District 9-4A (D-1) 2017

EnjoyLife

The soph CH quarterback seems to be the real deal... I'll finally get to watch a live game this Friday. Reports are that he can absolutely fly...

Considering he's had two tds run of 85+ in the last two weeks...those reports are quite true. And he is physically growing. Appears to be taller and thicker than last year.

Three weeks into the season, Carthage (1) is effectively spreading the ball around to its many weapons, but (2) needs to cut down on turnovers, which are occurring almost entirely in the 1st half. (3) Its special teams' play has been a pleasant surprise, especially on kick-off returns.

• Like 1

Three weeks into the season.....

1) What is one thing your team is doing well?

2) What is one thing your team needs to improve?

3) What surprises you about your team?

1) Hitting big plays (50+ yard touchdowns).

2) Slow start and turnovers in the 1st half.

3) QB arm strength and Jacorey Ware with 3 interceptions in 1st career start.

• Like 2

Gilmer ain't got a defense to contain carthage. Only way they win is by outscoring and keeping Ingram on the sidelines. Doesnt matter which Ingram heck seems like he got a whole family of them.

Center gotta lot to prove but diboll ain't exactly awesome.

LOL. Gilmer won't keep an Ingram off the field. We have two on offense and one on defense! 😂😂😂

Kilgore and Palestine has more of the challenging games. You don't know what Texas high your going to get and you don't know what Palestine team shows up

Apparently this is what some in Van think of Palestine. Win or lose this game just got a whole lot more interesting.

IMO Palestine has always had "those kids" so to speak. Not trying to be harsh, but i call it how i see it. What i mean by those kids is that they are kind of like brownsborrow kids... If they think they are gonna win the game they will come off hot and are hard to beat. Once they start slipping a little and maybe think they are going to lose they shut it down and barely even try anymore. Same way if they think theyre gonna lose they seem to not even try. The past few years Van has played Palestine we havent had any problems. I dont think this year should be any different.

Van 42

Pal 28

Wow! "Those Kind of Kids" That is a pretty offensive statement. Van is a great team and it won't be easy to beat you Friday Night. You are most definitely a title contender this season, but to say you will win because "Palestine has those kind of kids" Thanks for the bulletin board material. We may lose Friday but I will guarantee you we will fight the full 48 minutes, because That is the kind of kids we have.

There is NO QUIT in Palestine. We may lose a game but, we will never Quit. Good bulletin board material though.

• Like 1

Unfortunately you never know what I may or may not post/say LoL

I don't think Pat Brown (Monsta's dad) would be offended. And I don't think we would have won state in '10 without his sons. (Or went to the semifinals in '11 and quarterfinals in '12.

And Patrick Brown, Sr. was a pretty good RB himself. He was the starting tailback on Coach A's very first Hendo team in 1989 that went 10-0 and ended the regular season ranked #2 in 4A. (Also another year a team from the district won state without winning district ... Chapel Hill state title #1.)

• Mr. P changed the title to District 9-4A (D-1) 2017