17-5A thread

dillonpanthers

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:19 AM, Monte1076 said:

We will probably have a much clearer picture of whose in/out after this week.

Could have as many as 3 spots pretty much set this week or we could have 1 set and 3 up for grabs!!

Time for the Dragons to throw a wrench into the playoff picture:)

1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

Could have as many as 3 spots pretty much set this week or we could have 1 set and 3 up for grabs!!

Time for the Dragons to throw a wrench into the playoff picture:)

Our game this week is Homecoming, so I fully expect us to win. That gives us 3 wins with a game @ Nacogdoches next week.

19 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Our game this week is Homecoming, so I fully expect us to win. That gives us 3 wins with a game @ Nacogdoches next week.

Ennis is the team I expect to be set after this week, no matter what else happens.

11 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

It’s ok with me if hey let Nac do it.:)

Ha. Not me. ;-)

I'm hoping we don't take anyone lightly, and at this point I'm hoping for a district sweep. If we pull that off, we would be 18-4 vs "East Texas" schools (if I got all the matchups right) since 2014.

Week 3 of district play is in the books and we still have not had any surprises.

Ennis beat Jacksonville 41-7

Corsicana beat Lindale 35-23

Whitehouse beat Nacogdoches 14-11(the most boring High school football game I have seen in a long time.)

Standings after 3 Week

Ennis 3-0 Victories over WH, Lindale and Jax-Has Nac and Cana left-Playoff spot clinched. Div 1

Corsicana 3-0-Victories over Lindale, Nac and Jax-Has WH and Ennis left-Playoff spot clinched.  Div 1 unless Nac makes it.

Whitehouse 2-1-Victories over Jax and Nac with a loss to Ennis-Has Cana and Lindale left. Clinches a playoff spot with a Jacksonville loss.

The only scenario WH doesn't get in, is in a 3 way tie with WH/Jax/Lindale having larger margins of victory than WH.   WH is currently a +17 over Jax.

Whitehouse would have to lose out(being blown out by Lindale) and have Jacksonville beat Lindale big and beat Nac.

Lindale 1-2 Victory over Nac +4, Losses to Ennis and Corsicana-Has Jax and WH left-Clinches a playoff spot with a win over Jacksonville. 

Still in the driver seat for the 4th spot. D2  a loss to Jax puts them in danger of a tiebreaker involving Nac/Jax/Lindale and would make the WH a must win.

Jacksonville 0-3 Losses to Ennis, Corsicana and Whitehouse-Has Lindale and Nac left-clinches a playoff spot with 2 wins. Eliminated with a loss to Lindale.  D2

Nacogdoches 0-3 Losses to Lindale -4, Whitehouse -3 and Cana-Has Ennis and Jax left- Long Shot Scenarios( I say long shot because they have to win a frickin game first!!!!)   to make the playoffs- 2 wins .vs Ennis and Jax and Lindale to lose out or hope for Lindale to lose out and must beat Jacksonville by a larger margin than what Jax beats Lindale and Lindale beat them.

D1

Week 4 Matchups

Ennis @ Nacogdoches

Whitehouse @ Corsicana

Jacksonville @ Lindale-This is the biggest game of district 175a as far as the playoff picture goes. Jacksonville must win to stay alive, Lindale must win to clinch the playoff spot for them and WH.

Thoughts????

Week 4 of district play is finished the standings have been shaken up a little.

ennis had no trouble with  nac 49-21

cana beats whitehouse 27-10

jacksonville beats Lindale 25-15

ennis 4-0

cana 4-0

wh 2-2

jax 1-3

lindale 1-3

nac 0-4

Week 5 schedule

Corsicana at Ennis-for the district title

Lindale at Whitehouse

Nac at Jacksonville

Playoff picture

Ennis and Cana have clinched and play for the district title next week.

A Whitehouse win and they are in.

Jacksonville win with a Lindale loss they are in.

Lindale win and a Jacksonville loss and they are in.

