North Forney @Mount Pleasant-Week 1

North Forney travels to Mount Pleasant for the season opener. Randy Jackson takes over a struggling North Forney program. Mt. Pleasant showed tons of improvement last year and return a stable of skill players with lots of speed. Will North Forney struggle with a new system and coach? Will Mount Pleasant continue to show improvement?

I expect North Forney will not handle the speed of Mount Pleasant. There is a lot of hype surrounding Jackson at North Forney, but it is just hype. NF will continue to struggle this season as they try to adapt to a new system. Mt. Pleasant will feature far more playmakers than North Forney. The "goons" will fail to match the speed and agility of the tigers. NF has some players on offense, but their team defense is nothing special. Who ya got?

• Like 1

North Forney is in for a challenge against Mount Pleasant. Replacing a coach and scheme is not easy and North Forney may need several weeks with their new coach to get adjusted. Mount Pleasant is in the same system and has the same coaches from last year and will not struggle with the same playcalling and formation issues. I don't know who the 'goons' are but best of luck to them because you cant be the cellar dweller in your district for decades then get a new coach and be the real deal. Mount Pleasant will just have too much quickness than North Forney. NF have always been a slow team trying to run an up-tempo, vertical attack. They are not fast enough to run this in their district nor in any other. I expect lots of interceptions, fumbles, and an altogether sloppy game. Tigers win big and beat Falcons handily.

• Like 1

North Forney is in for a challenge against Mount Pleasant. Replacing a coach and scheme is not easy and North Forney may need several weeks with their new coach to get adjusted. Mount Pleasant is in the same system and has the same coaches from last year and will not struggle with the same playcalling and formation issues. I don't know who the 'goons' are but best of luck to them because you cant be the cellar dweller in your district for decades then get a new coach and be the real deal. Mount Pleasant will just have too much quickness than North Forney. NF have always been a slow team trying to run an up-tempo, vertical attack. They are not fast enough to run this in their district nor in any other. I expect lots of interceptions, fumbles, and an altogether sloppy game. Tigers win big and beat Falcons handily.

This almost reminds me of that time that Jackson stepped into Poteet with the same situation and he did nothing with the Poteet program. Great statement on your end! Because they have no chance at MP (since they are so solid) I will go with NF by 2 td's.

What does MP have that is so great? They got killed in both scrimmages! Also, North Forney hasn;t been a cellar dweller for decades, considering the school has only been around since 2009. NF by 2 TDs.

• Like 1

MP has got a stable of lightning fast backs in the backfield. The quarterback is accurate on the short to intermediate routes and really looked sharp against PG. He also has wheels and will look to cause trouble when he pulls the ball down and runs while the defense is thinking pass. I know the falcons have some talent, but with a new coach I have to believe the stability at MP gives them the advantage. It will be a long night for the falcon defense as the "goons will struggle to stop the run game of the tigers. MP wins the first game of the season and then goes 2-0 with another win against North Lamar.

MP has got a stable of lightning fast backs in the backfield. The quarterback is accurate on the short to intermediate routes and really looked sharp against PG. He also has wheels and will look to cause trouble when he pulls the ball down and runs while the defense is thinking pass. I know the falcons have some talent, but with a new coach I have to believe the stability at MP gives them the advantage. It will be a long night for the falcon defense as the "goons will struggle to stop the run game of the tigers. MP wins the first game of the season and then goes 2-0 with another win against North Lamar.

Where?? MP won't beat NL either

Where you at goldandblack??