade list, per sources: BAL, BOS, CHC, CLE, COL, CWS, DET, OAK, PIT, TOR. Free to go to LAD, NYY, HOU, all others.

I guess you FORGOT how well McCullers was pitching going into the break. Everyone has a cold spell, he will snap back...

In sports, it's what have you done for me lately.....you're only as good as your last performance........

In sports, it's what have you done for me lately.....you're only as good as your last performance........

I agree, but I have more faith in a guy like McCullers to turn it around than a guy like Fiers and we see how he is pitching lately...