Week Two: Marshall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-0) vs Marshall Mavericks (0-1)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

I've seen a 165 pound guard get around out in the flat and literally destroy a corner.. A couple of them can wreck a secondary after awhile.. Pure to the bone meanness is a desired trait in pulling guards, size is just a bonus in my opinion.. Js

My senior year we had a kid go about 5'8 185lbs who was an all-state guard. Sweetest guy you'd ever want to meet... off the field. ;)

If they are.... the Lee game hasn't been yet.

The cable rebroadcast will be tonight I believe....but the cable doesn't upload their broadcast Only KMHT has done theirs.

I just checked.....and the Wylie East playoff from last season was the last one on there.

Better than the "beating" they took last season.

From a Longview stand point, I just don't want them to start Lawson again this Friday.

Carter and King both earned it enough, but it definitely seems like his dad has Haynes locked at the #3 spot right now.

07...Don't be surprised if Coach King trots out Jordan Lawson to start again. I know I won't be.

I agree that he should make the best decision for the offense. Both A'Darius and Haynes are simply better choices. It's nothing personal against Jordan but it's​ obvious that he doesn't possess the same physical "gifts" that the other two do.

It's the "Senior" player sentiment Coach King​ is known to be an advocate of when making "his" choice.

If it were you or I making the call it would be Haynes or A'Darius with a slight edge to the former over the latter.

Of course, we'll have to live with the choice come what may...lol !

Johnny...

Coach King wasn't the Head Coach when THAT decision was made. It was Coach Collins in charge back then...right ?

Anyways, the point I was referring to is in the "here in now" with the current situation not when Longview was preparing for a highly ranked defending State Championship caliber team like Midland Lee (no disrespect to Marshall).

When else has this happened to make him "known" for it? Cause one of the first things this staff did was bench a Senior QB in favor of a Sophomore in a game at Midland Lee....

I wouldn't say he's known for it but he's definitely started doing this more often than not in recent seasons for whatever reason.

Johnny...

Coach King wasn't the Head Coach when THAT decision was made. It was Coach Collins in charge back then...right ?

Anyways, the point I was referring to is in the "here in now" with the current situation not when Longview was preparing for a highly ranked defending State Championship caliber team like Midland Lee (no disrespect to Marshall).

Coach Collins was the head coach, but for all intents and purposes, Coach King was running the show.

I get you're referring to the situation now... I just wondered what you meant when you said "known for". As in what other instances has this happened?

07...Don't be surprised if Coach King trots out Jordan Lawson to start again. I know I won't be.

Y'know, whatever. I'm fine with it. King's calling the shots. I like to mouth off on message boards but, at the end of the day, I'm not the one accountable for those decisions.

But. if he starts, I would like to see the play-calling tailored for Lawson's skillset. Some triple-option looks, play-action rollouts.

I have a gut feeling on how this will go.

Not excited about it. But I also know there is a bigger picture out there.

If we finish the regular season in the neighborhood of 8-2 or 7-3 in the first year of a new coaching staff AND with a rookie QB.... then it's hard to complain.

I remember 2011 and 2012. SO 8-2 or 7-3 is something I celebrate.

We started 0-3 last year...... so while I'm not excited about the prospect of 0-2.... it's not the end of the world.

Just wanna see guys go out and compete against a Lobo team that will likely be in the top 10 in November.

Not many 5A teams in Texas have a team of Longview's calibur on their schedule. It will make us better.

Can think of a lot of Maverick teams that lost to Longview in the last 10-15 years that still played deep round playoff football.

Still wont admit he should have kicked the extra point. Theres being confident in your players like he said but theres also being smart and putting the team in the best position to win. But that ones behind us and doesnt mean much now. He is spot on about Longview though as he does have some experience against them with Desoto.

Still wont admit he should have kicked the extra point. Theres being confident in your players like he said but theres also being smart and putting the team in the best position to win. But that ones behind us and doesnt mean much now. He is spot on about Longview though as he does have some experience against them with Desoto.

Why? I mean, he had to go for 2 at some point if he wanted to catch up... Why not on that possession? Why wait? I haven't studied all the game theory on it and why it would be better, but I honestly can't see a difference.

U dont chase points until its totally necessary. Anything can happen before that final drive. Safety, fg, blocked xp. You miss it early you are down 2 scores. Kick xp and u are down one score. Maybe their defense is more fatigue for a last second 2 point conversion try.?