The Smoakhouse Forums

IP Board upgrade?

Are there any plans in the works to upgrade the IP Board forum software?

I'm not complaining, just wondering. I seem to recall the previous update has some speedbumps and I wanted to know if something like that might be on the horizon...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like it anonymous so I haven’t changed it

I think that would be up to David. I know we are using an outdated version of IP Board but I don't know what the new version could offer that this one doesn't already

Posted Images

I think that would be up to David. I know we are using an outdated version of IP Board but I don't know what the new version could offer that this one doesn't already

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On August 8, 2017 at 4:38 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I know one thing they did - made all the great emojis go away.  And you'd just fixed my favorite - :vomit:

Smoaky had one big advantage over SeTx no one could argue, it was emoji friendly.  Setx system won't do emojis, except :) smiley face.  Now this new one won't do that.  I'm crushed.  An emoji is worth a thousand words lol.

• Like 1

I am working on that, but the collections of emojis are hard to find... I spent several days working on my team emojis and they are all gone

53 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I know one thing they did - made all the great emojis go away.  And you'd just fixed my favorite - :vomit:

Smoaky had one big advantage over SeTx no one could argue, it was emoji friendly.  Setx system won't do emojis, except :) smiley face.  Now this new one won't do that.  I'm crushed.  An emoji is worth a thousand words lol.

you should see some new emojis now :)

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

I am working on that, but the collections of emojis are hard to find... I spent several days working on my team emojis and they are all gone

Here are some but they're all static: https://emojipedia.org

I swipe my animated ones from other message boards. LandThieves, 6A Texas football, and 2A Texas football

i can find .gif emojis it just takes a while to gather all of them then import them.

48 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

i can find .gif emojis it just takes a while to gather all of them then import them.

WH1 tried to help me (that smarty pants still uses them), but I'm either to dumb, or I need a mouse to copy computer goggldegook and paste it.  Either way, I'm emojiles.  Do we have a Psychiatrist on the Forum that can help me through this, or go I have to sue someone for mental stress (albeit I don't have much mental left) :) .  Hot dad gum dog.  We got one.

Geaux Tigers!

2 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Me too.....how’d you get that to print......

It's an imported file ... used the insert other media button

It's supposed to be animated, but the animation got lost in the Twilight Zone ....

Here I go again.  For the few posters in remedial computer class, is there a list of how to post emojis?  Only one I know is smiley face.  Can't figure out, I am woot.  :woot:  :woot  (woot)  [woot].   Or anything else.

:poop:. Ok.  Found a few lol.  I'm hopeless.