Week Two: Marshall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-0) vs Marshall Mavericks (0-1)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

All that D-1 talent has spent more time reading articles than doing work thus far it appears to me.

Hopefully OD is back at QB next week. He's our best bet imho.

Over 400 yards last week. 27 points. Not much yell about tonight.

Was a good game and as usual, the final score didn't reflect how hard-fought the game was. Longview has a lot of work to do, for sure. I am impressed with Haynes King's mechanics and athleticism... That said, after everyone was angry over Lawson playing, he made a good TD pass.

I love the Longview defense. Mav fans are meh about their offense.... The Longview defense had something to do with it. Those boys are FAST and all 11 guys fly to the football. I like what I see from them. Marshall has a decent offense that can be great if they hit their stride.

Marshall should beat Corsicana and probably run the table in their district. I think 8-2 is a definite possibility.

• Like 1

Just not sure how the offense can ever get continuity playing this shuffle with Qbs....

Completely agree.

Setting ourselves up for disaster if this continue.

Haven't been able to see much of the posts, other than just seeing a scoreline throughout the night. Sounds like the defense had a night. Just gotta hope they keep improving. Sounded like the Mavs had a pretty decent defense.

I'd be shocked if someone in their district defeats them, especially with T High down this year.

I don't see it yet.

No. I don't think anyone in 16-5A is anywhere near the level of Lee or Longview.... but I'm seeing a mess offensively right now.

Defense has been behind the 8 ball both games by pitiful oline play.

Gotta get better offensively . Or anyone will wear our defense out.

Best of luck to the Lobos.

Mavs got work to do the next to weeks to prepare for Tex high.

That said, after everyone was angry over Lawson playing, he made a good TD pass.

Lawson had a decent game.

BUT don't confuse quality for quantity....he doesn't perform to that level always. See last week. But I do give credit where credit is due, he had a decent game tonight.

Still say start Haynes and be done with this QB fiasco but thats wishful thinking. I'm convinced King knows HK is the best of the 3. Notice how on the drive right before half he put Haynes in so we could have a better chance of scoring again right before half. We didn't score but still, he put in Haynes to make the throws.

Defense, agreed. Some may complain about em but they are not letting teams score which matters most. And this is also 2 consecutive weeks of the secondary earning INT's. Outside of our corner Dotrey getting beat by Marshall WR Washington a few times, Longview held their O in check.

KBxK7Rg.gif

Offense is fine. We've had two extra scrimmages with a lotta guys getting carries and pass attempts, but I suspect the starters will be set by the time district rolls around.

Yeah, both Marshall and Lufkin led for a little bit, but neither game was ever really in doubt.

King gon get his ring this year, somebody built him a defense, that's all he ever needed, if he would have had one last year, the possibility was there.. Jmho

That'd far exceed my expectations.

I called for a 10-0 and quarterfinal appearance for this team this year prior to the season starting. Sort of an enhanced version of 2007 Longview.

IMHO you don't wanna come out and win by 60-70 in first couple games, teen's tend to let their heads swell like that. Better to find your weaknesses and gradually work on them as you roll forward in the season, quietly getting better as you progress and keeping the boys on an even keel, never letting them realize how good /special they truly are. Work ethic and focus could carry this team to great heights and it's there for the taking IMHO..

Ps. The qb quandary will sort itself out as season moves forward... Js

• Like 1

King gon get his ring this year, somebody built him a defense, that's all he ever needed, if he would have had one last year, the possibility was there.. Jmho

They haven't played against any very good or great offenses though. I'm not trying to be shady or take a shot. Just not sure how you can make that statement right now when they only went against Lufkin and a Marshall team without their Qb.

It's not great when your top wr is probably whatever qb doesn't stsrt

Our top WR's are Kamden Perry and Jacob Johnson. They're talented. But they aren't going to get 5000 receiving yards in games (like YOU want them to) when we havent established a QB yet. Perry had a good game against LP last week.