District 9-4A (D-1) 2017

EnjoyLife

Thats a gutsy prediction.

I think he is just picking like that because, well cause he is Cousin Eddie.

But realistically WH has a chance to beat Carthage. We usually have a couple sloppy games in a row at some point during the season. If the offense is off a little this week, this one could be close. Carthage cannot put the defense in bad spots like they did last week against LE. I think WH has a good enough defense to keep Carthage in check already, and If the offense is also not clicking the Dawgs could get themselves in a little bit of trouble. With that said I believe the Carthage defense will have a lot of success. Let's see.

Whitehouse is one of the better 5a teams in East TX. However, Carthage is one of the better 4A teams in the state. Last year Carthage held Whitehouse to 2 first downs, -1 rushing yards, and 29 passing yards in 1st half. Even though the final score was 23-13, that does not fully describe the game. Carthage had 2 TO's in the red zone and the final WH TD was on the last play of the game against Carthage #2's.

I agree. But remember they played very well against Carthage's running game. Last year in this game their QB play was way below average. At some point in the season they made the change to their current QB I believe.

I agree. But remember they played very well against Carthage's running game. Last year in this game their QB play was way below average. At some point in the season they made the change to their current QB I believe.

Yes their defensive front played well last year. I gave them props all year for it. QB Roach struggled against the Dawgs. He must have thrown 20 balls out of bounds running for his life! I believe Carthage will have success throwing the ball early Fri and that will open up the rushing attack in 2nd half. Ingram & Smith - 1/2 players punch!

Carthage has proven it

Kilgore has the potential

Hendo has to prove it

Palestine gotta turn that corner

Chapel Hill isn't proven

Center gotta win to be taken seriously

Everyone feels sorry for Bullard

Carthage head over hills

Palestine is coming on.

Kilgore. Dogs

Henderson. Respect

Chapel Hill. Better than Bullard and Center.

Bullard. Better than Center.

Center. Young and depth issues.

Carthage - They are who we thought they were

Kilgore - They're always good, but only throw one pass last week with the talent they have at wide receiver?

Henderson - They'll be a playoff team, but will they only get the last spot?

Palestine - They're improved again this year to the point they appear playoff-bound

Chapel Hill - Good defense and a talented soph QB

Center - They're down this year, no doubt

Bullard - To think, they had so many returning starters

Carthage - They are who we thought they were

Kilgore - They're always good, but only throw one pass last week with the talent they have at wide receiver?

Henderson - They'll be a playoff team, but will they only get the last spot?

Palestine - They're improved again this year to the point they appear playoff-bound

Chapel Hill - Good defense and a talented soph QB

Center - They're down this year, no doubt

Bullard - To think, they had so many returning starters

Bullard- They do have a lot of returners, BUUUUUUTTTTT.... When BAD comes back how much better can it get? No offseason due to 5 month hiring process.

Palestine learned a valuable lesson last evening. It was ugly But, I fully expect not to see this type of performance the rest of the way. I am not saying we will win every game. But... I am saying we will be competitive. I still expect that we will be a playoff team this season.

Shake it off and go back to work. Pali has a huge game this week against Van. East TX will be watching. If you guys can pull off the upset going into district 9 4A D1 play the confidence boost will be huge.

• Like 1

Right now I see it..........

Carthage

Kilgore

Chapel Hill (Im a man of my word)

Henderson

Palestine

Center

Bullard

I'm up in the air on 1 and 2 with Carthage having the slight advantage of playing at home. It's just so hard to stop Buddy Jackson at what he does. He has so many options when he rolls down the line. Hand off, keep it or pop pass. Super hard to defend.

Edit: Or he can pitch it.

I'm up in the air on 1 and 2 with Carthage having the slight advantage of playing at home. It's just so hard to stop Buddy Jackson at what he does. He has so many options when he rolls down the line. Hand off, keep it or pop pass. Super hard to defend.

Yeah...you can flip a coin on those two. I was pretty surprised that CH woodshedded Tatum and that Pali laid an egg against Fairfield.

• Like 1

Palestine learned a valuable lesson last evening. It was ugly But, I fully expect not to see this type of performance the rest of the way. I am not saying we will win every game. But... I am saying we will be competitive. I still expect that we will be a playoff team this season.

Me, too.

All the talent on the field with big names and big time recruits...Buddy Jackson scares me the most.
  • Like 2

Welcome to the party Chappa Hills! Looking Doomier every week.

Cartherage gonna Cartherage.

Kilgo gonna Kilgo.

Hennason gonna Hennason.

Palestine, quit reading the newspapers and get back to playing football.

Center, IDK what to tell you.

Bullard, meh

• Like 1

Welcome to the party Chappa Hills! Looking Doomier every week.

Cartherage gonna Cartherage.

Kilgo gonna Kilgo.

Hennason gonna Hennason.

Palestine, quit reading the newspapers and get back to playing football.

Center, IDK what to tell you.

Bullard, meh

Are you officially off the Bullard bandwagon?

Three weeks into the season.....

1) What is one thing your team is doing well?

2) What is one thing your team needs to improve?

3) What surprises you about your team?

1) The run game looks sharp.

2) The first two weeks it seemed to take a while to get going, but it looked like that was fixed last night. Hopefully that continues.

3) All the different players who have run with the ball. I think five or six not counting when the backups are playing.

All the talent on the field with big names and big time recruits...Buddy Jackson scares me the most.

He'd scare the fire out of me too if we had to play against him. And it ain't just because he runs a 4.44-40. He's in his 3rd year of running this offense and he knows what the defense is going to do before they do. He also has some serious skill talent around him and one of the best offensive lines I've seen in recent memory in Kilgore.

He'd scare the fire out of me too if we had to play against him. And it ain't just because he runs a 4.44-40. He's in his 3rd year of running this offense and he knows what the defense is going to do before they do. He also has some serious skill talent around him and one of the best offensive lines I've seen in recent memory in Kilgore.

Do y'all think this team is comparible to the 04 team?

Carthage and Kilgore should be one of the best games of the year. I believe the C Dawgs defense is the best in 4A DI, with that being said, Kilgore will not beat the C Dawgs if they cannot throw the ball. Carthage is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. It will be the most balanced offense, running and throwing Kilgore will see all year.

This game will come down to which team makes fewer mistakes if Kilgore can throw to keep the C Dawg defense honest.

Let's Go C Dawgs!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

• Mr. P changed the title to District 9-4A (D-1) 2017