PG Vs. Arkansas high at the grove

Sticker44

WING T is hard to stop when ran to perfection..not to mention black uniforms really confuses defenses on who has the ball alot of times...PG should win this one..saw Ark scrimmage hope...defense looks stout and rbs ran hard ...qb was not that good...Pg 27-14

The wing T is a hard thing to handle. A few years ago we played Kennedale. Smaller school with MUCH smaller players. We never stopped them all night. It is a killer offense when run correctly. I would be at the PG-AHS game if it wasn't THS first game at home. This is gonna be an interesting game on so many levels. I hope PG mashes them good

The wing T is a hard thing to handle. A few years ago we played Kennedale. Smaller school with MUCH smaller players. We never stopped them all night. It is a killer offense when run correctly. I would be at the PG-AHS game if it wasn't THS first game at home. This is gonna be an interesting game on so many levels. I hope PG mashes them good

You right there if they carry out there fakes and run it correctly it's tough too defend these kids been in this system now 4 years you would love have a spread offensive and run wide open plays but you always have that team that don't have much athletes too run those offense that's us we may run ole skool but I know that if you can run it control clock put points on board you can win games I will be at the game Friday can't wait see those Hawks beat those Hogs from across the Stateline

Should be a great atmosphere. I will be attending most of the games this year. Looking for a stellar season from everything I'm reading on the Hawks.

How is the special teams looking? I know they lost a awesome kicker/punter.

Kickers are doing well. accuracy is good. don't have the same distance as Matt Day but hitting a 52 yarder in high school isn't the norm.

School has a legit kicking coach now who was All Conference kicker/punter in college. Thats really helpful!!!!

The PG coach must have been a great hire. Its been awhile since we have had anything to boast about

it was a great hire. i think like a lot of east texas people do that anytime you hire someone out of dfw, houston basically any metro area that you have to worry about that coach wanting to go back to the bigger area. that system works great at pg even though i think they may be bigger and faster than i ever remember seeing them. jg could stick around for many years and have a great career at pg but i always worry he'll want to go back to dfw.

• Like 1

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/sports/prep/story/2017/sep/01/arkansas-high-pleasant-grove/689113/

Game Day!!! Time to get pumped at the pep rally, fed at the tailgate party, and hoarse from all the cheering for my Hawks!!!

Good comments above from both coaches. Have only heard good things coming from Ark High. The only people I hear talking smack are from T-High...in Sunday School nonetheless!

In a nutshell.

Long return, scored from inside the 20.

Onside kick, scored.

Defense dominated all game, Off had to figure out what works, qb was a beast, amazing catches from WR4, and RBs for days!

Ark was a good football team, way better than last year.

You mean the defense dominated 3 quarters and 8 minutes? Lol, just jackin with ya. Good win Hawks.

• Like 1

You mean the defense dominated 3 quarters and 8 minutes? Lol, just jackin with ya. Good win Hawks.

Yeah man, I hear ya. They scored on a pass to the end zone after the onside from the 40. Beautiful pass into double coverage with a great catch by the Ark WR. We lost a lot of momentum after a questionable personal foul call at about 2 mins.