Week Two: Marshall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-0) vs Marshall Mavericks (0-1)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

If king or Carter were full time wrs they would be the best we have

Why do you base conclusions on ONE game?

You're just saying this because Haynes caught a bomb last night. Haynes is a good all around player and trust me, I've seen his successful abilities playing WR through 7 on 7 prior to the season. AC too.

But they are not better targets than Jaylin Brown/Kamden Perry/Jacob Johnson. Good? Yes. Better? No.

Dang. Perry has a drop or two in one game, all of a sudden he's a scrub. lol when destroys SOC this week you'll be back in here saying "Lobos!"

They haven't played against any very good or great offenses though. I'm not trying to be shady or take a shot. Just not sure how you can make that statement right now when they only went against Lufkin and a Marshall team without their Qb.

My reasoning is two fold..

1)offense can pound the rock, always have always will, now they can throw a little and that forces secondary out of the box and extends time of possession and limits spread teams from time of play, which keeps Lobo D fresher.

2)somebody has bought king a defense, something they usually lack.. Ie. Last year for instance, had they possess a defense of any credibility, they would have won that last game.

They haven't played against any very good or great offenses though. I'm not trying to be shady or take a shot. Just not sure how you can make that statement right now when they only went against Lufkin and a Marshall team without their Qb.

Happens every year. We beat a few good teams (and yes, Lufkin and Marshall are good teams that I'm sure will compete in their districts and go a few rounds in the playoffs) and people are ready to crown us state champs. Usually they overestimate the talent we have in doing so.

I'm not saying this team can't make a run... They look like they can be a very dangerous team if they fix some glaring issues.

• Like 1

(and yes, Lufkin and Marshall are good teams that I'm sure will compete in their districts and go a few rounds in the playoffs)

I don't see either one of those teams winning a playoff game right now.

Lufkin will have to face Longview or John Tyler and Marshall is going to have to go up against someone from the Highland Park district which is not looking good for the Mavs atm.

Like urs is???? The brilliant stuff said on here is pure homerism at its best!!! Ha!!! You are truly funny! If anyone on here can say this longview team is even the best in the district let alone winning 1 or 2 playoff games isn't with reality! The qb position is at best crazy.... very very very inexperienced and unproven.....the first 2 games are against teams that truly are not very good..... Marshall is all hype I'm sorry ....all the talk of transfers , coaches and histeria made you think Marshall was any more then what they showed..... bad defense.... bad offense .... no rbs ....

Lufkin just isn't good....

So if longview played say Austin Westland, trinity , etc... how would it look....not real good I bet.you can't have your first district game be the first game for your Qb.... just asking for a mess. And the defense hasn't played an offense worth spit yet so let's hold off on the fact the lobos have a defense...just a lot to be proven yet on the field against an actual playoff team .... 6a playoff team,,

What makes you say they are not better than those 2 teams??? Just cause they are east Texas teams? Come on! Did you watch both games? Lobos even played musical chairs with their Qbs and still easily won! Marshall had no defense and no rbs.... overrated oline also. Lufkin had the skill just didn't put it together .

No.... the fans of the lobos somehow think Longview has the corner on having good players.... pretty much every team in their district will as or close to as talented as the lobos.... just being realistic is what is needed.... this isn't 5a.... in 6a longview hasn't done real well in the playoffs under king other than 1 year maybe???? Then that year ended in horrific fashion against Guyer. Longview is a decent team but more than outside of a district contender isvto be proven. The Qb position is just bizzare! Would lake travis, Allen or south lake but their best Qb at receiver when he needs to learn to be a great Qb. So the lobos will need to wait another year for king to his Qb determined...cater either needs to be the Qb or a wr!!! #3 should be playing slot bsck or defense..... it's just not allowing the offense to Gellvat all .... but that coaches decision but I'm not sure playing around with 3 qbs will get u what u want.... using 2 is questionable ... 3 is just not allowing any of the 3 to get into a rythm... oh well! We will end up running the ball because the passing game will suffer.... so what's the point

Jesus, dude.

6A didn't even exist when Longview played Guyer. It was still 5A at the time. And under King in 5A Longview went to the third round, quarterfinals, and semifinals regularly. We've played all of one season in 6A IIRC, and it ended with a loss to Westbrook in a game was should've won.... Even though that team last year was one of the weakest teams we've had under King.

Yes, SLC and others WOULD test out different options at QB during these games that legitimately don't matter one bit. If this continues into district play okay... But as of now I don't necessarily disagree with trying different guys try to find their rhythm... Especially when in spite of it we've won both games we've played by at least 3 possessions.

• Like 2

By the way... it was good to meet JohnnyFootball and RandyJohnson at the ballgame Friday. Sorry I had to keep running errands.

One of these Fridays we gotta have a pre-game tailgate for the Lobo fans on Smoaky.

Mark it down for the bi district game if it's at Lobo!

• Like 1

Delerious fans on here!!! Longview has had more disappointing early exists in old 5a or new 6a then long runs! Come on!!! Tell me exactly the great runs longview made????? 2010 ??? That's it... and blew it! It's ok, but for some reason people here think in 6a longview is a real contender ! Tell me why?

Longview has a good program.... but really a less than 5% chance any year to win it .