2017 PGA Championship

Hagar

Rory, two back of the lead, just boomed out a 351 yard drive. That's a driver 3 iron for me lol.

I played a round with my youngest son Tuesday at Woodland Hills in Nacogdoches ... He uses a Mizuno driving iron on most tee shots and usually hits it over 300 yards. Talk about Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ... I was 12 over par on the front and almost didn't play the back 9. Ate a hot dog and drank a Dr Pepper and shot even par on the back with 3 birdies and a triple bogie on 18 ... the course is in great shape by the way ....

Have a good story on a local boy. Chris Stroud who played at PNG and Lamar, won his first tournament last week to qualify for the PGA. Currently is in clubhouse at -3 just one behind leader.

Scalp'em Indian Scalp'em.

• Like 1

I played a round with my youngest son Tuesday at Woodland Hills in Nacogdoches ... He uses a Mizuno driving iron on most tee shots and usually hits it over 300 yards. Talk about Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ... I was 12 over par on the front and almost didn't play the back 9. Ate a hot dog and drank a Dr Pepper and shot even par on the back with 3 birdies and a triple bogie on 18 ... the course is in great shape by the way ....

Between the new clubs, balls, and these youngsters getting into shape, they play a game I'm not familiar with.

Triple on 18 lol, you were pumped. First time I broke 80, me & a buddy were playing after work & had our wives riding with us. Mostly talking. Got to 18, a par 4 dogleg to the right, & my buddy who was keeping scored told me I could double and break 80, Hit my first draw of the day into the woods. Punched out and made that double for a 79 (choked). My back prevents me from playing real golf. Played in a scramble a while back but just swung with shoulders & Arms lol. Can still make a putt or two though.

Between the new clubs, balls, and these youngsters getting into shape, they play a game I'm not familiar with.

Triple on 18 lol, you were pumped. First time I broke 80, me & a buddy were playing after work & had our wives riding with us. Mostly talking. Got to 18, a par 4 dogleg to the right, & my buddy who was keeping scored told me I could double and break 80, Hit my first draw of the day into the woods. Punched out and made that double for a 79 (choked). My back prevents me from playing real golf. Played in a scramble a while back but just swung with shoulders & Arms lol. Can still make a putt or two though.

I haven't played much the last few years, I have back and neck problems too. I usually take couple of muscle relaxers to start but I am usually hurting pretty good after about 14 holes or so. I have a good day every once in a while and shoot a decent score. If I break 80 these days, I'm satisfied ....

Last few holes disappointing. My analysis, based on my incompetent golf game, all the putts that just barely missed let frustration set in.

He played pretty good golf considering the pressure. He's a good golfer and he'll be back in contention. I can't believe how stupid Jason Day played the 18th hole making a quadruple bogey. All he had to do was punch it back out in the fairway and play for a par or bogey ... dumb move. There are a lot of good young golfers out there now. Nobody is dominating everyone like Tiger did a few years back ...

He played pretty good golf considering the pressure. He's a good golfer and he'll be back in contention. I can't believe how stupid Jason Day played the 18th hole making a quadruple bogey. All he had to do was punch it back out in the fairway and play for a par or bogey ... dumb move. There are a lot of good young golfers out there now. Nobody is dominating everyone like Tiger did a few years back ...

The overall level of talent is higher now than it was when Tiger was dominating...