District 9-4A (D-1) 2017

EnjoyLife

4 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Silsbee is still a mystery to me. No disrespect meant but after the way Kilgore woodshedded LCM last night I need to see district 10 prove they can beat someone that is not in their district. They might whoop Center like they stole something...but I expect Center to hang around and be in this game in the second half. Same thing for Navasota. 

None taken.  Anyone who remembers me I show up over here every year for my annual right of passage thru Smoaky forum hazing. 

Silsbee is all Jeckyl and Hyde this year.

I can go down the list of excuses if you want.... you've heard them all before, but I will not insult true football knowledgeable people.

Truth - We lost to Newton, WOS, Shadow Creek and yes... LCM.  Probably their best game of the season. 

Firing on all cylinders that night while we were still moping from an embarrassing performance the previous Saturday.  Then Coach made some changes...

You say you have to see us beat someone out of our own district? What does that prove?  Nothing. Probably the same thing that losing to each other in District 9 does.... according to some of the other threads..  You have your own issues with district foes and all that proves is that familiarity is a weapon on some Friday nights, especially if its an off night.

Example:  If Carthage had played Kilgore, Henderson, Center, Navasota or Silsbee last night would they have won with that 1st half performance? If so... by how much? 

Ill take Silsbee being a mystery to their opponents... might be what we need. 

Regardless of what your opinion is of Newton, Jasper, WOS...etc., they ALL won their District and could probably beat half the teams in both our Districts.

One thing for sure... we are a playoff team, tested against teams with mettle of their own. 

Better hope its Jeckyl that shows up......and not Hyde.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, silsbee92 said:

None taken.  Anyone who remembers me I show up over here every year for my annual right of passage thru Smoaky forum hazing. 

Silsbee is all Jeckyl and Hyde this year.

I can go down the list of excuses if you want.... you've heard them all before, but I will not insult true football knowledgeable people.

Truth - We lost to Newton, WOS, Shadow Creek and yes... LCM.  Probably their best game of the season. 

Firing on all cylinders that night while we were still moping from an embarrassing performance the previous Saturday.  Then Coach made some changes...

You say you have to see us beat someone out of our own district? What does that prove?  Nothing. Probably the same thing that losing to each other in District 9 does.... according to some of the other threads..  You have your own issues with district foes and all that proves is that familiarity is a weapon on some Friday nights, especially if its an off night.

Example:  If Carthage had played Kilgore, Henderson, Center, Navasota or Silsbee last night would they have won with that 1st half performance? If so... by how much? 

Ill take Silsbee being a mystery to their opponents... might be what we need. 

Regardless of what your opinion is of Newton, Jasper, WOS...etc., they ALL won their District and could probably beat half the teams in both our Districts.

One thing for sure... we are a playoff team, tested against teams with mettle of their own. 

Better hope its Jeckyl that shows up......and not Hyde.

So is Henderson. If we play like we did against Tatum, Pitt. and Center we may be in trouble.

We have a few seniors but we are pretty young. Not all of them start but before the end of the season there was 11 sophs. moved up. One was gonna be a two way starter and got hurt in summer workouts.

12 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I "think" they are doing some work on it.

So, if we both make it where would we play Kilgore? Please no Lobo :headbang:

I would be ok with Pinetree or Marshall or even flip for home field...just not Lobo. Nothing good ever happens there lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I would be ok with Pinetree or Marshall or even flip for home field...just not Lobo. Nothing good ever happens there lol.

Henderson visitor side will not be big enough to seat the Kilgore fans for that gm. I could see Longview, pine tree, tyler, or Marshall 

3 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Henderson visitor side will not be big enough to seat the Kilgore fans for that gm. I could see Longview, pine tree, tyler, or Marshall 

Hendersons visitors side is expanded and much improved but you are probably right...it still would not be big enough for that game. Of course, if we do not take care of El Campo and Sealy it wont matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olddog1 said:

Why isn't there any games played at Rose stadium in Tyler. With so many teams in play-off I figured it would be a few games each weekend.

Construction..

They are putting up a new press box and some of things to the stadium. 

• Mr. P changed the title to District 9-4A (D-1) 2017