Nac must win and hope for Lindale loss

Tiebreaker #1-3 way tie at 2-3 two would advance in this scenario

With a Wh loss to Lindale and Jax win over Nac-Wh,Lindale and Jax all 2-3

WH is +17 beating Jacksonville 24-7

Jacksonville is -7 losing to WH and beating Lindale 25-15

Lindale is -10 losing to Jacksonville 

A Lindale win by 25 and Lindale and Jax advance

A Lindale win by 4pts-24pts and Lindale and Whitehouse advance 

A Lindale win by 3 or less and Jacksonville and Whitehouse advance

Tiebreaker #2-Whitehouse beats Lindale and Nac beats Jacksonville -3 Teams tie at 1-4

Nac,Jax and Lindale tie at 1-4

Jacksonville is +10 by beating Lindale 25-15

Lindlale is -6 by beating Nac 35-31 and losing to Jacksonville 25-15

Nac is -4 by losing to to Lindale

A Nac win by 7 or more and Nac advances 

A Nac win by 6 or less and Jacksonville advances. 

A Nac win in this scenario would eliminate Lindale. 

I think I got everything, but I am very confident that if I didn’t, someone will correct this.

Possible Playoff Matchups

Without Nac

Ennis and Cana go D1- Winner of this weeks matchup gets Waco(currently in the #2 spot for D1)

-Loser gets Temple

2 Teams out of Whitehouse/Jax/Lindale would go D2 and get College St and A&M Consolidated.

With Nac

Ennis and Nac go D1-Nac would draw Temple and Ennis would get Waco.

D2-Would be Cana they would draw A&M Consolidated, Whitehouse would get College ST.

18-5A isn't completely set and Bryan Rudder could mess those standings up by beating A&M Cons. next week. Waco would also have to lose to University.

8 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

If things don’t change with our enrollment numbers, I guess I’ll see you crazies next year in district Wagons. I’m expecting us and roaches to be in 5A D1 Region 3 next season. 

I expect it as well, but it depends on that lower end of the cutoff....hoping for an 1800 lower end to keep us in D2 for 2 more years. 

It would figure that what is forecasted to be Nacs strongest teams in 30 years has us moving up.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, Pack007 said:

If things don’t change with our enrollment numbers, I guess I’ll see you crazies next year in district Wagons. I’m expecting us and roaches to be in 5A D1 Region 3 next season. 

yeah , Ya ll are pretty creative with those enrollment numbers

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

The cap is 17 points in 17-5A so if Lindale wins by 25 over WH that doesn't come into play, only 17 points.

I don't think that part of the scenario is happening anyway!! Not sure either of the teams can get that big of lead on the other.

Jacksonville is sitting in the best shape right now.

17-5a Final Standings

Going into the last week of the regular season Lindale/Jax/Nac we’re playing for the final playoff spot. While Ennis/Cana played for the title.

Ennis routed Cana to take the title 46-14

Jacksonville dominated Nac 56-34

Whitehouse scored with 30secs left to beat Lindale 27-23

Ennis 5-0-D1-Gets Waco

Cana 4-1-D1-Gets Temple 

WH 3-2-D2-Gets A&M Cons

Jax 2-3-D2-Gets College St

Lindale 1-4

Nac 0-5

Extremely disappointing season for Nac, even though most of us expected 2-8/3-7 this season. Actually what a horrible 2 year stretch, when this district was formed with out LP and Jt the expectation was a playoff spot. 2 straight last place district finishes, and Not being very competitive this year is frustrating.

Nac has a very young team, with a very good group of freshman incoming. They are headlined by twin running backs that got to play in the 4th last night and looked good.

Good Luck 17-5a, now I just hope for good playoff games being played close!!!

Yea disappointed Lindale didn't make the playoffs but not really surprised. They actually had a better season than last year and a better year overall than I expected at 4-6. They were a really young team with a new head coach. I think there is definitely potential next year and the year after for them to be good. Just wasn't their year this year

On 11/11/2017 at 1:05 PM, Jakeelee86 said:

Yea disappointed Lindale didn't make the playoffs but not really surprised. They actually had a better season than last year and a better year overall than I expected at 4-6. They were a really young team with a new head coach. I think there is definitely potential next year and the year after for them to be good. Just wasn't their year this year

Hey, what happened to that kicker you guys had last season? Jordan Lawless, or whatever his name was? Kid had a BIG leg. Did he get offers from any schools?

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Hey, what happened to that kicker you guys had last season? Jordan Lawless, or whatever his name was? Kid had a BIG leg. Did he get offers from any schools?

Think he's been gone atleast 2 seasons now. He played at a junior college last year. Can't remember if it was tjc or Trintiy valley.  he walked on to mississippi State and pretty sure he made their team.