PG Vs. Arkansas high at the grove

Sticker44

Yeah BN been avoiding PG for years when I was in school we wanted play them he didn't want too all I know finally we a chance too show him that we can hang Lil ole PG may in future coach may leave but for here and now he's leading Hawk Nation came in turned program around I can't wait until Friday night

Yea hang with Arkansas but not T-High last year, Quan Hampton would've had a field day..

i do not think that BN has ever run from pg. he had nothing to gain from playing pg. if he played pg and won then he was suppose to win and if he lost then all heck would have broken loose. that is a no win situation. it is only a lose lose situation. I believe all future texas high coaches will feel the same way that bn felt. there will have to be something to gain to ever get texas high to play pg

• Like 1

i do not think that BN has ever run from pg. he had nothing to gain from playing pg. if he played pg and won then he was suppose to win and if he lost then all heck would have broken loose. that is a no win situation. it is only a lose lose situation. I believe all future texas high coaches will feel the same way that bn felt. there will have to be something to gain to ever get texas high to play pg

Yeah, that's the same excuse we always hear on this side. I love the in-city games and I think it brings us closer as a community but there is nothing to gain from that. We played many teams last year that could of had the same excuse. We lost and got better. This year, I figure they are the ones who will learn from our team.

Yall may have a good squad this year, but I don't think anyone has ever really ran from PG in football lol.

What good would it have done for Texas High to hang 60-70 points on yall?

Wouldn't have been good for yall or them.

Meh, no way you can say that honestly. They might be able to beat us but not by 60-70. They got their handed to them in 7 on 7 by us so I guess that's as close as we will ever get.

nothing to gain from playing pg. if he played pg and won then he was suppose to win and if he lost then all heck would have broken loose. that is a no win situation. it is only a lose lose situation.

true words

Yeah, they came to PG and gave us a game. They scored twice and we put up five or six TDs. Didn't count points for INTs but we had a few of those too.

you using freaking summer league scores... Wow... smh...

you using freaking summer league scores... Wow... smh...

I was being sarcastic lol 7on7 is a lot different from in pads my friend!

It's the only time recently that they stepped on the football field with us so it's relevant...If they could beat us by 60-70 points, I mean, they couldn't even beat us in a sissyass game of touch football.

So, who's better this year? Ark High or T-High? Who's gonna win that game?

Too early to tell. Going into the season I would have thought AHS had a lot of promising young players that should be peaking this year & they would be the favorite. Both teams have new coaches & are running new offenses so only time will tell.

Hope I'm wrong, but PG looks strongest on paper in the city. The next 3 weeks wlll probably make it crystal clear who is the best in town this year

Too early to tell. Going into the season I would have thought AHS had a lot of promising young players that should be peaking this year & they would be the favorite. Both teams have new coaches & are running new offenses so only time will tell.

Hope I'm wrong, but PG looks strongest on paper in the city. The next 3 weeks wlll probably make it crystal clear who is the best in town this year

Lol we will see..

Wasn't this PG vs ark high thread? T High should be better than PG. Totally different animal. Maybe not this year, but most years should be. As far as PG vs hogs I'll go with the Hawks. No reason to believe PG doesn't pick up right where they left off last year and no sign yet that the hogs don't either. Nothing moving across state line to help that.

• Like 1

Wasn't this PG vs ark high thread? T High should be better than PG. Totally different animal. Maybe not this year, but most years should be. As far as PG vs hogs I'll go with the Hawks. No reason to believe PG doesn't pick up right where they left off last year and no sign yet that the hogs don't either. Nothing moving across state line to help that.

Totally agree. Most years we would be, but this year is a big question. I've already picked PG by 10. AHS may be much improved this year. If they are it is because they have a special Jr class we all saw coming. It is certainly not because a "genius" has been hired over there :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Game will be close til halftime. PG has 300 lb lineman that will take over late in the game. PG should pull away in the second half. DEEEP stable of running backs for the HAWKS. Hogs will have athletes all over the field too though.

Hope you are right about the linemen. Those guys are going both ways.

Game will be close til halftime. PG has 300 lb lineman that will take over late in the game. PG should pull away in the second half. DEEEP stable of running backs for the HAWKS. Hogs will have athletes all over the field too though.

I'm not sure being a 300lb lineman means you're going to take over a game late. I would actually think the opposite.

• Like 1